THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Anyone tried SPL rear links?

01-07-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Anyone tried SPL rear links?

On my track car, the bushings on the rear control arms seem to have had enough and camber is moving all over the place. So, I was wondering, "while I'm there", if I should just replace the links with something solid instead of just adding fresher rubber bushings.

SPL seems to have a full set of rear arms for our cars [1]. Their reputation is pretty good from what I've heard. And they're using FK ends, which should make finding consumables pretty easy. Not to mention, they're a quarter of the price of the M235ir kit.

Has anyone run their arms and have some feedback?

I'm especially curious how sturdy their locking mechanism is to keep alignment -- the hex screws that lock the ends just look so tiny. Some of my local tracks require getting on the curbs pretty aggressively, and it's not uncommon to knock out the stock camber and toe bolts, which are much more massive and torqued way higher.

[1] https://www.splparts.com/2014-f2x-2-series/
Appreciate 1
Maynard3804.50
      01-07-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
I don't personally have them, but I know that Tyspeed is an authorized dealer and runs some of their parts on their Pike's Peak M2. Might be worth giving them a call.
      01-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by msendit View Post
On my track car, the bushings on the rear control arms seem to have had enough and camber is moving all over the place. So, I was wondering, "while I'm there", if I should just replace the links with something solid instead of just adding fresher rubber bushings.

SPL seems to have a full set of rear arms for our cars [1]. Their reputation is pretty good from what I've heard. And they're using FK ends, which should make finding consumables pretty easy. Not to mention, they're a quarter of the price of the M235ir kit.

Has anyone run their arms and have some feedback?

I'm especially curious how sturdy their locking mechanism is to keep alignment -- the hex screws that lock the ends just look so tiny. Some of my local tracks require getting on the curbs pretty aggressively, and it's not uncommon to knock out the stock camber and toe bolts, which are much more massive and torqued way higher.

[1] https://www.splparts.com/2014-f2x-2-series/
We have sold and install SPL on Many BMW and even Tesla Model 3's lately. No issues with keeping the alignment where they are.

How od you knock out the camber and toe bolts by just bouncing off curbs?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
msendit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
We have sold and install SPL on Many BMW and even Tesla Model 3's lately. No issues with keeping the alignment where they are.
Thanks. I heard good things elsewhere too, so I'll probably give them a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
How od you knock out the camber and toe bolts by just bouncing off curbs?
I thought that was pretty common. Most folks around me check and redo alignments before every race weekend. I normally do them every 4-5 track days and things are pretty much never as we left them. The stock front toe locking is especially easy to knock out -- that's why I was worried -- the SPL design seems to be the same, except with hex bolts a quarter the size.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #5
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

I run the Megan Racing pieces. For the money, they're fantastic. IIRC they were under $600USD for the 8 links. Been on the car for about 20k kms with no issue, they have the boots to keep the threads clean, not an issue so far.

Last edited by Dylan86; 02-04-2020 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:10 AM   #6
KrispyM240
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 2015 M4

I have a couple of their parts on my Skyline, really solid, quality stuff.
I also have a couple of buddies that ran their parts and never complained.
Appreciate 0