THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Shockware re-review

08-11-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E34 | MX5

Shockware re-review

Haven’t seen any recent updates from people running this. Still worth it on its own, sans springs/bumps? Any issues or glitches with it long term?

These Dinan mods are getting older so just checking in before pulling the trigger. My shop quoted me $300 including installation.
      08-31-2020, 09:40 AM   #2
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Update: Put a ton of miles on the car recently with Dinan Shockware installed. No Dinan springs.

As I first drove away from the shop, I didn’t think there was much immediately perceivable difference. Especially in Sport +, which I drive 90% of the time in. However, not even two-minutes later, I was laughing as I took the hairpin on-ramp to the highway in third.

Where this modification shines is in cornering. It is unbelievable that these stock adaptive dampers are able to hold the car so flat through a corner. Why wouldn’t BMW tune these to their proper potential in a marketed “track handling package?”

I never get the tires to bark on public roads... except for once or twice now. I’m not used to such little body-roll and I imagine that if I paired this setup with the Dinan Springs, it would be even more dialed in, but IMO, it’s not necessary and many will be happy to keep the stock ride height and shred.

Best $300 I’ve spent on the car.
      08-31-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
Update: Put a ton of miles on the car recently with Dinan Shockware installed. No Dinan springs.

As I first drove away from the shop, I didn’t think there was much immediately perceivable difference. Especially in Sport +, which I drive 90% of the time in. However, not even two-minutes later, I was laughing as I took the hairpin on-ramp to the highway in third.

Where this modification shines is in cornering. It is unbelievable that these stock adaptive dampers are able to hold the car so flat through a corner. Why wouldn’t BMW tune these to their proper potential in a marketed “track handling package?”

I never get the tires to bark on public roads... except for once or twice now. I’m not used to such little body-roll and I imagine that if I paired this setup with the Dinan Springs, it would be even more dialed in, but IMO, it’s not necessary and many will be happy to keep the stock ride height and shred.

Best $300 I’ve spent on the car.
Sounds like a great product!

I'd for sure get it if Dinan didn't modify the Comfort profile. I want my dual-personality adaptive suspension that lets me cruise at 80mph singing along to music without bumping the air out of my lungs
      08-31-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
PeanuKeeyes
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post

I'd for sure get it if Dinan didn't modify the Comfort profile. I want my dual-personality adaptive suspension that lets me cruise at 80mph singing along to music without bumping the air out of my lungs
The comfort profile changed very little from what I can tell. I drove ~ 200 miles over the weekend, almost half of that was spent in comfort mode and it seemed to drive about the same in a straight line as before the upgrade. Only change is when you go for a turn and it stiffens up a bit but it is far from kidney jarring and you should still be able to keep up with Paul Potts on a bumpy road.
      08-31-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanuKeeyes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post

The comfort profile changed very little from what I can tell. I drove ~ 200 miles over the weekend, almost half of that was spent in comfort mode and it seemed to drive about the same in a straight line as before the upgrade. Only change is when you go for a turn and it stiffens up a bit but it is far from kidney jarring and you should still be able to keep up with Paul Potts on a bumpy road.
Dinan's official press release states it replaces comfort with sport, then replaces sport with Dinan's custom profile. Great for some people, but not exactly what I'm looking for.