THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M240i screen upgrade?

05-08-2023, 12:21 PM   #1
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

M240i screen upgrade?

Hello I just recently purchased a 2017 m240i 6mt and my biggest flaw with the car is lack of backup camera and the screen having wasted space. Is there possiblility on upgrading the screen to a more modernized one, or a screen that atleast uses more space than the oem one on the car. Also would I be able to set it up to properly work with the backup camera? The m240i I got was a Canada car, the backup camera isn't the biggest deal but upgraded the screen is what I would most likely be able to get accomplished. Anyone got any recommendations or general info? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 10:14 AM   #2
slinkyjynx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

I’m guessing you have the small screen rather than the widescreen 8.8? If so yes you can upgrade to the bigger one, you’ll just have to get it coded.

There are backup cameras you can buy that are plug and play and don’t need coding, eBay is your friend. I fitted one to my old 3 series and it was great.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2023, 04:43 PM   #3
kamilbaran
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 Yas Marina M3, '17 M240i

Do you happen to what kind of coding I would need for the car to run the bigger sized screen properly? I'm sure I would need to find a lighting/electrical shop for cars to do this or would a mechanic be able to get it to run properly.

Thanks a ton for the info!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 04:22 PM   #4
slinkyjynx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbaran View Post
Do you happen to what kind of coding I would need for the car to run the bigger sized screen properly? I'm sure I would need to find a lighting/electrical shop for cars to do this or would a mechanic be able to get it to run properly.

Thanks a ton for the info!
Anyone with the bmw esys software could do it. There are loads of guides online, I did it myself years ago and it took all of 15 minutes.

Best of luck to you!
Appreciate 1