THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning AWE or AA Exhaust on a 230ix

11-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
Shahi84
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

AWE or AA Exhaust on a 230ix

Hi guys,
I have a 2018 230ix. Do any of you know if a Either AWE or AA Exhaust that fits a 330i would fit 230? From what I have read they said it's the same exhaust setup. I have seen people change there stock exhuast to a 330 MPE. I certainly have jb4, bms intake and muffler delete. (Not to impressed with the way it sounds). Definatly want it to sound more aggressive with more cracks and pops. I will be installing a catless dp in the next couple weeks as well. What exhaust would go well with my setup ?Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Thank you!

Last edited by Shahi84; 11-14-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahi84 View Post
Hi guys,
I have a 2018 230ix. Do any of you know if a Awe Exhaust that fits a 330i would fit 230? From what I have read they said it's the same exhaust setup. I have seen people change there stock exhuast to a 330 MPE. I certainly have jb4, bms intake and muffler delete. (Not to impressed with the way it sounds). Definatly want it to sound more aggressive with more cracks and pops. I will be installing a catless dp in the next couple weeks as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Thank you!
Why not see how your car sounds with the catless downpipe before spending on a whole exhaust? You already have a muff delete and I'm sure with the new DP, it'll be loud enough for you. I actually think it's too loud and irritating and sounds too ricer~ish, but that's just me. You're driving a fine German machine that doesn't need to sound like a Civic with a tin can muffler with a gasket leak in the exhaust. To each their own I guess.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
Shahi84
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Why not see how your car sounds with the catless downpipe before spending on a whole exhaust? You already have a muff delete and I'm sure with the new DP, it'll be loud enough for you. I actually think it's too loud and irritating and sounds too ricer~ish, but that's just me. You're driving a fine German machine that doesn't need to sound like a Civic with a tin can muffler with a gasket leak in the exhaust. To each their own I guess.
Yes I definitely do not want it to sound like a ricer. Even though it's a 4 cylinder I would like to have the deep tones with the pops and crackles. I will see how it sounds first with the catless dp installed.
Thank you for your reply
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 12:28 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Active Autowerke sounds better in my opinion

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0