THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion Do I need a G80 M3 in my life? Thoughts?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-18-2023, 09:03 PM   #23
OUGrad05
Captain
459
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2010 Corvette, 2015 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
The BW interiors are much better than before. CUE is gone, there's tons of physical controls, and they have very nice leather and alcantara upholstries available. No its not German levels of luxury, but its also not a Camry. With this being a second vehicle/weekend track warrior, I would prioritize a car with a fantastic chassis over a luxury interior.

minn19 got a CT4-V BW recently, and he's had everything from M cars, AMGs, Porsches, Camaros, Mustangs, etc.

Also not sure if I missed it, but what is the issue with the new M2?
1) It's heavy, so if I'm going to have heavy why not have 4 doors?
2) I think it's pretty damn ugly/disjointed. I can live with the nose on the M3, hell I own an I4 and while I don't "like" the nose it looks better on the M3 at least.
3) If I go with a coupe I want weight savings or something special. To me the M3 is more special than the M2.
4) I love the prior gen M2 so it's still on the list if I find something I like at a price I believe is respectable.
__________________
2023 i4 eDrive40
2022 Acura MDX

Last edited by OUGrad05; 09-18-2023 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 09:56 PM   #24
R N M
Lieutenant Colonel
R N M's Avatar
3423
Rep
1,957
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Besides not liking the design of G80, I was shocked how disappointing the car felt compared to my F80 in terms of driving dynamics. Very lazy inputs and auto canít compare to DCT.

For daily driving in traffic, itís definitely more comfortable.

I would check out C8 Corvette, Mustang Dark Horse, Lexus RCF/LC500 or 911 if you have higher budget.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 10:10 PM   #25
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
770
Rep
1,557
Posts

Drives: 340ix
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Boibs

iTrader: (0)

I was going to say M2 but the G82 is the ugliest of all the M cars I would not wish that on anyone.
Appreciate 1
alex23642433.50
      09-19-2023, 05:31 AM   #26
wtwo3
Major General
wtwo3's Avatar
16271
Rep
5,265
Posts

Drives: 2023 X7 40i; 2023 M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.85]
2023 BMW X7 40i  [9.75]
I'm a bit biased here, and obviously unpopular opinion around here, but I actually think it looks incredible. It has such a road presence with its aggressive looks. And for all the internet hate it gets, I've gotten nothing but positive attention (and boy does it get a lot of attention) out on the street. When I park it, I always do a look back and can't help but snap pictures of it.

As for steering feel - there's a few things you can do to mitigate some of that. If you go with the comp model, you can get a CSL tune which improves steering response. Personally I have the 6MT model - and I ended up replacing the front control arm bushings with a monoball kit. The stock bushings are clad in rubber which gives it deflection - makes it more "comfortable" but also makes it more numb. The monoball conversion eliminates the rubber, giving you much more direct and responsive steering with more feedback as well.

Yes it weighs a lot, but it's actually one of the lightest cars in its class. C63 and RS5 are both heavier. But the important thing is it doesn't FEEL heavy when you drive it. The driving dynamics are some of the best since the E46. The S58 is a gem of a motor and gives it a very naturally aspirated feel - the power builds progressively and predictably.

The ZF transmission is excellent. Yes it lacks the drama of the DCT, but the tuning of it still makes it very impressive. And going back to the CSL tune, that livens up the shifts as well to almost a DCT level. That being said, I opted for the 6MT because I wanted that extra bit of control. Personally I'm not going out drag racing, so for me the 6MT was perfect - yet the 6MT will still push you back into your seat.

Do you need a G80 in your life? I don't know.... but I did - and it's exceeded my expectations.

Name:  first.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  528.4 KB
Name:  second.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  434.1 KB
Name:  20230702_090535 (1).jpg
Views: 128
Size:  517.3 KB
__________________
2023 BMW X7 xdrive40i
2023 BMW M3 6MT

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima

Last edited by wtwo3; 09-19-2023 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 4
MJBO1477.00
heavyD^23638.00
Needsdecaf3424.50
      09-19-2023, 07:07 AM   #27
OUGrad05
Captain
459
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2010 Corvette, 2015 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Besides not liking the design of G80, I was shocked how disappointing the car felt compared to my F80 in terms of driving dynamics. Very lazy inputs and auto canít compare to DCT.

