THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2023: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps (July 30)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-26-2023, 11:04 PM   #45
HFW003
Brigadier General
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
5495
Rep
3,182
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
^ I wish RIC all the best but lets remember his time at McLaren wasn't good, so if Checo gets to grips finally with the 19 he may get a stay of execution for the 20.

His time at McLaren should be expunged from his record!

Remember also, and despite of all the favouritism toward the other driver in the team, he has won their only race since 2010, he was not the problem.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 03:12 AM   #46
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
His time at McLaren should be expunged from his record!

Remember also, and despite of all the favouritism toward the other driver in the team, he has won their only race since 2010, he was not the problem.
Disagree, you can't just forget his two years at McLaren, he just couldn't cope with the same car that Norris had and there is no suggestion of favouritism.
Appreciate 3
      07-27-2023, 04:10 AM   #47
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I just see the sprintrace (Saturday) will be the wettest and overall a wet race weekend .

Too bad for Francorchamps , the track has enough troubles already with crashes without the very dangerous high speed situations in the rain.
Hopefully all drivers will have a safe race !

I hear the FIA and the SPA-race organisation will speak with drivers before the race ...

God bless Spa-Francorchamps !
Another baby being planned by Geri and Christian my friend, that's some pure Ginger Spice there
https://www.hellomagazine.com/health...tian-comments/

Last edited by M5Rick; 07-27-2023 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 3
      07-27-2023, 05:50 AM   #48
HFW003
Brigadier General
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
5495
Rep
3,182
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Disagree, you can't just forget his two years at McLaren, he just couldn't cope with the same car that Norris had and there is no suggestion of favouritism.
Id expect that from a Pom!

Favoritism was shown toward Norris in almost every race for goodness sake.

You would get a job on Sky with that sort of thinking

I suppose there was also no favouritism last weekend when they pitted Oscar second even though he was as the lead driver?

The car was designed around the wonder boy and until quite recently he has done nothing of note, simple.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 06:34 AM   #49
Jenelleg1
Registered
6
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: Mercedes
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Belgian GP this weekend

Attending the GP in Spa for the first time this weekend and taking trains all the way from London. My question is, has anyone camped with Global Tickets before, and if so which stop do we get off the bus at closest to the tracks camp grounds from the 294/395 bus.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 07:53 AM   #50
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Another baby being planned by Geri and Christian my friend, that's some pure Ginger Spice there
https://www.hellomagazine.com/health...tian-comments/
Yeah . It's such a sweet family
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 07:59 AM   #51
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelleg1 View Post
Attending the GP in Spa for the first time this weekend and taking trains all the way from London. My question is, has anyone camped with Global Tickets before, and if so which stop do we get off the bus at closest to the tracks camp grounds from the 294/395 bus.
Camp grounds ?

Well mate . Then I have bad news for you...
I wouldn't do it , because that will be mainly a mud puddle !
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 08:27 AM   #52
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
6497
Rep
10,561
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (2)

Ferrari latest
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 4
M5Rick54360.50
3798j10224.00
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 08:30 AM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Disagree, you can't just forget his two years at McLaren, he just couldn't cope with the same car that Norris had and there is no suggestion of favouritism.
The Belgian weather update from today:
Bad news my friend . It looks very bad !

Today we get non-stop rain showers , and today we get also unpredictable gusts of wind...
Today I was like 2-3 min. outside , and I was soaked by the rain !

MAX (today) : Sure it will be extremely chaotic by the rain , but I can't wait to race in the rain ...

I ? Ohhhh.... No ! Good Lord . I wouldn't do it , I don't dare to think about it at 300km/h @Eau-Rouge in the rain and in the spray .
Remember the Eau-Rouge slope is 17 % and when they drive uphill ,they can't see what's going on beyond the top of the hill ...
They are basically driving blind !!!
But I'm not MAX

Meanwhile I hear rumors like : Let's cancel the whole SPA race weekend , because the situation is just too dangerous for the drivers !
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
HFW0035495.00
      07-27-2023, 08:34 AM   #54
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Ferrari latest
Ferrari Fred should look in his own mirror , because he's even worse ...

