THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Orders/Allocations

04-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #67
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 235Beast View Post
Not sure but it was a big selling point to convince me to order new.

Once it gets on a boat and arrives in Halifax how long did you wait/what is expected? 1 week as you indicated above? Does it change if I'm getting the MPE?
lol, i'll let you know when i get mine boat arrived 2 days late, and took 3 days to be "delivered" from the boat, w hich i assume means to CN's care. that was April 1st. Haven't heard anything from my dealer re: taking delivery, so i assume they dont have an ETA from CN yet. I'm guessing it'll be around April 12-15, but that's a guess based on nothing. I'm going on vacation end of april, so if it's goign to be cutting it close to that, i'd rather just take delivery in may. I suppose the bright side is that with the shit weather in toronto i wouldn't be able to drive it with the performance tires anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #68
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Great, right in the thick of this mess. I've already set my expectations for late May. Our X5 was "delivered" in 6 1/2 weeks from when we ordered. I guess that's the difference when it's North American built.
Hey, new to the forum. Sounds like I ordered just ahead of you. My production date was March 22 and it loaded on a boat March 30. It's due to arrive in Halifax April 11. No idea after that. I ordered the car March 3rd and was told at that time late April early May for it to come in. So far they keep saying it's on track for that barring any shipping issues, which it sounds like are quite possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:40 PM   #69
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDrill View Post
Hey, new to the forum. Sounds like I ordered just ahead of you. My production date was March 22 and it loaded on a boat March 30. It's due to arrive in Halifax April 11. No idea after that. I ordered the car March 3rd and was told at that time late April early May for it to come in. So far they keep saying it's on track for that barring any shipping issues, which it sounds like are quite possible.
Wow, your timing was bang on...everything aligned. My son's car had a production date of March 29th. There are 2 possible vessel dates to Halifax coming up which is April 7th or April 13th. I've been checking everyday and here is hoping for tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 11:10 PM   #70
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Wow, your timing was bang on...everything aligned. My son's car had a production date of March 29th. There are 2 possible vessel dates to Halifax coming up which is April 7th or April 13th. I've been checking everyday and here is hoping for tomorrow.
It didn't tell me what boat it was on until the day it loaded. The tracking updates until it gets a little ways off the coast of England from leaving port in Southhampton and then it seems to go radio silence. I assume it'll pick up tracking again when it gets within a certain number of miles of the Canadian coast. Super excited. I'm just hoping that the CN delays are somewhat mitigated with the extra shift that was mentioned in that article. Would've given them a little over a half a month to catch up a bit but maybe that's just me being optimistic.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #71
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It didn't tell me what boat it was on until the day it loaded. The tracking updates until it gets a little ways off the coast of England from leaving port in Southhampton and then it seems to go radio silence. I assume it'll pick up tracking again when it gets within a certain number of miles of the Canadian coast. Super excited. I'm just hoping that the CN delays are somewhat mitigated with the extra shift that was mentioned in that article. Would've given them a little over a half a month to catch up a bit but maybe that's just me being optimistic.
It sounds like they have addressed the issue. I'm bloody well hoping. I suspect my son's car will have a bit of a delay in Halifax when they install the MPE and M Pedals. Anyway, keep us posted. Funny, this isn't my car but I'm very eager to see this beast.

This will be my son's first "brand new" ordered vehicle through BMW. He's trading in his 2005 330Ci that I bought used for University. So, this truly is his first car on his own exactly (with a bit of help) the way he wants it and the guy is having trouble sleeping...sound familiar...been there.

Here is hoping I see this thing loaded today if not it will be April 13th.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #72
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
It sounds like they have addressed the issue. I'm bloody well hoping. I suspect my son's car will have a bit of a delay in Halifax when they install the MPE and M Pedals. Anyway, keep us posted. Funny, this isn't my car but I'm very eager to see this beast.

This will be my son's first "brand new" ordered vehicle through BMW. He's trading in his 2005 330Ci that I bought used for University. So, this truly is his first car on his own exactly (with a bit of help) the way he wants it and the guy is having trouble sleeping...sound familiar...been there.

Here is hoping I see this thing loaded today if not it will be April 13th.
I understand completely. My last three cars have been factory order and have taken awhile. You'd think I'd learn not to keep doing this to myself. However, this is my first BMW and a step into a very different class of car for me. I can't wait. The car is just such a pleasure to drive.

Hope your car gets loaded. I should be able to find out Monday if mine landed like it's supposed to.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 12:25 AM   #73
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Mine landed in Halifax on March 19 and arrived in Vancouver today. It's still got to be transferred to the dealership and have prep done so probably early next week. Three weeks across the country probably isn't that bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #74
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Is that week 17 from the production date?
No thats from the date order was placed. I should note that the order was placed as a dealer stock car but still its been in Halifax since end of Feb
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 04:59 AM   #75
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Good news to share It's was loaded on the vessel on April 8th with an ETA into Halifax for April 19th. Dealer is anticipating week of May 2nd delivery hoping no delays. Excited. Now it's time to start tracking that ship.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 09:34 AM   #76
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Good news to share It's was loaded on the vessel on April 8th with an ETA into Halifax for April 19th. Dealer is anticipating week of May 2nd delivery hoping no delays. Excited. Now it's time to start tracking that ship.
Hopefully you don't end up in the same boat as me on the waiting game
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #77
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Tracking info on mine updated today. It landed in Halifax just after 6 this morning. Three hours ahead of schedule. Now here's hoping it doesn't take weeks to get loaded on to a rail car. Funny thing is that I work in the rail industry so I always find it ironic when rail ends up being the reason things get held up for me.

Super excited for the car though. Should be right in time for our shit weather to wrap up.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #78
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Tracking info on mine updated today. It landed in Halifax just after 6 this morning. Three hours ahead of schedule. Now here's hoping it doesn't take weeks to get loaded on to a rail car. Funny thing is that I work in the rail industry so I always find it ironic when rail ends up being the reason things get held up for me.

Super excited for the car though. Should be right in time for our shit weather to wrap up.
Do you know of an easy way to find out if a car in on a railcar or not? Just curious as you say you are in the rail business
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #79
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjnj View Post
Do you know of an easy way to find out if a car in on a railcar or not? Just curious as you say you are in the rail business
Unfortunately, no. I don't work for CN or anything like that. I work for a rail supplier. The order and tracking sticky thread has way more information on tracking than I do so if it's in there that's more than I have. Wish I did though.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #80
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I was told that we could track it from this site once it arrives in Halifax https://www.lhf.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #81
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was told that we could track it from this site once it arrives in Halifax https://www.lhf.com/
You can only track the trucking of it. If it's going by rail from Halifax to Ontario, you can't track it until it gets to the railyard and Hansen's is dispatched.

Once Hansen's has been dispatched, you can track it by VIN.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #82
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I'll see if my logistics folks have an account with CN http://www.cn.ca/en/customer-centre/...shipping-tools
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #83
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was told yesterday that my 2 is in Toronto. Tracking on lhf.com shows an ETA of arrival at the dealership of the 14th (Thursday).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #84
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjnj View Post
I was told yesterday that my 2 is in Toronto. Tracking on lhf.com shows an ETA of arrival at the dealership of the 14th (Thursday).
Oh man. How nice is that. You must be excited. Show some pics when you get her. I just tracked my Son's and the boat hit the Southampton Port so I presume tomorrow she'll be sailing across to Halifax.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #85
ashmax
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xdrive

Update! Got a call today that my car has arrived and so delivery in 2 days!

So for anybody who is interested in the timeline, it's as below:

Order Date: Jan 30th 2016
Went in production: 2nd week of Feb
Arrived at Bremerhaven port: Feb 19th
Loaded on Ship: Feb 24th
Arrived at Halifax: Mar 9th
Loaded on train: Mar 30th (Sat there for 20 days! Courtesy of CN)
Arrived Calgary: April 12th

In normal scenario, I think it could have arrived a week or two earlier but no problem, it's here now! On my way to dealership to meet her!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 04:02 PM   #86
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

I'll do you one better ... my car's ready, picking it up in 90 minutes!

Arrived in Bremerhaven on March 3rd.
Arrived in Canada on March 19th
Released by WWL on March 21st

Not sure when it was loaded by CN, but arrived in BC on April 7th, at the dealership on the 9th and in my hands today (unless something goes dreadfully wrong!).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #87
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Congrats guys. Enjoy. Don't forget to post the pics.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #88
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

A few quick shots. First one at the dealership, a couple quick ones from home.
Attached Images

Last edited by JohnnyCanuck; 04-12-2016 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 0