THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Anybody running the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic coilovers? Opinions?

02-23-2021, 09:48 AM   #1
DistantTea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive

Anybody running the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic coilovers? Opinions?

I think I'd like to keep the EDC control over my dampeners so I saw the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic coilover kit and thought that might be the way to go for my M240i. Anybody have this installed?

Would camber plates be recommended for all coilovers or would this be fine without plates?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #2
JD11937
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantTea View Post
I think I'd like to keep the EDC control over my dampeners so I saw the BILSTEIN B16 DampTronic coilover kit and thought that might be the way to go for my M240i. Anybody have this installed?

Would camber plates be recommended for all coilovers or would this be fine without plates?
Recently put this same question out on the forums. Doesn't seem that a ton of people have them, probably due to cost. But those that do seem to really like them. Going to be pulling the trigger on them soon myself.
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
spidy512
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 EBII M240xi

Heya,

Check out this thread,

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1766252

The OP wisely posted in the B58 forum as it gets more traffic it appears.

I am pretty sold on these but the cost is somewhat prohibative at the moment. I really do not need new shocks at this point as the stock ones seem to be holding up just fine. I have Eibach lowering spring I may install for now until I can justify new shocks. Less than ideal, but will get the look I am after until I can afford the CO's.

They also make an uprated shock replacement I have been eyeballing. They are about $1k less than the CO's. I figure if I like the lowering springs I could at least get an uprated shock from Bilstein and retain the adjustable suspention.

As far as plates, there are a billion threads about the handful that are available for the M240i. The general consesus is that most make noise, but they can really help transform the cars performance and eliminate the redic outside tire wear we get in the front. Are they required? No. But they are sure nice to have. I have been mulling over if I want to take that step as my M240i is not my DD so the extra noise would not be as big a factor. The roads in the Bay Area suck and makes me question if its worth it.

Anyway, check out the above thread. I think it will help you out immensely.

josh
Appreciate 1