THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning I'm sure it's been beat to death, can someone tell me where to find "2015 235 n55 fir

10-28-2023, 11:07 AM   #1
tn508s
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

I'm sure it's been beat to death, can someone tell me where to find "2015 235 n55 first performance mods"?

Hopefully including some brands as well, I'm new to bmw and don't know the good and bad brands
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 11:27 AM   #2
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
what are the goals for your vehicle? That will help us give you a general idea of what steps you want to take and what brands to consider.
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50
      10-28-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
tn508s
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom147 View Post
what are the goals for your vehicle? That will help us give you a general idea of what steps you want to take and what brands to consider.
It's a daily, will never be tracked. I just want to make it super quick, and sound good, not too loud. I don't know exactly what I'm aiming for as this will be my first build. Just mo powa baby. I'd also take advice on looking out for the stress spots.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 11:54 AM   #4
Dom147
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
If power is all you're going for then the build list is relatively simple, however, it's still important to be able to handle that power and put it down properly.

I assume you're interested in digs or rolls, in which case I would consider optimizing your grip by going as wide as possible in the rear which seems to be 265, not much, which is why its so important to try to get as much in there as possible. Follow this guide:
https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guide...-fitment-guide . Choosing the right tires is going to be very important when it comes to getting the right amount of grip in but it depends on your environment.

obtaining power is pretty simple and you have two big options for tuning, Bootmod3 which is what I ended up choosing, or MHD. Both are valid options with many backing up them both. No real upside in choosing one over the other from what I've gathered.

Reducing back pressure is #1 in turbo cars and it's mainly caused by the catalytic converter. Ideally you'd get a catless downpipe but if emissions is your concern then I would either completely forgo this route or buy an epa compliant high flow downpipe which can be pretty expensive. For a catless downpipe I recommend VRSF, great pricing and they get the job done. Other great brands include Evolution Raceworks and CTS. To any other forum members, if I'm missing any feel free to add more onto the list.

An intercooler is a requirement for stage 2 tune. I honestly dont knwo of any issues popping up from a "bad brand" intercooler. All of the seem to be great options.

A common stress spot for the n55 is the charge pipe which will crack under additional boost added by the tune. Replacing the OEM chargepipe with one made of aluminum is what everyone does in order to prevent any issues from popping up.

There's always more to to do to add more power but this is a relatively simple and cheap way to add a lot of power to your car.

X-ph has a combo deal that looks very enticing
https://x-ph.com/f-chassis-n55-best-...-deal-1-2-3-4/
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50
      10-28-2023, 02:11 PM   #5
tn508s
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
If power is all you're going for then the build list is relatively simple, however, it's still important to be able to handle that power and put it down properly.

I assume you're interested in digs or rolls, in which case I would consider optimizing your grip by going as wide as possible in the rear which seems to be 265, not much, which is why its so important to try to get as much in there as possible. Follow this guide:
https://apexwheels.com/fitment-guide...-fitment-guide . Choosing the right tires is going to be very important when it comes to getting the right amount of grip in but it depends on your environment.

obtaining power is pretty simple and you have two big options for tuning, Bootmod3 which is what I ended up choosing, or MHD. Both are valid options with many backing up them both. No real upside in choosing one over the other from what I've gathered.

Reducing back pressure is #1 in turbo cars and it's mainly caused by the catalytic converter. Ideally you'd get a catless downpipe but if emissions is your concern then I would either completely forgo this route or buy an epa compliant high flow downpipe which can be pretty expensive. For a catless downpipe I recommend VRSF, great pricing and they get the job done. Other great brands include Evolution Raceworks and CTS. To any other forum members, if I'm missing any feel free to add more onto the list.

An intercooler is a requirement for stage 2 tune. I honestly dont knwo of any issues popping up from a "bad brand" intercooler. All of the [...]
Thanks for all the information man.
I found a post where a guy did this and it sounded like he had some experience. I was thinking of just copying him, what do you think?

JB4 tune with Bluetooth controller
Burger Motorsport intake
Burger Motorsport chargepipe
Burger Motorsport intercooler
VRSF catless Downpipe

The car is an x drive, and the precious owner stanced it pretty good. The rim sticks out from the top of the fender a tad.

Emissions isn't an issue here.

Digs and rolls is really all I'm looking for. Just Wana show off a bit.

Kboustani was the user with the setup
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 02:26 PM   #6
tn508s
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:

An intercooler is a requirement for stage 2 tune. I honestly dont knwo of any issues popping up from a "bad brand" intercooler. All of the [...]
That's a really slick deal, just need the exhaust if I'm not mistaken. I think I might get that when I'm off work.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 12:04 AM   #7
SpencerC_6MT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M240I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn508s View Post

JB4 tune with Bluetooth controller
Burger Motorsport intake
Burger Motorsport chargepipe
Burger Motorsport intercooler
VRSF catless Downpipe
I'd suggest MHD or BootMod3 instead. JB4 is fine, but I'd personally go flash tune over piggyback. Piggyback can never be as smooth as a real tune. Also consider some fresh subframes bushings, transmission mounts, engine mounts, etc. Once you go above stock power, that old rubber starts to give.
2017 BMW M240i 6MT Slicktop | Wavetrac 3.46:1 Limited-Slip Diff - DinanTRONICS Sport Boost Controller - H&R Sport Springs - Millway Street Camber Plates - Agency Power Intake w/ Paradigm Engineering Turbo Inlet
Appreciate 2
Dom14790.50
AmuroRay2282.50
      11-17-2023, 05:39 AM   #8
SMB_M235i
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M235i

I'd suggest to go with VRSF parts since they are very reliable and cost efficient;
1-Chargepipe (Must) $219.99
2- Catless/Catted Downpipe depending on ur taste and the law in ur state. $269.99, $479.99
3-Intercooler (If you are tuning to Stage 2) $479.99 + Boost pipe
4- MHD tune $543.18
Appreciate 0