For daily driving in traffic, itís definitely more comfortable.

I would check out C8 Corvette, Mustang Dark Horse, Lexus RCF/LC500 or 911 if you have higher budget.
That's weird to me. Did you drive them back to back and with equiv settings? The only thing that was more sluggish I felt on the G80 was the downshifting. That was marginally slow. Upshifts were fine, steering is better and the chassis is better on the G80.
__________________
2023 i4 eDrive40
2022 Acura MDX
Appreciate 1
Needsdecaf3424.50
      09-19-2023, 07:11 AM   #28
OUGrad05
Captain
459
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2010 Corvette, 2015 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm a bit biased here, and obviously unpopular opinion around here, but I actually think it looks incredible. It has such a road presence with its aggressive looks. And for all the internet hate it gets, I've gotten nothing but positive attention (and boy does it get a lot of attention) out on the street. When I park it, I always do a look back and can't help but snap pictures of it.

As for steering feel - there's a few things you can do to mitigate some of that. If you go with the comp model, you can get a CSL tune which improves steering response. Personally I have the 6MT model - and I ended up replacing the front control arm bushings with a monoball kit. The stock bushings are clad in rubber which gives it deflection - makes it more "comfortable" but also makes it more numb. The monoball conversion eliminates the rubber, giving you much more direct and responsive steering with more feedback as well.

Yes it weighs a lot, but it's actually one of the lightest cars in its class. C63 and RS5 are both heavier. But the important thing is it doesn't FEEL heavy when you drive it. The driving dynamics are some of the best since the E46. The S58 is a gem of a motor and gives it a very naturally aspirated feel - the power builds progressively and predictably.

The ZF transmission is excellent. Yes it lacks the drama of the DCT, but the tuning of it still makes it very impressive. And going back to the CSL tune, that livens up the shifts as well to almost a DCT level. That being said, I opted for the 6MT because I wanted that extra bit of control. Personally I'm not going out drag racing, so for me the 6MT was perfect - yet the 6MT will still push you back into your seat.

Do you need a G80 in your life? I don't know.... but I did - and it's exceeded my expectations.

Attachment 3280586
Attachment 3280587
Attachment 3280588
Yes your car looks amazing. Where did you get that grill insert/replacement?
I'm hoping that maybe they'll do the competition in 6MT with the LCI. Probably a long shot but I can hope.
Not sure how much bushing work I'd do while under warranty or spring work to lower the car. The steering the G80 was improved over the F80 but it's still not on the same planet as the E46 and E90.
__________________
2023 i4 eDrive40
2022 Acura MDX
Appreciate 1
wtwo316271.00
      09-19-2023, 08:03 AM   #29
heavyD^2
Colonel
heavyD^2's Avatar
Canada
3638
Rep
2,933
Posts

Drives: X3M Competition
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Too close to Santa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm a bit biased here, and obviously unpopular opinion around here, but I actually think it looks incredible. It has such a road presence with its aggressive looks. And for all the internet hate it gets, I've gotten nothing but positive attention (and boy does it get a lot of attention) out on the street. When I park it, I always do a look back and can't help but snap pictures of it.

As for steering feel - there's a few things you can do to mitigate some of that. If you go with the comp model, you can get a CSL tune which improves steering response. Personally I have the 6MT model - and I ended up replacing the front control arm bushings with a monoball kit. The stock bushings are clad in rubber which gives it deflection - makes it more "comfortable" but also makes it more numb. The monoball conversion eliminates the rubber, giving you much more direct and responsive steering with more feedback as well.

Yes it weighs a lot, but it's actually one of the lightest cars in its class. C63 and RS5 are both heavier. But the important thing is it doesn't FEEL heavy when you drive it. The driving dynamics are some of the best since the E46. The S58 is a gem of a motor and gives it a very naturally aspirated feel - the power builds progressively and predictably.

The ZF transmission is excellent. Yes it lacks the drama of the DCT, but the tuning of it still makes it very impressive. And going back to the CSL tune, that livens up the shifts as well to almost a DCT level. That being said, I opted for the 6MT because I wanted that extra bit of control. Personally I'm not going out drag racing, so for me the 6MT was perfect - yet the 6MT will still push you back into your seat.

