THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Installed 12" Subwoofer for my M240i

07-22-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Installed 12" Subwoofer for my M240i

Added 12" powered JL subwoofer. Fits well and hits well and leaves a reasonable amount of trunk space. Locating the bass knob is always a struggle for me. I didn't want to drill into any of the plastics, so I took a different approach than in the past. There was velcro (the "loop" side) on my seatbelt receptacles and that gave me the idea of just adding Velcro ("hook" side) to the bass knob housing and tacking it to the seatbelt receptacle. I added a bit of felt tape to the rest of the bass knob housing to avoid scratching the center column plastic. Overall pleased. Easily removed for track days.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-22-2020, 07:40 PM   #2
TheSniper
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Very nice!

Dinan Stage 4 Tune (Big turbo, exhaust, intercooler, etc)

Dinan lowering springs, bump stops, front and rear sway bars.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
BeautyInMotionF22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E36,E92,F22

That's a good idea with the velcro!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #4
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

The most important post-installation thing to do was tack-down the child seat safety latch covers on the rear deck. Those things make a racket with just a wee bit of bass. I had them jumping up and down whence I played a bit of "contemporary urban music" at a slightly elevated volume.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 08:58 PM   #5
donnyfontaine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Added 12" powered JL subwoofer. Fits well and hits well and leaves a reasonable amount of trunk space. Locating the bass knob is always a struggle for me. I didn't want to drill into any of the plastics, so I took a different approach than in the past. There was velcro (the "loop" side) on my seatbelt receptacles and that gave me the idea of just adding Velcro ("hook" side) to the bass knob housing and tacking it to the seatbelt receptacle. I added a bit of felt tape to the rest of the bass knob housing to avoid scratching the center column plastic. Overall pleased. Easily removed for track days.
Lol 2 years late to the party and im sure the car/sub is gone now, but how did this sound? Any regrets? I have the same sub from a previous install and am on the fence about using it in my 240 or if I should go for some of the meh options for upgrading factory 8” subs
Appreciate 0