THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Turner Motorsport Thrust Arm Review!

08-30-2022, 11:08 AM   #1
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Turner Motorsport Thrust Arm Review!

Link: https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...nstalled-arms/

Install Time: 1 hour

Difficulty: 2/10

Review: I purchased the thrust arms off the 2addict marketplace with the monoball pre-installed so I did not have to press out my own. Visually the bushing look very well built and you can see how much less movement there were compared to the stock ones. Install is a breeze you just need 18mm socket, 21mm socket, and a pry bar. First impressions on the drive I noticed a stiffer steering wheel for sure, especially around turns it's not quite like a f80/82 steering feel but pretty close. The dead space that I had noticed before (the delay in steering) has been cleaned up as well steering is almost instantaneous. I let 3 other people drive without knowing what I did and they had said the same thing about the steering. I couldn't notice a big difference in terms of breaking as the description says but I'm sure it's there. Someone else I notice was more NVH especially over little bumps and cracks you'll feel the bump more and the noise does transfer more into the cabin. Overall the small NVH created is so minuscule compared to the added precision you get in steering. For others who are installing, I have a 2015 M235i 6MT the long bolt turner provided did not fit on my car it was way to short so I reused my old one.
      09-01-2022, 07:13 AM   #2
Heitzer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i; BMW S1000RR

Just want to confirm your recommendation of the thrust arms. I wrote briefly here. Like the details you noted on handling improvements.
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...1949313&page=2

Do you have LCAs installed or just the thrust arms?
      09-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitzer View Post
Just want to confirm your recommendation of the thrust arms. I wrote briefly here. Like the details you noted on handling improvements.
https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...1949313&page=2

Do you have LCAs installed or just the thrust arms?
I only installed the thrust arms once I lower will consider the LCA. I did notice a significant amount more vibration over the littlest bumps but worth the trade off for a much stiffer setup.