THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Easy entry with bimmercode?

03-21-2020, 08:16 PM   #23
TrboMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

1st one: On or Off

2nd one: hex for MM of seat travel to move back (it will move forward the same amount)

3rd one: hex for MM of room the seat cant move back so it wont crush the feat of a back seat passenger's foot.

Lets explain the 3rd one. The reason this is not available for our cars is because our cars are small and the seats can move almost all the way back to the rear seats. There is no sensor to stop the seat from moving if someone is sitting back there or you have something on the floor behind the drivers seat. So it would be the seat motor vs the ankle of foot bones of the person sitting behind you. Or if you had a half gallon of milk back there.... squish and splash.

Lets say you set the set the 3rd number to 30mm or about an inch and a half, and your 2nd number (how much the seat should move) is also set to 30mm. If the seat is more than 60mm forward of the rear most position, then the seat will move. Less that that it wont. So if you move the seat 100mm foward, it will move 30mm back when you open the door. If someone else taller than you drives the car and moves the seat back so its 59mm from the rearmost and then gets out of the car, the seat cant move back the 2nd number (30mm) without invading the safety room set by the 3rd number (30mm) so it wont move.

If you set the 3rd number to zero, the seat will always move the amount the 2nd number is set to (no safety barrier).

This also applies the passenger seat which can be set in SM2 module.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #24
KjPerry
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KjPerry View Post
Hi,

I have the first "global" value listed below in BimmerCode but I do not have the 2nd of 3rd . Can anyone advise as to how to get this to work?

3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = Modus_FA_SLV
3012 EAH -> EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 64
3012 EAH -> EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 00
I know this is little old but I still havent gotten this. Can anyone advise on the above?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #25
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

I tried coding this today using BimmerCode, but there was no Modus_FA_SLV option under 3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE (although I see it in the demo mode).

I did not attempt to change the other values I've seen referenced here and above (one of the following was not active):

30C0 EINSTIEGSH_LN_AKTIV set to: aktiv
30C0 EINSTIEGSH_NG_AKTIV set to: aktiv
30C0 PRIO_ACHSEN set to: 1 or 2

I see Modus_FA_SLV missing on some older SM ECU firmware https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...020138&page=13 (post #266), but I would have expected my 2017 F87 to support it.

It does show SM 3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS and SM 3012 EAH_SHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS options however.

I'm wondering if I should just try setting 3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE to werte=03.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 07:10 PM   #26
the_steve_randolph
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i convertible F33 N55

I found this thread while looking for the "distance" codes mentioned here. I have not tested them yet, but, for those who have not been able to get the seat to move at all, all that I have done so far (and I have been successful) is this coding in BimmerCode:

Seat Module Driver > Expert Mode > 3000 > EASY_ENTRY -to- aktiv
Appreciate 0