THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions Manuals suppied with a new 218i

04-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
ChrisLeGrand
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i Active tourer

Manuals suppied with a new 218i

I recently took delivery of my car but only received the Owner's Manual na Warranty booklet.

I would be grateful if anyone could let me know if they got printed documentation covering the SatNav, Media player and Telephony ?

The built in iDrive help facility is all very well but it is not exactly a How To do it guide and does not provide any guidance on the relationship with BMW's online facilities.

Thanks Chris
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #2
mrashton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 G32 6GT; 2014 F45 218i

Hi Chris,
That is all I received with my 218i 2AT. There is no more service book as BMW maintain the history on their system but I believe you can buy a service book if, like me, you prefer to have physical evidence of servicing done. As for the Owner's manual this is available as an App from the Apple store and is called the "BMW Driver's Guide" it has all of the information that was previously in the SatNav, Media Player guide and I find this very handy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
ChrisLeGrand
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i Active tourer

Thanks for that.

Yes the tablet app does provide more information although not on a PC which I would have preferred as our tablets are small form factor.

I must say I am not impressed with the Owner's Manual. A lot of it seems to be caveats to BMW's liability. Most of the facilities are reasonably intuitive to use once you have worked out which ones ( especially the WEB based ones)work with the options you have chosen.

Having worked in IT for 40+ years I am more used to How to Do It manuals and would not have accepted BMW's approach from my staff.

Thanks again Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
suchpro
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d (G20)

I must admit the manual is pretty light. From what I gathered the best manual is the Driver's Guide app.

Along with the same manual I received a CD with a localized version of the same manual.
Appreciate 0