THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Bimmercode

01-25-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' M440I

Bimmercode

Before my 2021 M240i arrived in December I purchased the Bimmercode app and downloaded into my Galaxys10+. I used it to did some coding in my car once it arrived. Worked like a chime.

I recently got an Iphone 12 Promax so I can use the Apple Car play in my car. I wanted to explore and do more coding with the Bimmercode. To my surprise there is NO transfer option on my purchased Bimmercode app. to my new Iphone 12.

Basically I have to re-purchase the same Bimmercode app. again.

That is totally BS. I have already pay for it one month ago and now they want me to pay for it again. I found it difficult to believe this can not be done.

If I have to pay for it again I am thinking of getting Bimmerlink instead. Can anyone comment on how Bimmerlink is working out?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #2
CKr
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1998 E36 M3

BimmerLink is made by the same independent developer (SG Software) as Bimmercode, but provides different functionality.

Creating an app for a second platform doesn't come free in time or effort — you have to write code for both and support both from a customer support standpoint. You could reach out to the developer to see if he has the ability to transfer your license from one to the other.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 09:17 PM   #3
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKr View Post
BimmerLink is made by the same independent developer (SG Software) as Bimmercode, but provides different functionality.

Creating an app for a second platform doesn't come free in time or effort — you have to write code for both and support both from a customer support standpoint. You could reach out to the developer to see if he has the ability to transfer your license from one to the other.
It saids on its website it is not transferable.

I guess it depends how one looks at this issue. From a customer's view he is not asking for something he is going to make profit of the transfer. IMHO Bimmercode's policy of not allowing the transfer of a purchased app is bad for customer service.
Appreciate 1
Resoelg226.00
      01-26-2021, 09:22 AM   #4
jzeiler4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240i xDrive vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliuod View Post
It saids on its website it is not transferable.

I guess it depends how one looks at this issue. From a customer's view he is not asking for something he is going to make profit of the transfer. IMHO Bimmercode's policy of not allowing the transfer of a purchased app is bad for customer service.
Call them as they may let you transfer to another phone type rather than transfer to another owner (like you sold the car and want to transfer the app to the new owner).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeiler4 View Post
Call them as they may let you transfer to another phone type rather than transfer to another owner (like you sold the car and want to transfer the app to the new owner).
I emailed them and they won't do the transfer.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 10:18 AM   #6
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Looks like you gotta pay to play then.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:24 AM   #7
jliuod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Looks like you gotta pay to play then.
You mean I have to pay twice to play!
Appreciate 1
KennyFSU1102.50
      01-26-2021, 01:20 PM   #8
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliuod View Post
You mean I have to pay twice to play!
Lol touche.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #9
sauceonside
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 240i MT

To be clear, you’re asking to exchange your Google Store purchase to the Apple Store?

I’m not sure how common that practice is, having only used Iphones for a while now. I don’t even know if it’s possible since the different stores authorize the licenses of apps that are downloaded and certainly don’t talk to each other. But I certainly wouldn’t have expected the ability to if I switched phone platforms.

Compared to the VIN Specific licenses some other modding apps require, another $30 for a new o/s platform is still a deal.
Appreciate 0