THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications 50 Years M Heritage Badge

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-20-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
greatness
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: (F22) 2018 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

50 Years M Heritage Badge

I thought the M hertage badge would go well with the Estoril Blue, so I decided to swap out the emblem badges. As they weren't really meant for the F22, I did a bit of internet research and made the swap. It came out better than I expected- worth every penny!

Thanks a bunch to Evan@Tischer and the team at getbmwparts.com for the awesome help, and despite their busy schedules, taking the time to entertain "what if" questions about badge fitment. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Just in case anyone is looking to do something similar or use the parts as reference:
- our front badge is 83mm and the rear is 74mm.
- the front badge was (51148087189) for the F87 M2 (two guide holes). I used fishing line to remove the stock badge.
- the rear badge was (51148087196) for the G20 (two pins that go into grommets).
- the rear badge on the F22 had no adhesive, but the heritage badge comes with adhesive pre-applied.
- our rear badge comes out easily enough with a plastic trim tool and you can reuse the emblem grommet. I ordered two, and found out during the process that the emblem pops out with zero damage to the grommets, but I had ordered two already (51148209932).
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 3
Cos270274.50
123Britt258.00
      09-22-2022, 06:57 PM   #2
John in VA
Lieutenant Colonel
811
Rep
1,911
Posts

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Leesburg, VA

iTrader: (5)

Thanks for providing the info! We, too, have an Estoril coupe & want to make this badge swap.
__________________
____________________________________________
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
AaronD81
Private
2
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
Do you have any pictures of the back of the badges? Did the part numbers you bought have the correct pins or mounting points? Some other forums show multiple part numbers for the same size roundel and there are a lot of mounting options, and the mounting points don't always line up depending on which car you're putting it on.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
greatness
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: (F22) 2018 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronD81 View Post
Do you have any pictures of the back of the badges? Did the part numbers you bought have the correct pins or mounting points? Some other forums show multiple part numbers for the same size roundel and there are a lot of mounting options, and the mounting points don't always line up depending on which car you're putting it on.
I should've taken pictures prior to application, but the badges all had the correct mounting points. The front badge has two holes and the rear badge has two pins, both of which line up perfectly with the 2018 M240i.

If you need any reference, the front badge was for the F87 and the rear was for the G20. I will try to find links to pictures or videos and reply.
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
AaronD81
Private
2
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: PA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatness View Post
I should've taken pictures prior to application, but the badges all had the correct mounting points. The front badge has two holes and the rear badge has two pins, both of which line up perfectly with the 2018 M240i.

If you need any reference, the front badge was for the F87 and the rear was for the G20. I will try to find links to pictures or videos and reply.
Thanks for the confirmation, just ordered from getbmwparts.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 01:33 PM   #6
123Britt
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: 15 M235i AT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madison, Alabama

iTrader: (0)

83mm OR 82MM??

Just in case anyone is looking to do something similar or use the parts as reference:
- our front badge is 83mm and the rear is 74mm.




Front 82mm?
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 05:29 AM   #7
greatness
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: (F22) 2018 M240i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Just in case anyone is looking to do something similar or use the parts as reference:
- our front badge is 83mm and the rear is 74mm.




Front 82mm?
My good sir, 82mm is correct. I had a tape ruler when I made my initial measurements and that seems to be the number that's stuck in my head.

Per the parts listing:

Part Number Part Name
51-14-8-087-196 50 Years M Heritage Badge (74mm)
51-14-8-209-932 Emblem Grommet (x2)
51-14-8-087-189C Emblem, 50 Years BMW - 82mm
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #8
123Britt
Captain
United_States
258
Rep
832
Posts

Drives: 15 M235i AT
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Madison, Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Back Order Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatness View Post
My good sir, 82mm is correct. I had a tape ruler when I made my initial measurements and that seems to be the number that's stuck in my head.

Per the parts listing:

Part Number Part Name
51-14-8-087-196 50 Years M Heritage Badge (74mm)
51-14-8-209-932 Emblem Grommet (x2)
51-14-8-087-189C Emblem, 50 Years BMW - 82mm
Any idea how long getbmwparts.com takes to get these delivered?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:54 PM   #9
John in VA
Lieutenant Colonel
811
Rep
1,911
Posts

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Leesburg, VA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
Any idea how long getbmwparts.com takes to get these delivered?
getBMWparts.com
3211 AUTOMOBILE BLVD
SILVER SPRING, MD 20904
Customer Support Hours:
8am - 5pm EST (Mon - Fri)
Email only please - Contact Us
https://www.getbmwparts.com/contact-us
__________________
____________________________________________
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST