THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding 544 Cruise Control F23 LCI

06-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
Tel69
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6 M50d

Lightbulb Coding 544 Cruise Control F23 LCI

I have been following the DIY addition of Option 544 Cruise Control to F20s on many sites and decided to give it a go. I am not new to coding and have a fair idea of what I am doing and more importantly, what not to do.

My wife’s 220i Cabrio came nicely specced but, like many others, I took cruise control for granted thinking it was standard only to find out the hard way it wasn’t! Oh well...

I fitted the correct switch cluster to the M Sport wheel of my wife’s 2017 F23 Cabrio without issue. I then coded using ESys adding 544 to the FA/VO And then coding the modules FEM_BODY, ICM and KOMBi. Once complete I decided to test it out.

When pressing the cruise button I get the message “cruise control ready” in the bottom right of the cluster, when clicking resume when under 20 mph I get the message “unable to activate” message and the limit button functions as normal.

When up to speed (above 20 mph) I activate cruise and attempt to set the speed when I receive an error message in the bottom right of the cluster “Cruise Control Failure” accompanied by the usual orange triangle alerting me of an error.

Very disappointing! I went back to the drawing board, deciding to recode the car to original VO which I have done in an attempt to recode and try a again, sadly now my KOMBI ECU is no longer visible so I’m unable to carry on the retrofit?

Any ideas? My questions are, is there another code required? Is the coding info the same for the LCI models, what am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0