THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Bluetooth phone calls have a lot of static

11-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Bluetooth phone calls have a lot of static

I use wireless carplay and when talking on the phone it starts off fine then a minute in has a lot of static when the other person speaks to the point where I just hang up. I searched but didn't find any threads on it. Anyone experience this and have a fix?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #2
pcopley
United_States
Rep

I experienced this on the first two phone calls I got, then it went away and I haven't had any issues since. The only common thing between the calls was that I was using the Podcast app prior/after the calls, however I've gotten calls mid-podcast after without issue.

Sorry this isn't much help but it's not just you.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 02:11 PM   #3
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
I actually get some of the same static but via Bluetooth - had it for awhile now
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
42395_skyline
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcopley View Post
I experienced this on the first two phone calls I got, then it went away and I haven't had any issues since. The only common thing between the calls was that I was using the Podcast app prior/after the calls, however I've gotten calls mid-podcast after without issue.

Sorry this isn't much help but it's not just you.
I had a weird glitch today where using Spotify the sound quality sounded like a phone call not like normal quality and it had the same static. I paused and played it again and the quality came back and no static. I also get phone calls before and after playing Spotify as I have it on at all times while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
I actually get some of the same static but via Bluetooth - had it for awhile now
Never looked into getting it fixed? I find it horribly annoying especially on a brand new $50k car.
Appreciate 0