THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery ‘16 M235ix Pricing

11-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
DeepBlueCoupe
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

‘16 M235ix Pricing

Hey everyone,

Let me start by apologizing if this isn’t the right place for this; my question is a little unique and I’m not sure if this is the right forum for it or not.

I’m getting ready to sell my ‘16 M235ix Coupe (~35K miles) and am having trouble figuring out how to price it. I live in the New England area, and there are VERY few comps. 2 series’ are rare enough to begin with, but when you add in xDrive, the low mileage, the packages, it being a summer-only car for me, and the fact there are no performance mods, I’m not seeing much I can compare it to for pricing.

I’m seeing similar 240’s going for ~$35K, so I was thinking maybe $30K...? But it’s been so long since I’ve been shopping for these that I have no idea. I was hoping maybe some of the fine folks here who helped me out so much a couple of years ago might be able to point me in the right direction!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
PrazVT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M240i 6mt (soon)

Have you checked the value via the kelly bluebook site? I always used the private sale value as a baseline when I sold my BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 06:34 AM   #3
aftercorbu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C, 20 S3

Here’s black book from a reliable source. Only option to pick was nav w/tech that added value. Hope this helps. Value is what someone is willing to pay for PP sale though. Still a sellers market for used cars.
Attached Images

Last edited by aftercorbu; 11-26-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
DeepBlueCoupe
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

That’s definitely a help - thanks all! I definitely looked at KBB, but then when I hopped on AutoTrader to look for comparable listings I found a whopping total of 2. And the only one that was actually close was 2500 miles away. It makes it hard to trust that you’d be getting fair value for it, you know?

Once I finish getting it prepped maybe I’ll post it here and see what the market looks like. Thanks again everyone!
Appreciate 0