THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Nurburgring experience

04-05-2016, 12:25 AM   #1
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

Nurburgring experience

So I came to Germany TDY and this past Sunday I took my M235i to the ring. I thought I'd share my experience. I showed up around 5 pm and got parked to get my lap ticket (which was 29 euro). Stretched a bit as I just drove an hour and a half to get there. Then as I'm about to get on the ring, they closed the track, apparently someone had crashed and they had to clear it up. Turns out it was an E46 M3 that had crashed. At the time, the weather was beautiful, but in the 45 minutes it took to clear up the crash it started to rain. I had new MPSS tires on so I wasn't too worried about the rain. At 5:45 I finally made my way onto the track. WOW! What an experience. It was even more fun that I imagined it to be. I was timid as it was my first time on the ring and I haven't done much track driving prior to this. I ran the ring in about 11 minutes of drifting goodness. The rain allowed just enough slide to have fun andthe traction control kept me safe at the same time. I passed a few cars with ease thanks to the active 8 tune, but at the same time I was passed by cars that I knew I was faster than. The thing is, some people in less expensive cars don't really care if they wreck, so they go balls to the wall around every turn and are just fearless, plus I'm sure they had lots more experience than me. The area is amazing, and as you get into the area and the track itself there's amazing cars everywhere. Audi R8, Ferrari 458, GT-R's, Z06's, even saw two Porsche GT3RS's. TONS of other 911's and M3/4's. Overall an awesome experience that I recommend to everyone.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #2
M235iguy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

Wow! how lucky! Im sure the cheaper cars dont care as much. I'd be spirited driving myself and afraid to go all out. What an experience. Glad you enjoyed it.
      04-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
15GT-TO-M235
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235

awesome, thanks for sharing, would love to do it before I can't.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 05:50 AM   #4
usafmike
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 On Order (Aug Delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
So I came to Germany TDY and this past Sunday I took my M235i to the ring. I thought I'd share my experience. I showed up around 5 pm and got parked to get my lap ticket (which was 29 euro). Stretched a bit as I just drove an hour and a half to get there. Then as I'm about to get on the ring, they closed the track, apparently someone had crashed and they had to clear it up. Turns out it was an E46 M3 that had crashed. At the time, the weather was beautiful, but in the 45 minutes it took to clear up the crash it started to rain. I had new MPSS tires on so I wasn't too worried about the rain. At 5:45 I finally made my way onto the track. WOW! What an experience. It was even more fun that I imagined it to be. I was timid as it was my first time on the ring and I haven't done much track driving prior to this. I ran the ring in about 11 minutes of drifting goodness. The rain allowed just enough slide to have fun andthe traction control kept me safe at the same time. I passed a few cars with ease thanks to the active 8 tune, but at the same time I was passed by cars that I knew I was faster than. The thing is, some people in less expensive cars don't really care if they wreck, so they go balls to the wall around every turn and are just fearless, plus I'm sure they had lots more experience than me. The area is amazing, and as you get into the area and the track itself there's amazing cars everywhere. Audi R8, Ferrari 458, GT-R's, Z06's, even saw two Porsche GT3RS's. TONS of other 911's and M3/4's. Overall an awesome experience that I recommend to everyone.
I was there a few weeks ago and had a blast. It happened to be a sunny day and there were many awesome cars on the track. The thing I noticed is people in the fast cars (GT3's, R8's, M4's etc.)love to get really close to you before they go around. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait to go back.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Glad you enjoyed it, must be super fun to drive on this track
Appreciate 0