Do you need a G80 in your life? I don't know.... but I did - and it's exceeded my expectations.

Attachment 3280586
Attachment 3280587
Attachment 3280588
Wow that's pretty stunning. Is that individual BRG?
Appreciate 1
wtwo316271.00
      09-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #30
hhkb
Lieutenant
No_Country
681
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2024 M3
Join Date: May 2023
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm a bit biased here, and obviously unpopular opinion around here, but I actually think it looks incredible. It has such a road presence with its aggressive looks. And for all the internet hate it gets, I've gotten nothing but positive attention (and boy does it get a lot of attention) out on the street. When I park it, I always do a look back and can't help but snap pictures of it.

As for steering feel - there's a few things you can do to mitigate some of that. If you go with the comp model, you can get a CSL tune which improves steering response. Personally I have the 6MT model - and I ended up replacing the front control arm bushings with a monoball kit. The stock bushings are clad in rubber which gives it deflection - makes it more "comfortable" but also makes it more numb. The monoball conversion eliminates the rubber, giving you much more direct and responsive steering with more feedback as well.

Yes it weighs a lot, but it's actually one of the lightest cars in its class. C63 and RS5 are both heavier. But the important thing is it doesn't FEEL heavy when you drive it. The driving dynamics are some of the best since the E46. The S58 is a gem of a motor and gives it a very naturally aspirated feel - the power builds progressively and predictably.

The ZF transmission is excellent. Yes it lacks the drama of the DCT, but the tuning of it still makes it very impressive. And going back to the CSL tune, that livens up the shifts as well to almost a DCT level. That being said, I opted for the 6MT because I wanted that extra bit of control. [...]
Fully agreed with everything you said! I also have a 6MT G80. The car has received nothing but praise from strangers. The road presence is undeniable. I was at the track this past weekend and so many people came over to check out the car and I had so many great conversations.
__________________
2024 BMW M3, 6MT, Alpine White
Appreciate 1
wtwo316271.00
      09-19-2023, 09:05 AM   #31
wtwo3
Major General
wtwo3's Avatar
16271
Rep
5,265
Posts

Drives: 2023 X7 40i; 2023 M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.85]
2023 BMW X7 40i  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Yes your car looks amazing. Where did you get that grill insert/replacement?
I'm hoping that maybe they'll do the competition in 6MT with the LCI. Probably a long shot but I can hope.
Not sure how much bushing work I'd do while under warranty or spring work to lower the car. The steering the G80 was improved over the F80 but it's still not on the same planet as the E46 and E90.
These are the mods I've done:

35% tint all around inc. windshield
V3 Grill from NW Carbonhaus
V style front lip from NW Carbonhaus
Silicone Front mount intake system from NW Carbonhaus
High Kick Spoiler from NW Carbonhaus
Twin Fin Air Ducts from R44 Performance
Front Monoball Conversion from EAS
H&R Sport Springs from EAS

I didn't plan on doing these mods, but 1) you go to some of these Cars & Coffee events/meets and see other mods that look nice and you get the itch and 2) there's a HUGE and still developing aftermarket for the G8X platform.

Light bushing work or lowering on springs shouldn't have any impact on your warranty unless they claim that's the reason for whatever problems you might be having. Outside of an intake however, I haven't done any tuning mods - as that would certainly void the warranty.
__________________
2023 BMW X7 xdrive40i
2023 BMW M3 6MT

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
OUGrad05458.50
      09-19-2023, 09:06 AM   #32
wtwo3
Major General
wtwo3's Avatar
16271
Rep
5,265
Posts

Drives: 2023 X7 40i; 2023 M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.85]
2023 BMW X7 40i  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Wow that's pretty stunning. Is that individual BRG?
Thanks! It's actually Oxford Green. Looks similar to BRG on an overcast day but when the sun's out it's quite different. It's also metallic vs. BRG which is flat.

