THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing can you project your 0-60 time with a valid 0-30 time?

10-05-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i Xdrive 8A

Garage List
can you project your 0-60 time with a valid 0-30 time?

Team- I live in the shitty city where I can barely drive my car. Its never possible for me to warm the tires and tranny up, do a proper launch control launch and stay in it to 62 mph. I am constantly trying to find somewhere to safely and securely test, but have not found that area yet. Fairfax county also has like the most cops per capita of anywhere, and we have tons of cameras and e monitoring now. Cant wait to move! Anyways.

I was able the other day to punch it at a stop light and the Draggy app said I went 0-30 in exactly 3 seconds.

My intuition tells me, ok, 60 must come in no more than 6 seconds then, which is good we know that. This car should be in the 4-5 range stock.

So my question is, logically, I would think 30-60mph occurs faster than 0-30mph did. Because the car is already rolling and the motor is spooling up and the wind resistance is defeated somewhat etc. etc.

Is it safe to project a 0-60 time from this? Like 3 seconds to get to 30mph, and then half of that to get to 60mph? That would be 4.5 seconds, without launch control, fully modded. Seems close? IDK just wondering!

I was hoping with this setup I could hit 60mph in under 4 seconds with a good launch. Car is BM3-2, FBO, and RWD with good tires. Tranny is also BM3 tuned, but not XHP tuned...yet.

Thanks

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow7xx View Post
Team- I live in the shitty city where I can barely drive my car. Its never possible for me to warm the tires and tranny up, do a proper launch control launch and stay in it to 62 mph. Fairfax county also has like the most cops per capita of anywhere, and we have tons of cameras and e monitoring now.
Have you considered taking your car to Capitol Raceway, Summerduck Dragway, or any of the other drag strips in your region so that you can discover precisely what it can do with you at the controls and on its current tires?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCrow7xx View Post
Team- I live in the shitty city where I can barely drive my car. Its never possible for me to warm the tires and tranny up, do a proper launch control launch and stay in it to 62 mph. Fairfax county also has like the most cops per capita of anywhere, and we have tons of cameras and e monitoring now.
Have you considered taking your car to Capitol Raceway, Summerduck Dragway, or any of the other drag strips in your region so that you can discover precisely what it can do with you at the controls and on its current tires?
Id love to. No idea how to do that, especially with covid.

2016 F22 M235 8A HK NBTevo | CTS HEX Intake | CTS Chargepipe | Gplus Intercooler | VRSF DP | BM3 Stage 2+ | 18" CSL Replicas | XHP X-Delete
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #4
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

No, stick with where you are at doing calculations off of Dragy. Per my calculations you are running a 0-60 at only 3.9s sec, and quarter mile of 9.8 seconds - WAY faster than a corvette - bruh, that is Lambo territory!! You can stop trying, you have arrived. Now stop being a moving accident waiting to happen on the highway and go brag to somebody before you hurt yourself.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 09:34 AM   #5
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
So I have spent hours and hours looking into this before, but never found summerduck. Also really was not sure if things like this were open or stayed in business during the pandemic. Seems like a business that probably doesn't make a ton of cash flow.

Summerduck is only 1/8th of a mile, and depending how fast your car is requires helmet, flame suit and roll cage. They also only have a few amateur hours a year, which by random chance there is one this Sunday. I talked them into understanding my car should not be fast enough to need a roll cage.

This is the chicken and the egg. How do I know how fast my car runs before taking it to the track, but the track has regulations based on how fast my car runs?

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #6
OldCrow7xx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
No, stick with where you are at doing calculations off of Dragy. Per my calculations you are running a 0-60 at only 3.9s sec, and quarter mile of 9.8 seconds - WAY faster than a corvette - bruh, that is Lambo territory!! You can stop trying, you have arrived. Now stop being a moving accident waiting to happen on the highway and go brag to somebody before you hurt yourself.
Laugh all you want to, but I guarantee there exists a formula to extrapolate other scores from a 0-30 score.

Just like how their is a functional relationship between the 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile...

Its not a crazy idea and going 0-30 at a stoplight is also not wreckless or dangerous.

Appreciate 0