THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Are Tunes Removed Detectable Via BMW Service (JB4/BMS/RaceChip)

03-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #45
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
Well some people believe these tunes are undetectable once taken out so they buy it thinking theyll be covered if anything goes wrong once they pull it out?

BMW don't care until something goes wrong you're the one out of pocket, sure most people would try have anything under warranty replaceable replaced without having to pay for it i mean if its in the thousands i don't know many people that would just be like hey guys no need to cover it... I'll just pay for it, the car was tuned and its all my fault?
whether it is detectable or not cannot be proven ... As you can see from this thread and all the ones like it , it is all speculation. People who say they can detect tunes cannot even show one single incident where they caught a piggy after it was removed

As for your next statement, proven by tens of thousands of tuned cardsif not more ... Tuning is very safe and the odds of failure is as little as getting a failure on a stock car ... odds are even smaller that dealership will catch you after removing the tune.
With these kinds of odds, if someone is worried about getting in trouble, tuning is not for them and they should enjoy the car in stock form

Phone number 702-494-9435

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 06-02-2016 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50