THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Passenger taillight out

05-03-2024, 08:03 AM   #1
Dstructv
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

Passenger taillight out

Curious if anyone can help. 2015 m235i

My passenger tail light is out, just the main light, not the blinker. Not the reverse or brake. I tried replacing the bulb and cleaning the contacts. I tried changing a couple fuses that seemed correct but none were blown. Not sure if maybe I did the wrong fuses or where to go. My connector is not burnt , seems like every thing I search shows the ground issue but I have no errors on the drive screen and the connections are clean. Idk where to go from here
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 08:31 AM   #2
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Check to see if the bulb socket is getting 12VDC. I doubt that the bulb has its own ground but try grounding the outer part of the socket to the battery ground.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #3
Dstructv
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

So, funny enough, after I made this post the lens fell off when driving, I ordered a new tail light and it arrived today, needless to say the trace lines were clean, when my old ones are not and look oxidized. The new light works as it should, so im wondering, since the lens was clearly not affixed as it should have been (maybe adhesive failed) I think the light wasnt working due to condensation damage.
Appreciate 0