Name:  20230727_102505 (1).jpg
Views: 112
Size:  636.7 KB
__________________
2023 BMW X7 xdrive40i
2023 BMW M3 6MT

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima

Last edited by wtwo3; 09-19-2023 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 2
OUGrad05458.50
heavyD^23638.00
      09-19-2023, 09:09 AM   #33
wtwo3
Major General
wtwo3's Avatar
16271
Rep
5,265
Posts

Drives: 2023 X7 40i; 2023 M3
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [9.85]
2023 BMW X7 40i  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhkb View Post
Fully agreed with everything you said! I also have a 6MT G80. The car has received nothing but praise from strangers. The road presence is undeniable. I was at the track this past weekend and so many people came over to check out the car and I had so many great conversations.
Yeah it's funny really - I used to make fun of people claiming the G8X got lots of positive attention, saying things like, "calm down, it's not a ferrari". Up until the moment I took delivery of mine. I ate my words - the positive attention happens often and I'm still surprised every time.
__________________
2023 BMW X7 xdrive40i
2023 BMW M3 6MT

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 09:22 AM   #34
hhkb
Lieutenant
No_Country
681
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: 2024 M3
Join Date: May 2023
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Yeah it's funny really - I used to make fun of people claiming the G8X got lots of positive attention, saying things like, "calm down, it's not a ferrari". Up until the moment I took delivery of mine. I ate my words - the positive attention happens often and I'm still surprised every time.
There were some kids at the track that ran over and were so curious about the car. I let them poke around and let them press the start button while I clutched in. Think we have some new BMW fans!
__________________
2024 BMW M3, 6MT, Alpine White
Appreciate 1
wtwo316271.00
      09-19-2023, 02:22 PM   #35
Needsdecaf
Brigadier General
Needsdecaf's Avatar
3425
Rep
4,989
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Do I need a G80 M3 in my life? Thoughts?

Get glasses
Super original thought. Thanks for the valuable contribution.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Hello bimmerpost. Currently I'm really enjoying my i4 as my DD. That is not going away. However, I'm on the hunt for a weekend car. My original plan was to buy a new M2 Comp when they arrived. However, the car I just not doing it for me.

This is going to be a weekend/fun/occasional track car. After BMW royally fucked the new M2 I turned my eyes to Porsche. Maybe a Cayman GT4 or a 911 GTS or 911 Carrera S? The 911's would be used, not new, the Cayman I could go new if I could find a dealer to give me an allocation but that's easier said than done right now. Our local dealer isn't even taking anymore allocations due to fear of not being able to fill current allocation before production stops.

Like most car folks there's a few cars that have been seared into my brain and will continue to be there for the rest of my life. I'm also a bit of a BMW fan boy although the last 10-15 years in many respects they've lost their way which is hugely disappointing. BUT.....their M cars are still generally really good to great in their respective classes.

A few cars that I have adored since I was a teenager...
E34 5 series, including the M5
E36 M3 Sedan
E46 3 series (the M3 yes but I love sporty sedans when given the option)
E39 M5

It feels to me like the G80 is the spiritual successor to the E39 M5. Don't laugh me out of the room...or at least if you do, give me your rationale.

The G80 is similar in weight, makes more power, has better overall driving dynamics (but the steering is blah in terms of feedback), is similar in size if not a bit larger inside. Being 6'6 I do appreciate the room inside the current generation 3 series, it's bigger than my F30 by a fair margin especially for those who wind up sitting behind me. It seems like there is an extra inch of legroom back there.

While I don't like the grill, I've at least gotten used to it and a euro style front plate helps break up the shit BMW reeked on the nose of the car. From every other angle it's an absolute looker IMO.

I also believe the S58 has proven to be extremely reliable as has the ZF8. So it seems like it's going to be a good car for weekend/fun work and track work. The G80 brings several distinct pro's/con's versus anything from Porsche world.
-Heavy at nearly 3900lbs
-Not a true sports
-Upgraded seats suck
-Steering feedback is blah
-Big for a weekender (this is also a pro since I can get the wife/kids in it easily it'll get more use)
-Manual only available in base trim

+Excellent engine
+Great size for around town stuff with the family/date night with wife
+Consumables cheaper than Porsche
+Looks great from every angle but the front
+Really good on track
+Can buy new

I'd likely get an LCI competition. My hope is they'll bring back Santorini or Laguna Seca Blue.

