THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics HK subwoofer not working

07-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #23
jaxbmr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

2015 bmw m235i

currently having the same problem, was on a normal drive and both under seat subwoofers faded and died. i've let me car sit every night to reset and still no luck. checked fuses and everything is fine. car has reset plenty of times and still no bass. have been having this issue for about a week now. please let me know if there is something i'm missing.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 08:34 AM   #24
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbmr View Post
currently having the same problem, was on a normal drive and both under seat subwoofers faded and died. i've let me car sit every night to reset and still no luck. checked fuses and everything is fine. car has reset plenty of times and still no bass. have been having this issue for about a week now. please let me know if there is something i'm missing.
Pull one of the sub's connectors and use a digital ohm meter to check continuity in the sub's voice coil. I bet the amp is bad.
Appreciate 1
jaxbmr0.00
      08-09-2022, 04:05 PM   #25
jaxbmr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
Quote:
Pull one of the sub's connectors and use a digital ohm meter to check continuity in the sub's voice coil. I bet the amp is bad.
so if there isn't any continuity on the connector then it's a bad amp? and if there's good continuity on the connector it's a bad subwoofer?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 08:01 AM   #26
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
so if there isn't any continuity on the connector then it's a bad amp? and if there's good continuity on the connector it's a bad subwoofer?
You need to check the continuity of the woofer's voice coil. Check the impedance by placing the meter's leads on the woofer's connector pins.
Appreciate 0