THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics ACP & iDrive Questions

06-15-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
MerlinMc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

ACP & iDrive Questions

I recently took delivery of a new 2020 M240i after owning a 2016 M235i. The new vehicle has the premium package with BMW Nav and Apple Car Play (ACP). As part of the delivery, I did meet with the genius to orient me to the new car.

The iDrive in the new car is certainly an improvement over the M235i. I have a couple of questions into the genius via email, which have not been answered. The purpose of this post is to see if anyone might have advice or suggestions.

Objective: Most of the time, I would like to have Waze running in the left “window” of the screen and either the radio or USB running in the right window. I would also like to be able to switch between the radio and USB without "disturbing" (i.e. interrupting) the ACP, like Waze, processes running.

It takes several cycles of initiating the USB and then initiating ACP. The first time ACP is initiated, the right window accesses my iPhone's music via BT, which I don’t want. After repeating the sequence another time of two, I finally have what I want – ACP on the left side of the screen and USB or radio on the right. Have also done this sequence in reverse which also usually requires at least two “cycles.”

Is there a way to more efficiently and directly get to what I want without having to repeat the sequence? I have ACP, radio presets and USB assigned to keys, but the sequence I described is still necessary to get the configuration desired.

I would also like to switch between the radio and USB in the right screen without going through the sequence described above. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks very much for any thoughts on this.
Appreciate 0