THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning M235i Stage 2 (Bootmod3) Stuttering + Inconsistent Ignition Timing?

09-05-2021, 10:01 PM   #23
MidwayMuller
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahakim24 View Post
did you ever find a solution for this? im looking at my logs and my stft goes well above .8 very often
I'm not sure where this number is coming from, as far as I've seen BM3 uses a relative graph where 1.0 is ideal and anything over/under means pulling or dumping in fuel
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 07:35 PM   #24
Sliptality
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Sorry for digging up an old thread - but I noticed I left everyone hanging without answers and I hope I can help someone finding this in the future. I noticed there were some recent comments on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyesmorgan View Post
Transfer case. I made a thread about this same issue, once I turned xDelete on (RWD mode) I no longer felt the stuttering/rough acceleration https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1686839
Yup. You were right. I had my front xfer case fluid changed and the click disappeared entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYC View Post
You have a fueling issues. In the log. Select the “stft” to view short term fuel trim. Anything over .8 is not good.
I would recommend opening a ticket with ptf support. Don’t drive the card hard till it’s addressed. Cruising and normal driving should be fine.
STFT should actually be pinned at 1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Sounds like a vacuum leak regarding the stalling. Check your charge pipe very closely and the connections to the intercooler, both sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalderks View Post
I would check all your connections downstream of the turbo. Your WGDC is extremely high during the entire pull and your boost never reaches the target pointing at a boost leak downstream of the turbo. There might be multiple things going on too.... Good luck!
You guys were also right. I was missing an O-ring on a connection to my intercooler. As soon as I replaced it I saw STFT never go above 1.05 during any hard pulls, and mostly always 1.0. I imagine that extra .05 is OK and within an acceptable margin of error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Didn't you happen to notice the timing being pulled? Two cylinders are off what the others are doing. Maybe, maybe not the issue. Certainly isn't good. Injectors? Plugs or coils? Or am I seeing something wrong? And to check the transfer case oil like F22 suggests really isn't a big deal too. But always with modding, you start there. Back out of what was changed before the problem appeared. Of course the problem might be unrelated too.

Good luck!
I never did figure out the inconsistent timing issue. The car feels to drive great. I should do another pull soon to see if this issue is still present with new plugs. I wouldn't be surprised if my coils needed a refresh.

This is the most recent pull I have with the fixes applied: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5e65...0b43468a76cb69
Appreciate 0