THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications DIY Guide M235i M-Performance Diffuser install with stock exhaust (requires cutting)

05-02-2017, 01:48 PM   #23
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Any way to do this and keep it completely reversible (without cutting any pipes) for a lease?
You could just cut the alignment posts off. Wont have quite the same range of adjustment pushing the tips back. The described method is how the dealership would do it anyway. They cut the exhaust too. BMW parts and methods - don't see it being a lease issue
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #24
sds0918
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235 2015

I know I'm late to this party... but I was thinking of getting a Carbon Fiber rear diffuser or the m performance one for my m235... I don't believe mine has the performance exhaust unless it was standard for the m235 models. Does that mean these diffusers will not work or look dumb without extending the exhaust tips?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 07:12 PM   #25
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds0918 View Post
I know I'm late to this party... but I was thinking of getting a Carbon Fiber rear diffuser or the m performance one for my m235... I don't believe mine has the performance exhaust unless it was standard for the m235 models. Does that mean these diffusers will not work or look dumb without extending the exhaust tips?
I have the M performance diffuser and the stock exhaust. I actually bought a set of the pipe extenders because I was worried about the sunken look, but it's been a year and I've gotten used to it so I never ended up using the pipe extenders. I actually just put them up in the classifieds section for sale if you are interested: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1554301
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 05:31 AM   #26
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

hey all sorry i'm dredging this up from the depths of the forum. but i saw boosted autos' video and read through this thread, it seems as though if i'm okay with the tips being a little recessed that i can simply fit the diffuser on without having to meddle with the muffler or cut any of the pipes as per the OP? Although i'm not sure if that's stock or m perf exhaust in the instructional video by BA. I'm usually not very handy, and had my front splitter professionally installed, but wanted to save some $$ this time around. Can someone confirm if that is indeed the case?
Appreciate 0