THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning New 228i owner + upgrades

03-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #23
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris B View Post
The ACS tune is supposed to give something like 30-40% of its full tune until 80kmh...
Tbh most tunes doesnt give full boost for example in 1st gear and some not even in 2nd... but still that bugs me too because if you are lets say at 60kmh in 3rd and floor it, its gonna have no significant difference from before...
JB stage 1 gives full boost all the time

Same for the Jb4, but with the JB4 you can set a max boost limit for 1st,second and third gear ... You do so you can keep traction and put max power to the wheels

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #24
Dimitris B
Greece
Rep
Drives: 228i M sport

Garage List
I stand corrected on my last post about AC Schnitzer tune.
It doesn't have a km/h restriction (that would be strange anyway).
It controls boost by rpm and gear, like its done on other tunes that goes a bit "deeper", so that it doesnt give full boost in the first 2 gears, but still gives more than stock.
That's not necessarily a bad thing... Tbh I might prefer it that way, and that goes for every tuning that works like this(JB4 etc).
ACS values are not programmable though.

It also keep all the engine safeguards and doesn't have full effect until the engine is at working temperature.

Last edited by Dimitris B; 04-10-2016 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 01:36 AM   #25
barfastic
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport Pack

Garage List
Thanks for the update Dimitris... Considering this is our only alternative in order to keep warranty in place here in Greece. Did Spanos give you the update, or did you read it online somewhere?

M
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 11:43 PM   #26
Dimitris B
Greece
Rep
Drives: 228i M sport

Garage List
The updated info comes from a long discussion I've had with the guy responsible for the Schnitzer products inside Spanos SA and also cross-checked by e-mailing AC Schnitzer central.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2016, 04:42 AM   #27
barfastic
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Garage List
Hello all, im reviving the thread as I am about to pull the trigger on a Stage 2 JB4 + DP for my n20 228i.

My problem is with the Downpipe, i dont want it to be too loud, so i was thinking of going catted. But reading around, apparently the difference between catted and catless in volume isnt that much.

I just dont want it to be obnoxiously loud. As it is my DD, and im stuck in morning traffic jams, i dont want it to annoy the hell out of me with auto stop/start.

I already have the m235i MPE exhaust fitted, and while that gave me a more prominent tone, the volume just isnt there. you know?

Im between ER and Wagner. Any suggestions?

Also Dimitri, Regarding your info on AC Schnitzer, speaking with Mario (Spanos SA Vouliagmenis) he told me that the program does give full boost from 1st gear and low speeds, but if it detects wheel spin, or something it reduces boost in order to allow wheels to grip. Hence why there spec sheets shows very little improvement on 0-100 times.

Also, he told me that ACS is starting to expand in the US, where the tuning market is larger than in Europe, so we could be expecting some more upgrades, in order for them to be competitive.... i.e. turbo kits (like DINAN) etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 03:30 AM   #28
barfastic
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Garage List
So i pulled the trigger!

JB4 + EWG Harness + Bluetooth Kit are on the way!

But im bit confused about the maps etc...

Map 1 is for bone stock and low quality fuel.
Map 2 is for premium fuel and slight mods
Map 5 is auto adjusting? (depending on what?)

Also, i read somewhere that the EWG Harness doesnt get used when using map 1 and 2. is this correct?

Considering i have access too 100RON fuel, and have installed an MPE and DP is on the way, should i be running Map 2 or 5?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #29
jgoldstein2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 228 Xdrive -Deep Sea Blue

Curious how this goes for you. I'm looking at doing the same thing or maybe with an Enzo tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfastic View Post
So i pulled the trigger!

Also, i read somewhere that the EWG Harness doesnt get used when using map 1 and 2. is this correct?

Considering i have access too 100RON fuel, and have installed an MPE and DP is on the way, should i be running Map 2 or 5?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 12:49 PM   #30
nsimbeck16
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfastic
So i pulled the trigger!

How does your 228 sound with the MPE and downpipe? I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 05:27 AM   #31
barfastic
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Garage List
Hello,

i still havent ordered the Downpipe yet, but i do plan on pulling the trigger very soon.

Even with just the MPE, i get compliments of the sound from many people.

I havent heard it from the outside as im always driving it (i dont wanna give my baby to anyone else) so i cant tell you how loud it is, but from inside the cabin its audible, and in no way annoying - im used to much louder (Straight Pipe Turbo RX8) - but that was way too loud.

Once i get it installed ill try to film a video.

M
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 12:40 PM   #32
vchris
Greece
Rep
Drives: Bmw 220i Sport

Hi guys, haven't logged in here for a while! As I am out of warranty in my 220i its 7/2014 production I have decided to go with Br-Performance Ecu upgrade! They promise 260hp for 220i and with the supersprint catless exhaust I believe I will be around 275hp.
The only problem is I have to ship the ecu to Belgium and get it back in 2 days! Have you checked their site?

Mipws na grafteite oi Ellines sto Bmwfans.gr?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 03:06 PM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vchris View Post
Hi guys, haven't logged in here for a while! As I am out of warranty in my 220i its 7/2014 production I have decided to go with Br-Performance Ecu upgrade! They promise 260hp for 220i and with the supersprint catless exhaust I believe I will be around 275hp.
The only problem is I have to ship the ecu to Belgium and get it back in 2 days! Have you checked their site?

Mipws na grafteite oi Ellines sto Bmwfans.gr?
I am not familiar with them but i never recommend you go with a company based off promised Hp and TQ. For 1 they claim might not be accurate and 2 how would you know if it is safe?

I recommend you ask them for logs showing how the cars are reacting to their tune. Parameters like AFR, ignition timing, fuel,etc... need to be carefully monitored when increasing power

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0