Tell me I'm crazy, tell me this makes sense, ask me questions...give me your thoughts.
Dude, are you me? I feel like that Spiderman meme right now. When you said "spiritual successor to the E39 M5", I knew we were on the same page.

I just asked this same question recently:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2025278

I just sold my 997.2 Turbo S and have a G80 xDrive Comp on order. I've had a 911 as my "weekend car" for 6 years but realized....I don't really want a weekend car, I want one car that does it all. But even for a weekend car, the 911 is more compromised than I want. Why? Because all the good driving roads where I live are at least 90 minutes away. So just taking the car out for a spin on the weekend means driving it in traffic, on straight roads, on boring flat roads.

Now, if I had lived where I am originally from in the Hudson Valley of NY would I have done it? Maybe not. Back there, driving roads are at the end of the block. BUT I as a larger guy myself (6'2") with a 16 year old who is 6'4, a 5'11 wife and a growing 5'4" teenage girl.....we don't all fit in a 911. And I wanted to be able to use my "fun" car with everyone. Date nights...my wife liked them but man the 997 is LOUD on concrete roads and by the time I would drive to downtown Houston and back....well....you feel a little beat up. That's ok when you're doing a driving day with the fellas. But on date night? Meh...not so fun.


So no, you're not crazy. I just drove my first i4...M50i at the Ultimate Driving Experience this weekend. Having owned two Model 3's, and hearing the i4 being a "Model 3 built by BMW" I agree. Very good car, but still missing the emotion factor that EV's lack (even the good ones like Taycans).

So yes, I'd say definitely go for a G80. You won't regret it.
Appreciate 2
wtwo316271.00
OUGrad05458.50
      09-19-2023, 08:54 PM   #36
iceRN09
Lieutenant
iceRN09's Avatar
United_States
236
Rep
578
Posts

Drives: M340i Xdrive, X5 M50i
Join Date: May 2020
Location: North East USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Hello bimmerpost. Currently I'm really enjoying my i4 as my DD. That is not going away. However, I'm on the hunt for a weekend car. My original plan was to buy a new M2 Comp when they arrived. However, the car I just not doing it for me.

This is going to be a weekend/fun/occasional track car. After BMW royally fucked the new M2 I turned my eyes to Porsche. Maybe a Cayman GT4 or a 911 GTS or 911 Carrera S? The 911's would be used, not new, the Cayman I could go new if I could find a dealer to give me an allocation but that's easier said than done right now. Our local dealer isn't even taking anymore allocations due to fear of not being able to fill current allocation before production stops.

Like most car folks there's a few cars that have been seared into my brain and will continue to be there for the rest of my life. I'm also a bit of a BMW fan boy although the last 10-15 years in many respects they've lost their way which is hugely disappointing. BUT.....their M cars are still generally really good to great in their respective classes.

A few cars that I have adored since I was a teenager...
E34 5 series, including the M5
E36 M3 Sedan
E46 3 series (the M3 yes but I love sporty sedans when given the option)
E39 M5

It feels to me like the G80 is the spiritual successor to the E39 M5. Don't laugh me out of the room...or at least if you do, give me your rationale.

The G80 is similar in weight, makes more power, has better overall driving dynamics (but the steering is blah in terms of feedback), is similar in size if not a bit larger inside. Being 6'6 I do appreciate the room inside the current generation 3 series, it's bigger than my F30 by a fair margin especially for those who wind up sitting behind me. It seems like there is an extra inch of legroom back there.

While I don't like the grill, I've at least gotten used to it and a euro style front plate helps break up the shit BMW reeked on the nose of the car. From every other angle it's an absolute looker IMO.

I also believe the S58 has proven to be extremely reliable as has the ZF8. So it seems like it's going to be a good car for weekend/fun work and track work. The G80 brings several distinct pro's/con's versus anything from Porsche world.
-Heavy at nearly 3900lbs
-Not a true sports
-Upgraded seats suck
-Steering feedback is blah
-Big for a weekender (this is also a pro since I can get the wife/kids in it easily it'll get more use)
-Manual only available in base trim

+Excellent engine
+Great size for around town stuff with the family/date night with wife
+Consumables cheaper than Porsche
+Looks great from every angle but the front
+Really good on track
+Can buy new

I'd likely get an LCI competition. My hope is they'll bring back Santorini or Laguna Seca Blue.

