THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Amp recommendation for basic system

02-12-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
Shipy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i F23

Garage List
2015 M235I  [0.00]
Amp recommendation for basic system

Anyone added an amp to the basic non hifi system. Hifi is an option in the uk!
I have upgraded the front speakers and now looking to add the subs and an amp. But looking for a plug and play amp solution if possible.

Thks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Search is your friend! There at least 2 or 3 threads (all recent) that cover the PnP amp and subs.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 03:48 AM   #3
Grave
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 220D M-Sport

Best PNP in Europe is Alpine Hifi Retrofit.

It's come with an 6 channels amp and front speakers. It's sold directly by BMW but you need ask your dealer why this kit does'nt appear in Realoem for 235i but only for all others motors. better price in Germany but you first need to know if it fits your car

Don't know waht you use for your front doors but you could use one of the front kit to the rear.

You also could use amps as Match PP62DSP or 82DSP. With their Harness they are PNP http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...cts/amplifier/

I have one fixed under the box gloves but i discover later he could alsotake place in center console under the head unit.

I recommand to code your car to Hifi to get a flat response and not that very crapy Stereo curbe with overboosted bass (because underseats subs are only 6.3" speakers and can't give bass).

If you also have ASD sound you also need to desactivate it by coding.

Pikachu give us the soluce.

Last, change your subs.

not plug and play but best soluce if you take a pp62dsp :

http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...ofer/e-8w.html
you need spacers but as they come with Dual voice coils with an impedance of 2 x 2 Ohms it's the best for the 4*40w subs channels of the match amp : 80w by sub.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 05:05 AM   #4
Shipy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i F23

Garage List
2015 M235I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Best PNP in Europe is Alpine Hifi Retrofit.

It's come with an 6 channels amp and front speakers. It's sold directly by BMW but you need ask your dealer why this kit does'nt appear in Realoem for 235i but only for all others motors. better price in Germany but you first need to know if it fits your car

Don't know waht you use for your front doors but you could use one of the front kit to the rear.

You also could use amps as Match PP62DSP or 82DSP. With their Harness they are PNP http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...cts/amplifier/

I have one fixed under the box gloves but i discover later he could alsotake place in center console under the head unit.

I recommand to code your car to Hifi to get a flat response and not that very crapy Stereo curbe with overboosted bass (because underseats subs are only 6.3" speakers and can't give bass).

If you also have ASD sound you also need to desactivate it by coding.

Pikachu give us the soluce.

Last, change your subs.

not plug and play but best soluce if you take a pp62dsp :

http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...ofer/e-8w.html
you need spacers but as they come with Dual voice coils with an impedance of 2 x 2 Ohms it's the best for the 4*40w subs channels of the match amp : 80w by sub.
Thanks I've fitted the Eton b100w kit in the front and already coded out dsp. I wonder if hifi coding would improve sound without the amp. I presume the Fischer kit uses all the existing wiring no need for any cutting.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
Grave
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 220D M-Sport

I also got an ETON B100W in front doors.

Using Match amp, you have no wires to cut in front of your car but....

In Fxx basic sound cars, front signal goes from HU to subs, then to front doors.

For best result you need unplug actual subs, The connector has 4 wires. When deconnected there is no more signal to front doors so cut and reconnect or find a male connector that do the work.

Then you also need others wires from amp to subs

If you can code yourself, easy to test hifi/stereo. Bass and aigues are overboosted in stereo because this sound seems adapted to anemics subs ans midrange without tweeters.
For me it was in HU-NBT, Search for AUDIO_SYSTEM then Edit Stereo to HIFI
Appreciate 0