THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Focal Speaker Question

04-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
VPB74
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Garage List
Focal Speaker Question

I'm replacing the HIFI amp with a Bimmertech amp. If I go with the Focal IFBMW-C speakers in the doors, what is a good speaker to use on the rear deck? Also, should l replace the stock sub with the IFBMW-subs? This set up will be a bit more than the Bavsound Stage 1 and Ghost subs, is it worth it?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
reward72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Put a pair of ISC100. They are essentially the same as the IFBMW-C just a little thicker and much lower priced. They wouldn’t fit the doors, thus why you did need the IFBMW-C, but for the rear deck they are perfect.

I have them in my car. Sound great!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
robman23
Private
Rep
Drives: M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB74 View Post
I'm replacing the HIFI amp with a Bimmertech amp. If I go with the Focal IFBMW-C speakers in the doors, what is a good speaker to use on the rear deck? Also, should l replace the stock sub with the IFBMW-subs? This set up will be a bit more than the Bavsound Stage 1 and Ghost subs, is it worth it?
There is a ton of information on Focal speakers on this forum. I have the 100s in my doors. They do require a spacer ($10). I would recommend listening before deciding on which one is best for you. Also, the rear deck speakers are almost insignificant. You might replace the doors speakers, disconnect the center channel and replace the subs before replacing the rears.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      12-31-2018, 03:32 AM   #4
jagged
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp M/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by robman23 View Post
There is a ton of information on Focal speakers on this forum. I have the 100s in my doors. They do require a spacer ($10). I would recommend listening before deciding on which one is best for you. Also, the rear deck speakers are almost insignificant. You might replace the doors speakers, disconnect the center channel and replace the subs before replacing the rears.
Hi, thanks for the feedback.

For a basic upgrade, do you recommend Focal IFBMW-S and replace 1 or both underseat subs with something like Focal IFBMW-SUBV2?

Then just keep rear speakers stock?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 12:12 PM   #5
Jrunr
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 M40i - G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPB74 View Post
Also, should l replace the stock sub with the IFBMW-subs? This set up will be a bit more than the Bavsound Stage 1 and Ghost subs, is it worth it?
I am curious to know how the Focal subs compare to the Bav sound subs as well!
Appreciate 0