THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - Southeast Anyone interested in SCCA track night events for 2022?

11-14-2021, 09:54 PM   #1
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 6spd.

Anyone interested in SCCA track night events for 2022?

Anyone interested in coordinating attending SCCA
TrackNight next year in NC, SC, GA or TN?

These are One day/evening HPDE events with Three 20 minute run sessions on ~ 20 race courses around US. March to October with Novice , intermediate and advanced run groups. Here is the 2021 Link: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events

Since the late 80's I have attended HPDE around the US and these are among the safest and most moderately priced events
I attended three at AMP in Dawsonville GA during 2021 My sons also drove they were well organized, safe and fun. They offer an enthusiast alternative practice time since are scheduled mid week. From 1:30 to 7:00. Price is $165 - $195 per event. That is excellent for an hour of track time. There is a discount for SCCA members.

For us there are 5 regional tracks which include: Road Atlanta , Atlanta Motorsports park (amp) , Memphis international , Kershaw SC and Charlotte motor speedway infield course.

SCCA won't publish a 2022 schedule until 2022 but
I expect it to resemble 2021 and a few of us could coordinate meetups I will also be attending other events around the south if interested. I am in Atlanta area
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
TheArchivist
Rep
Drives: M235i

Hey Bill, I'd be interested. I just got the car a while back and I'm loving driving it. Always wanted to try a track but absolutely no track experience. Would that be a problem? Or if not, would you know a decent place to learn? I'm down around Macon.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 08:58 PM   #3
RacerBowie
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchivist View Post
Hey Bill, I'd be interested. I just got the car a while back and I'm loving driving it. Always wanted to try a track but absolutely no track experience. Would that be a problem? Or if not, would you know a decent place to learn? I'm down around Macon.
I'll be at pretty much all the ones at AMP and Rd Atlanta... I'm the dude that gives the "Pay attention to your coaches and the flags and don't be a meanie" talks, so Bill I'm sure we've crossed paths.

And this year I'll have a trackable car so may actually turn a lap or two other than during course setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #4
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep

Hey guys. I look forward to seeing you both on track in spring in. Dawsonville at AMP. The SCCA events are great for exploring your car in a safe environment. They are not designed for instruction on performance driving. There are not classroom sessions nor instructors. BMWBCCA club has HPDE event with instructors each year ~ $595 two days I think it was at Roebling Road in Savannah in 2021 for Peachtree region. But for $600-2,000 there are 1-2 day schools or event held by BMW M Scholl in SC, AMP , Road Atlanta, Barber Track in Alabama as well as private groups like Chin Motorsports and others

Typically. You have class room sessions on "the line", handling, flags and , instructor ride along talking you through course and you move toward getting signed off to drive solo by instructor. Bill
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #5
RacerBowie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG2A View Post
Hey guys. I look forward to seeing you both on track in spring in. Dawsonville at AMP. The SCCA events are great for exploring your car in a safe environment. They are not designed for instruction on performance driving. There are not classroom sessions nor instructors. BMWBCCA club has HPDE event with instructors each year ~ $595 two days I think it was at Roebling Road in Savannah in 2021 for Peachtree region. But for $600-2,000 there are 1-2 day schools or event held by BMW M Scholl in SC, AMP , Road Atlanta, Barber Track in Alabama as well as private groups like Chin Motorsports and others

Typically. You have class room sessions on "the line", handling, flags and , instructor ride along talking you through course and you move toward getting signed off to drive solo by instructor. Bill
To be fair, at the SCCA events we DO have classroom sessions for the Novice group... but you are correct, no in-car for anyone. And you are also correct that it is much more a laid-back "come play with your car" day than a "Become the fastest driver... in the world" kind of thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:02 PM   #6
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep

SCCA announced first 2022 events in region in March
Atlanta AMP , Charlotte, and Kershaw SC ~ $160 for SCCA members 3 20 min sessions also BMWCCA
Spring driving event at Road Atlanta March 5-6 two days with instructor $475

I have signed up

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #7
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep

I will be in Kershaw ,SC this weekend March 26. -27
20 min North Of Columbia ,SC. And 55 min south of Charlotte $ 160 per day
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #8
RacerBowie
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillG2A View Post
I will be in Kershaw ,SC this weekend March 26. -27
20 min North Of Columbia ,SC. And 55 min south of Charlotte $ 160 per day
Bill come find me in the paddock and we'll put a face with the name and have a beverage.

White M235i with bright green mirrors, running the TT in T2.

Bowie
Appreciate 0