THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Exhaust Options for M Performance Diffuser

02-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Exhaust Options for M Performance Diffuser

Hey guys,

Been searching for a bit and figured it would be nice to have a dedicated thread about exhaust fitment with the M Performance Diffuser. Most seem to be sunken in. Please post pics if you have examples that stick out at least a little bit.

I have a catted Evolution Racewerks downpipe with the M Performance Exhaust. Looking for a bit more volume, because I cant hear the exhaust on track

It seems all the options I am interested in don't have conclusive details on fitment with the M Performance Diffuser or simply don't offer compatability. What I have identified so far have specific fitment options for the M Performance Diffuser:

1. Fabspeed Muffler Bypass System
2. Dinan Free Flow

Will add more as I find them.

Looking for people with first hand fitment experience.

Last edited by kthor703; 02-15-2019 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Dinan. Yes the tip is a little off, it's been adjusted. The angle made it look worse than it was too. It sits essentially flush with the cut outs. I wouldn't quite call it sunken. I think it keeps the shape of the bumper uniform without sticking out past more than maybe a half inch
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
shadowfax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Remus looks to be about the same fit as Dinan.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Dinan. Yes the tip is a little off, it's been adjusted. The angle made it look worse than it was too. It sits essentially flush with the cut outs. I wouldn't quite call it sunken. I think it keeps the shape of the bumper uniform without sticking out past more than maybe a half inch
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Might be obvious, but you ordered the M Performance diffuser version correct?

Also, what is your set up? Stock/catted/cat less downpipe, resonator/resonator delete and axle back?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
Remus looks to be about the same fit as Dinan.
Awesome, I'm considering Remus. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #6
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Might be obvious, but you ordered the M Performance diffuser version correct?

Also, what is your set up? Stock/catted/cat less downpipe, resonator/resonator delete and axle back?
Yea it's the factory Mperf diffuser. I think I bought it off of "suncoast" Bmw? The one that posts for quotes all the time in the classifieds section. They really have about the best rates on everything oem. Other than that it's only The Dinan freeflow exhaust. It sounds amazing on the 230. Slight burbles when letting off the gas at low rpm and a deep rumble at idle. A low pitch loud but not obnoxious hum as it runs through the range. I'm considering adding the mid pipe as well but I'm concerned it will be too loud at that point.

A lot of people I have seen just get the midpipe and leave the stock exhaust since the mid pipe gives you the power benefits unlike the exhaust and still increases the volume to an appropriate level.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
shadowfax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
Awesome, I'm considering Remus. Thanks for sharing!
Some other angles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0