THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Post Your M240i Dyno Here!!!

06-26-2019, 04:26 AM   #67
greg21040
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldeagleman View Post
Did you notice any power increase with the CAI? I am debating getting one and am wondering what the power increase was. I know they say 13 whp, but I don't know if anyone has seen that on their own cars.
I can't say that I "felt" a difference and I didn't run the car at the track stock.
I started with the Agency Power and you can really hear the turbo!
I changed to Dinan because I felt like in the heat (and under hood heat) the Dinan would be better because it's sealed.
You can't hear the turbo like with the Agency Power.
I've run the car a few times since but with it being different days I can't tell which adds more power.
      06-26-2019, 10:20 AM   #68
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg21040 View Post
I can't say that I "felt" a difference and I didn't run the car at the track stock.
I changed to Dinan because I felt like in the heat (and under hood heat) the Dinan would be better because it's sealed.
I've run the car a few times since but with it being different days I can't tell which adds more power.
So would you say the intake is worth adding for power? I was looking at the Dinan or injen ones as they seem more sealed off like you said. I don't really care for the excessive sounds that the AP intake makes.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #69
greg21040
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So would you say the intake is worth adding for power? I was looking at the Dinan or injen ones as they seem more sealed off like you said. I don't really care for the excessive sounds that the AP intake makes.
I'd definitely go with a CAI. There's no doubt they out perform stock.
      06-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #70
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alright, I'll definitely get one for mine then. Out of curiosity, how have you fared vs Mustang GTs. I feel like we should be able to take them, but I was wondering if you have lined up vs them and how you did.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 11:10 AM   #71
greg21040
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Alright, I'll definitely get one for mine then. Out of curiosity, how have you fared vs Mustang GTs. I feel like we should be able to take them, but I was wondering if you have lined up vs them and how you did.
I've lined up with a few and hurt them! I see them at the track running low 12s.
One still with the temp tag rolled up along me one day on the street. 1st about 30mph roll and I instantly put two cars on him before we had to let off. Then about 50mph roll (I thought he'd pull me on the top end) I pulled about a full car and slowly pulled on him until having to let off. I thought he'd at least walk me, but he didn't.
He had an auto, too, so it's not like he messed up shifting.
I run 11.70 consistently and have run a handful of 11.50s. That was with my Dinan Stage 1...before my Stage 2 tune.
      06-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #72
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've lined up with a few and hurt them! I see them at the track running low 12s.
One still with the temp tag rolled up along me one day on the street. 1st about 30mph roll and I instantly put two cars on him before we had to let off. Then about 50mph roll (I thought he'd pull me on the top end) I pulled about a full car and slowly pulled on him until having to let off. I thought he'd at least walk me, but he didn't.
I run 11.70 consistently and have run a handful of 11.50s. That was with my Dinan Stage 1...before my Stage 2 tune.
So how do you think I would fare with intake, catless DP, and JB4 (my setup + intake)? I haven't been to the drag strip yet. Also, I am thinking about running the MHD backend flash. My question is if you think the BEF will add more power and how do you think your MP stage 2 compares to JB4 and how it compares to JB4/MHD BEF. From what I've seen most flashes seem to show similar numbers, but I don't know how much of a real world difference there might be.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #73
greg21040
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So how do you think I would fare with intake, catless DP, and JB4 (my setup + intake)? I haven't been to the drag strip yet. Also, I am thinking about running the MHD backend flash. My question is if you think the BEF will add more power and how do you think your MP stage 2 compares to JB4 and how it compares to JB4/MHD BEF. From what I've seen most flashes seem to show similar numbers, but I don't know how much of a real world difference there might be.
I had a JB4 and it was a little less powerful than my Dinan, but I didn't know what the BEF would do.
A few weeks ago I emailed BMS and asked about them. He told me in an email that they were putting down 460whp!
I don't know if they have cold start delete, which was a selling point for me.
I'll look for the email and screenshot it on here.
Attached Images

06-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #74
baldeagleman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I had a JB4 and it was a little less powerful than my Dinan, but I didn't know what the BEF would do.
A few weeks ago I emailed BMS and asked about them. He told me in an email that they were putting down 460whp!
And that 460whp was without meth? I don't really want to do a meth install. What map were you running with the JB4/how much boost? And to follow up on that how much boost are you running on the MP stage 2? If JB4 + MHD BEF is pulling 460whp I guess that is what I should be doing.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 11:41 AM   #75
greg21040
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And that 460whp was without meth? I don't really want to do a meth install. What map were you running with the JB4/how much boost? And to follow up on that how much boost are you running on the MP stage 2? If JB4 + MHD BEF is pulling 460whp I guess that is what I should be doing.
I did logs with Map 3 and Map 5 and BMS said Map 3's logs looked better so I stayed on 3. Idk how much boost MP Stage 2 runs.
I love my tune but it's hard to pass up those numbers of the JB4 and BEF.