THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions 2 series plug in not charging at time set

11-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
Ian G
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Active Plug-in

2 series plug in not charging at time set

I have a BMW Series 2 Active Tourer Plug-in hybrid. I cannot successfully set it to recharge the battery at the time I want (I have cheap electricity at night). I set the overnight time, set a departure time (what's the point of this?), but whenever I connect my charging unit to the car, charging starts immediately and doesn't stop unless I unlock the car, which is really unhelpful.
Has anyone worked out how to get the charging system to work at the time you want it to?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 02:23 AM   #2
baldygit
Registered
Rep
Drives: 225e m active tourer

Same issue

I have the same model, same problem
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #3
tangoev
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2 Seriers Active Tourer PHEV 2

Hello.
Just purchased a 2018 model of the PHEV. Have the same problem. As soon as you plug in the charge cable and lock the vehicle the car starts to charge. If you unlock it stops charging and seems to switch to time charging. But if you lock the car it immediately starts charging again. Very frustrating.
Now I think that I have found a work around. If you lock the car with the App from an iPhone it seems to lock the car and leaves the charge in time mode.
Not totally convinced. Will review in the morning.
Appreciate 0