Tell me I'm crazy, tell me this makes sense, ask me questions...give me your thoughts.
Forget about the Porsche's. I was looking for the same GT4 allocation. 30K over MSRP before. Now no more Cayman Allocations at all. I was just at the dealer yesterday. They have a GT4 RS. 217k MsRP. They were asking for 75K ADM. So I am currently looking at an M4 manual. Not a fan of the looks but not a lot of Manual cars put there. Used GT4 still comes in at 150k. Lotus Emira is still 2 yrs away from arriving in the US. The thing with G80 and G82 is to not accentuate the grill by picking dark colors. Go light on it and it stands out horribly. I am looking at a Frozen Deep Gray color with Fiona Red full interior.

Last edited by iceRN09; 09-19-2023 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 09:21 PM   #37
OUGrad05
Captain
459
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2010 Corvette, 2015 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceRN09 View Post
Forget about the Porsche's. I was looking for the same GT4 allocation. 30K over MSRP before. Now no more Cayman Allocations at all. I was just at the dealer yesterday. They have a GT4 RS. 217k MsRP. They were asking for 75K ADM. So I am currently looking at an M4 manual. Not a fan of the looks but not a lot of Manual cars put there. Used GT4 still comes in at 150k. Lotus Emira is still 2 yrs away from arriving in the US. The thing with G80 and G82 is to not accentuate the grill by picking dark colors. Go light on it and it stands out horribly. I am looking at a Frozen Deep Gray color with Fiona Red full interior.
I'm hoping post LCI for another couple blue options. Would also like to see the 6MT on the competition...although then my wife won't drive it :/
__________________
2023 i4 eDrive40
2022 Acura MDX
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 10:09 PM   #38
jmg
Lieutenant General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
17979
Rep
13,900
Posts

Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive, i3 LCI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.80]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.75]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
I was a convert. Two F80's (M3 and M3 CS) and I decided to get a G82. It's not a G80, but they drive the same, so here's the cliff notes: It's faster, handles better, steers sharper, has a stiffer chassis, it's hides its weight but not completely, it's still numb steering like the F80, it has more linear classic M3 delivery, and easier to drift or throttle steer, and it's nicer to sit in. I happen to think it's polarizing looks is more interesting.

Speaking of the looks, I get way more compliments in the G82 than I did in the F80 M3 CS. Sure, I also got some negative comments, especially online, but like I've said in another thread, I just give some of those those people a ride along at the track and turn those frowns upside down.

Forget dark colors to hide the grill. Alpine White to offend the eyes of the haters!

Obligatory pics:



__________________

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous ē 2018 F80 ///M3 CS ē 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 3
wtwo316271.00
OUGrad05458.50
heavyD^23638.00
      09-20-2023, 11:46 AM   #39
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
snareman's Avatar
United_States
8492
Rep
7,367
Posts

Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceRN09 View Post
Forget about the Porsche's. I was looking for the same GT4 allocation. 30K over MSRP before. Now no more Cayman Allocations at all. I was just at the dealer yesterday. They have a GT4 RS. 217k MsRP. They were asking for 75K ADM. So I am currently looking at an M4 manual. Not a fan of the looks but not a lot of Manual cars put there. Used GT4 still comes in at 150k. Lotus Emira is still 2 yrs away from arriving in the US. The thing with G80 and G82 is to not accentuate the grill by picking dark colors. Go light on it and it stands out horribly. I am looking at a Frozen Deep Gray color with Fiona Red full interior.
These are concessions I didn't think I should have to make. I thought the car would grow on me, but alas, no luck there.

The Porsche ADM thing seems to be regional. I'm on the S and GTS lists at my local dealer in Ohio with no deposit fee or ADM.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Current: 2023 Santorini Blue ///M8 ||| 2023 X3 M40
Retired:
2021 Enzian Blue ///M4 ||| 2018 ///M4 ||| 2017 ///M4 ||| 2014 435i ||| 2009 335i Coupe ||| 2007 335i Coupe
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST