THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Eibach Pro-Kit Spings on m235i/m235xi

02-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #45
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

the drop doesn't look too drastic.
when I saw it at first from the garage when the sales rep drove it round for me to collect. I was like what's the difference? hopefully the springs will settle and drop a bit more.

but first I need to take it back to sort the rattle from the rear left side.

I bet the mechanic did that one last at the end of his shift and was rushing. or is that me being a bit judgemental?
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #46
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
when I saw it at first from the garage when the sales rep drove it round for me to collect. I was like what's the difference? hopefully the springs will settle and drop a bit more.

I bet the mechanic did that one last at the end of his shift and was rushing. or is that me being a bit judgemental?
It's kind of difficult to mess up the rear axle installation but who knows. Better have them take a look.

Last edited by x233; 02-24-2018 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2018, 04:04 AM   #47
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
Quote:

It's kind of difficult to mess up the rear axle installation but who knows. Better have them take a look.
problem solved.
it was the exhaust banging on the subframe.

so re aligned and tight it up.

thank God it wasn't the suspension.

big relief
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 1
x233284.00
      03-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #48
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep

some fitted pics.
Attached Images

M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #49
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

How do you like the ride?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #50
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep

Quote:
its no way firmer which is good, cos in the past and reading on other threads, lowering springs can make the ride a lot firmer and harder.

this is not the case with this set up. which i believe to be due to the dampers are matched to the spring rate.

had i just changed the springs with OEM dampers, it may well have been firmer.

so far, all i can say its no worse and can only get better.
i am yet to go on a proper drive to test it and the weather has been so bad here in the UK.

i am however, a little disappointed on the drop - ie not enough of a drop. i was hoping for a better stance as i am running 12 / 15mm spacers front / rear on the OEM 18" rims.

although it may save my front splitter.
M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #51
EVEda235i
Mr. Clutch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Quote:
its no way firmer which is good, cos in the past and reading on other threads, lowering springs can make the ride a lot firmer and harder.

this is not the case with this set up. which i believe to be due to the dampers are matched to the spring rate.

had i just changed the springs with OEM dampers, it may well have been firmer.

so far, all i can say its no worse and can only get better.
i am yet to go on a proper drive to test it and the weather has been so bad here in the UK.

i am however, a little disappointed on the drop - ie not enough of a drop. i was hoping for a better stance as i am running 12 / 15mm spacers front / rear on the OEM 18" rims.

although it may save my front splitter.
Setup looks great! Can you give an update on the cornering feel, car's balance, etc? Looking into a similar setup myself
      05-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #52
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Yours looks really nice.
I like how my xDrive looks on Eibachs, the rear just a tiny bit higher than the front (I wouldn't call that front rake at all, only looks right). I also think, from looking at all the pictures on H&R springs, that my Eibachs may be a bit more conservative lowering the car, just a little bit taller - my perception is only visual, though, as I don't have the actual real-world numbers on H&R vs Eibachs (but, again, I like that, after reading all the stories of the car sitting on bump stops, etc., hopefully allows a bit more of suspension travel).
any updates on how the eibachs turned out for you?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 05:13 PM   #53
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
any updates on how the eibachs turned out for you?
I've had them for over 2 years, summers and bad winters.

It's probably not the best possible setup but it's good enough. Overall, I am happy. There possibly could be better setups, in theory, but in practice my options are very limited because of a) adaptive suspension and b) xDrive.

I like the looks. The car is lower but it's not slammed. The rear is about 5 mm higher than the front when settled (and I like that).

I like how the car handles, it is playful and sharp, better turn-in, the cornering feel and the balance is good, at the same time it's more planted at high speeds, slightly heavier steering at high speeds but sufficiently light in the city traffic.

Comfort is only slightly degraded compared to the stock, a little stiffer but not uncomfortable. Feels right.

My only complaint is that I occasionally would still bottom out the front on some bad roads / potholes (I was using "dinan" bump stops).

I am currently at almost 50,000 km on them and discovered just recently that my front right shock is beginning to leak, I don't feel it yet but I noticed a small leak near the spring perch accidentally when changing wheels. The reason I was changing the wheels was because I bent the front right wheel and damaged the tire on that same wheel in a really bad pothole. So this, too, might have something to do with the damaged shock.

I've never had any performance suspension last this long on my other cars the way I sometimes abuse them and the places I sometimes have to go to. I've damaged a bunch of Bilstein, AST, and KW shocks and coilovers kits in the past in about the same conditions and none of them lasted as long anyway. So I've no complaints.

I bought a set of 4 new OEM shocks for the car and plan to use the same Eibach springs again, doing the swap this Friday. Yes, I know, I could probably get a decent KW coilover kit for about $500-1000 more but I decided to go with what I already know. If I have a spare $2500-3000 and get bored maybe I'll still try one of those (e.g., KW3) but for now I am OK with what I've got.

The only difference is this time I am going to use yet shorter/softer front bump stops (oem #31332225377) that'll hopefully give me about 10-15 mm more of the shock travel and the rear bump stops are going to be the ones from the M-perf suspension for our cars (same construction as stock but supposedly about 10 mm shorter) and see how that works.

Last edited by x233; 05-26-2018 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
baege1328.00
      08-21-2022, 03:45 AM   #54
simt
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 m235i, F10 m535i

Quote:

The only difference is this time I am going to use yet shorter/softer front bump stops (oem #31332225377) that'll hopefully give me about 10-15 mm more of the shock travel and the rear bump stops are going to be the ones from the M-perf suspension for our cars (same construction as stock but supposedly about 10 mm shorter) and see how that works.
Hey did you end up using those softer bumpstops? Did you like em?
I've got a rwd m235i with edc. I'm about to pull the plug on some Eibach springs (leaning to regular rather than the Motech ones) and also need to figure out the bumpstops. I saw your suggestion, the other one people recommend are the ones bmw use in the f8x cars ( and f22 for their own mperformance (red) lowering springs.)

-Sim
Appreciate 0