#FerrariFredThings !
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 08:49 AM   #55
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Belgian weather update from today:
Bad news my friend . It looks very bad !

Today we get non-stop rain showers , and today we get also unpredictable gusts of wind...
Today I was like 2-3 min. outside , and I was soaked by the rain !

MAX (today) : Sure it will be extremely chaotic by the rain , but I can't wait to race in the rain ...

I ? Ohhhh.... No ! Good Lord . I wouldn't do it , I don't dare to think about it at 300km/h @Eau-Rouge in the rain and in the spray .
Remember the Eau-Rouge slope is 17 % and when they drive uphill ,they can't see what's going on beyond the top of the hill ...
They are basically driving blind !!!
But I'm not MAX
Meanwhile I hear rumors like : Let's cancel the whole SPA race weekend ,
because the situation is just too dangerous for the drivers !
I got my ear to the ground too also about those rumours, and the teams must be arriving as we speak ohh... lets hope it doesn't come to cancelation.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 08:52 AM   #56
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Camp grounds ?

Well mate . Then I have bad news for you...
I wouldn't do it , because that will be mainly a mud puddle !
Lets think 'Glastonbury' music festival in the rain with everyone in Wellington boots
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 09:07 AM   #57
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Lets think 'Glastonbury' music festival in the rain with everyone in Wellington boots
Enjoy the 2021 video @Spa-Francorchamps !

__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
beats219.00
      07-27-2023, 09:27 AM   #58
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Enjoy the 2021 video @Spa-Francorchamps !

Volvo driver at 18:36 lol
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 09:30 AM   #59
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Id expect that from a Pom!

Favoritism was shown toward Norris in almost every race for goodness sake.

You would get a job on Sky with that sort of thinking

I suppose there was also no favouritism last weekend when they pitted Oscar second even though he was as the lead driver?

The car was designed around the wonder boy and until quite recently he has done nothing of note, simple.
You can't compare Piastri's one race strat call to what was happening to RIC over two years at McLaren.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 09:31 AM   #60
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Volvo driver at 18:36 lol
Yeah the Volvo .And it looks like BMW's are bad in the mud as well at 20:00 !

When the 5H1T is real . Glad I'm not part of it ...
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 09:33 AM   #61
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Ferrari latest
We'll see how Diego Loverno gets on at the Scuderia...reporting to Fred.
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 09:35 AM   #62
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah the Volvo .And it looks like BMW's are bad in the mud as well !

When the 5H1T is real . Glad I'm not part of it ...
I gather you're not going there my friend but if you do take the smaller FWD red car
Appreciate 2
      07-27-2023, 09:36 AM   #63
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
We'll see how Diego Loverno gets on at the Scuderia...reporting to Fred.
Diego Ioverno is an 'Italian Formula 1 engineer.

I said : 'Italian !
Ohhhhh.....Boy !

__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 09:40 AM   #64
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Diego Ioverno is an 'Italian Formula 1 engineer.

I said : 'Italian !
Ohhhhh.....Boy !

The shpaghetti and vino verde 3 hour lunch breaks for Diego will probably be adjusted by Fred
Appreciate 3
      07-27-2023, 09:43 AM   #65
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
60048
Rep
23,765
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I gather you're not going there my friend but if you do take the smaller FWD red car
I don't even think about it ...

Traffic jams and bad weather are a bad combination at the SPA race weekend
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick54360.50
GuidoK9754.50
      07-27-2023, 10:00 AM   #66
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
54361
Rep
17,837
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I don't even think about it ...

Traffic jams and bad weather are a bad combination at the SPA race weekend
We will see Checo is 'back on track' now after his bad spell with the Monaco FP crash and the races after that.
https://racingnews365.com/perez-reve...-bull-pressure
Appreciate 2
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST