THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla - no thanks!

12-17-2022, 09:47 AM   #309
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So funny thing... I reserved a spot on Starlink for service and reserved my Ford Bronco at the same time in September 2020. Got an email from Starlink a few months ago, my service date has been pushed for the 3rd time, now out until "mid-2023" and the price was increased. I've been driving the Bronco since the end of July and Ford held the 2021 pricing I originally ordered under.

While funny and curious, can you really compare the two?

One is a revolution in service that requires rockets to be launched, satellites to orbit in the right spots, connectivity from earth to them and back.

The other one is a car. A simple, body-on-frame economy vehicle.

I think that says more (negative) about FoMoCo than Starlink…
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 10:19 AM   #310
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
So funny thing... I reserved a spot on Starlink for service and reserved my Ford Bronco at the same time in September 2020. Got an email from Starlink a few months ago, my service date has been pushed for the 3rd time, now out until "mid-2023" and the price was increased. I've been driving the Bronco since the end of July and Ford held the 2021 pricing I originally ordered under.

A person in your position isn't what I was generalizing. I meant the hundreds, if not thousands, of systems he's setup in 3rd world shitholes. Probably the first internet experience for many of them. Not to mention what he did for "Earn 10 billion a day, Ask me how" Ukrainian sloth man. He would have been obliterated without Starlink.

So yeah, he's quite busy with installs.
Efthreeoh17309.00
      12-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #311
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Quote:
Maybe he's OCONUS on a Doctors Without Borders mission.

Banned 😂🤷🏻‍♂️
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      12-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #312
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...9-3a97a923d5aa

“Shares of General Motors Co. GM, -3.91% shed 1.93% to $37.62 Thursday…

This was the stock's second consecutive day of losses. General Motors Co. closed $29.59 below its 52-week high ($67.21), which the company achieved on January 5th…

The stock underperformed when compared to some of its competitors Thursday, as Tesla Inc. TSLA, -4.72% rose 0.55% to $157.67…”

Next…
I'm not sure if you are disagreeing or agreeing that Tesla is in trouble so I'll post them together to be sure we are looking at the same data. Figures were pulled today - 12/17/2022

Source : google

Market Summary
>
General Motors Company
36.15 USD
-25.02 (-40.90%)year to date

-2.49 (-6.44%)past month

−1.46 (3.88%)today

Market Summary
>
Tesla Inc
150.23 USD
-249.70 (-62.44%)year to date

-32.94 (-17.98%)past month

−7.44 (4.72%)today
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #313
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Quote:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...9-3a97a923d5aa

“Shares of General Motors Co. GM, -3.91% shed 1.93% to $37.62 Thursday…

This was the stock's second consecutive day of losses. General Motors Co. closed $29.59 below its 52-week high ($67.21), which the company achieved on January 5th…

The stock underperformed when compared to some of its competitors Thursday, as Tesla Inc. TSLA, -4.72% rose 0.55% to $157.67…”

Next…
I'm not sure if you are disagreeing or agreeing that Tesla is in trouble so I'll post them together to be sure we are looking at the same data. Figures were pulled today - 12/17/2022

Market Summary
>
General Motors Company
36.15 USD
-25.02 (-[COLOR="darkred"]40.90[/COLOR]%)year to date

-2.49 (-[COLOR="darkred"]6.44[/COLOR]%)past month

−1.46 [COLOR="darkred"](3.88[/COLOR]%)today

Market Summary
>
Tesla Inc
150.23 USD
-249.70 ([COLOR="DarkRed"]-62.44[/COLOR]%)year to date

-32.94 (-[COLOR="darkred"]17.98[/COLOR]%)past month

−7.44 ([COLOR="darkred"]4.72[/COLOR]%)today
I've done amazing with the Tesla stock. Of course the shares I have are taking a beating now but o that's the game. Soon it will be time to buy more. Get ready:-)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 12:55 PM   #314
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
There was a thread on E90Post started a few years ago that basically asked the question "Will Tesla be Around in 10 Years?". It really was a good thread, but the Mods took it down. My contention when I contributed to the Thread was basically the cost of the continuously developing new models. Tesla has to be admired for jumping into the automotive arena with a new unconventional architecture that basically required a significant development of non-existing supply chain or transition of low-rate supply chain resources in to high-rate manufacturers. Tesla has definitely helped the major manufacturers get into the EV product arena.

But the automobile game is tough. It has short product cycles relative to the cost of design and production, where the customer base expects a redesign every 7 years or so. That is where the cost is, product redesign; it's why VW builds 15 models off one platform (MQB). Tesla's current products are stale. The Model S has been around for over 10 years, looks the same, the price has increased faster than inflation, and most people don't want a 2.5-second 60 MPH car priced at $150K. The Model 3 is 5 years old now, is ugly (has been from the start), as are the X and Y, and the price point is a bit steep. The auto buyer is finicky. Perhaps Tesla's stock price, while grossly overvalued, is just a reflection of a customer base that wants some product refresh. It's still young company.

Batteries are expensive to produce. I don't believe there is a low-cost high-energy density solution, and that's where I see the market for them stalling.
And they have proven to be slow/unreliable at bringing new product to market, which hurts confidence (both investor and customer). Other brands are slow on some products, but they don't over promise to nearly the degree Tesla does. The Roadster was revealed in 2017, still not here. Not even close it seems. The Plaid+? they changed their mind . The Semi is just starting maybe be released (?), 5 years after prototype. Cyber bruck, revealed the same time and still at least a year out, and that's "Tesla years" which really means much much more. The plaid was a disaster, they didn't make any model S cars for almost 1-1/2 model years. The X was even worse, almost 2 years of production lost, and it still looks the same. If they had gotten rid of those stupid rear doors, I'd probably have one by now.

Their only recent success story is the Y, and that surely saved the company, but it too will age faster than they can manage. Competition will eat their lunch on that.

I wish them luck, they have helped move the EV evolution forward.

Last edited by chad86tsi; 12-17-2022 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 3
Efthreeoh17309.00
Cos270608.50
      12-17-2022, 01:03 PM   #315
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
There was a thread on E90Post started a few years ago that basically asked the question "Will Tesla be Around in 10 Years?". It really was a good thread, but the Mods took it down. My contention when I contributed to the Thread was basically the cost of the continuously developing new models. Tesla has to be admired for jumping into the automotive arena with a new unconventional architecture that basically required a significant development of non-existing supply chain or transition of low-rate supply chain resources in to high-rate manufacturers. Tesla has definitely helped the major manufacturers get into the EV product arena.

But the automobile game is tough. It has short product cycles relative to the cost of design and production, where the customer base expects a redesign every 7 years or so. That is where the cost is, product redesign; it's why VW builds 15 models off one platform (MQB). Tesla's current products are stale. The Model S has been around for over 10 years, looks the same, the price has increased faster than inflation, and most people don't want a 2.5-second 60 MPH car priced at $150K. The Model 3 is 5 years old now, is ugly (has been from the start), as are the X and Y, and the price point is a bit steep. The auto buyer is finicky. Perhaps Tesla's stock price, while grossly overvalued, is just a reflection of a customer base that wants some product refresh. It's still young company.

Batteries are expensive to produce. I don't believe there is a low-cost high-energy density solution, and that's where I see the market for them stalling.
I would argue that in a niche, you don't really need a major re-design every 7 years...but if you are in a niche just because the others haven't caught up to you...you're just in a temporary situation that can't be sustained, hardly a real niche. Lots of businesses tend to think they are in a niche when they are not and it's just a matter of time before someone else comes along and does what they do better, faster, cheaper, etc. It's obvious that Tesla is not in a niche. They could be a player in the future, but that's going to take development and innovation beyond where they are today. The other manufacturers have incredible manufacturing and engineering capability that is being leveraged as we speak.
Cos270608.50
chad86tsi1605.00
nicholasn261.00
      12-17-2022, 01:21 PM   #316
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
There was a thread on E90Post started a few years ago that basically asked the question "Will Tesla be Around in 10 Years?". The Model 3 is 5 years old now, is ugly (has been from the start), as are the X and Y, and the price point is a bit steep. The auto buyer is finicky. Perhaps Tesla's stock price, while grossly overvalued, is just a reflection of a customer base that wants some product refresh.
That thread was great GrussGott was a good contributor. Where is he. (Probably rolling in cash enjoying gains from having bought tesla stock then).
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17309.00
      12-17-2022, 06:35 PM   #317
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:

Market Summary
>
General Motors Company
36.15 USD
-25.02 (-40.90%)year to date

-2.49 (-6.44%)past month

−1.46 (3.88%)today

Market Summary
>
Tesla Inc
150.23 USD
-249.70 (-62.44%)year to date

-32.94 (-17.98%)past month

−7.44 (4.72%)today
I’m disagreeing Tesla is in trouble.
I’m disagreeing Tesla’s stock is down due to a “single handed” CEO…

I’m showing most, if not all, stocks are down. Proves nothing, has no room in the conversation, is related to nothing…
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17309.00
      12-17-2022, 06:56 PM   #318
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

Market Summary
>
General Motors Company
36.15 USD
-25.02 (-[COLOR="darkred"]40.90[/COLOR]%)year to date

-2.49 (-[COLOR="darkred"]6.44[/COLOR]%)past month

−1.46 [COLOR="darkred"](3.88[/COLOR]%)today

Market Summary
>
Tesla Inc
150.23 USD
-249.70 ([COLOR="DarkRed"]-62.44[/COLOR]%)year to date

-32.94 (-[COLOR="darkred"]17.98[/COLOR]%)past month

−7.44 ([COLOR="darkred"]4.72[/COLOR]%)today

I’m showing most, if not all, stocks are down. Proves nothing, has no room in the conversation, is related to nothing…
This!!!!!
Appreciate 2
________4158.50
Efthreeoh17309.00
      12-17-2022, 08:23 PM   #319
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:

Tesla’s stock has always had a very high P/E ratio, which is usually a prime indication the price of the stock is overweight compared to the actual earnings of the company. This is in comparison to Ford, GM, who has pretty low P/E ratios, which indicates the price may be a bit too low compared to their overall earnings.

P/E ratio isn’t everything either, many things influence price, and more often then not, it is market/sector performance as a whole, not an individual company performance, that ultimately weighs the most on a large company stock like Tesla, Ford, or GM. It makes sense they would all be down, they are all equally impacted by rising interest rates.

That said, I still agree with your assessment. If we want to talk about the health of the company or really any company, look at it’s finances, not the stock prices. Stock prices tend to be overreactive to company performance both on the negative and positive side until it’s already obvious if the company is in a boom or bust situation.

On the subject of Twitter, Tesla is acutely exposed to Twitter’s performance (which largely effects Musk’s debt situation). He has been selling more and more Tesla stock, effectively decreasing Tesla’s equity on their balance sheet by several billion at a time. There is also talk that Musk may use Tesla margin loans to help pay down the debt.

Overall, it isn’t a huge concern now, BUT, if Twitter were to really start failing (which is possible if they continue to lose advertising and/or get sued, especially by the EU), Musk would hurt, and Musk’s best way to get out of the debt would be in some way to collateralize or pay with more Tesla equity/loans, which hurts Tesla’s balance sheet. This affects the company’s ability to be as flexible as possible and to continue to grow.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      12-17-2022, 08:39 PM   #320
Housekeeping
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Me too. What Tesla has done so far is amazing, but it takes serious cash to take on Toyota, GM, Ford, and Stellantis and beat them at THIER game. I looked very hard at the Model 3, but the thing is just too effing ugly and the dash is a joke. The ones I have been in are of low build quality, noisy at speed, and cheap feeling. I even looked at a few companies that were supposedly coming out with a new front facia (not sure they ever did). I was driving 160 miles a day back then and the winter range was as issue for me. My employer had no on-campus charging. Pre-covid I ran all the numbers for them to install 3 EV chargers, but they wouldn't invest. I tried to convince the company that if they wanted to attract young engineers (they stated as such) they had to install EV infrastructure. Worst the CEO drove a Model S (based in Florida). LOL.
Model S after 2021 model is super nice inside. Not rattles, tech galore and drive beautifully. I prefer it over my M5 actually. Fast as snot too.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:56 PM   #321
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
IÂ’m disagreeing Tesla is in trouble.

IÂ’m showing most, if not all, stocks are down. Proves nothing, has no room in the conversation, is related to nothingÂ…

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
TeslaÂ’s stock has always had a very high P/E ratio, which is usually a prime indication the price of the stock is overweight compared to the actual earnings of the company. This is in comparison to Ford, GM, who has pretty low P/E ratios, which indicates the price may be a bit too low compared to their overall earnings.

P/E ratio isnÂ’t everything either, many things influence price, and more often then not, it is market/sector performance as a whole, not an individual company performance, that ultimately weighs the most on a large company stock like Tesla, Ford, or GM. It makes sense they would all be down, they are all equally impacted by rising interest rates.

That said, I still agree with your assessment. If we want to talk about the health of the company or really any company, look at itÂ’s finances, not the stock prices. Stock prices tend to be overreactive to company performance both on the negative and positive side until itÂ’s already obvious if the company is in a boom or bust situation.

On the subject of Twitter, Tesla is acutely exposed to TwitterÂ’s performance (which largely effects MuskÂ’s debt situation). He has been selling more and more Tesla stock, effectively decreasing TeslaÂ’s equity on their balance sheet by several billion at a time. There is also talk that Musk may use Tesla margin loans to help pay down the debt.

Overall, it isnÂ’t a huge concern now, BUT, if Twitter were to really start failing (which is possible if they continue to lose advertising and/or get sued, especially by the EU), Musk would hurt, and MuskÂ’s best way to get out of the debt would be in some way to collateralize or pay with more Tesla equity/loans, which hurts TeslaÂ’s balance sheet. This affects the companyÂ’s ability to be as flexible as possible and to continue to grow.
A lot of the "stock value" is due to the Elon factor, not the company balance sheet, or profits, intellectual property, or assets, etc. Mostly smoke and hope. It's how the market works, but that makes it more volatile. GM and other brands have their stock values correlated to their financials, assets, and the general market they operate in.

If you go back to post #310, this is where the "Elon factor" entered the conversation, and is what I'm replying to. GM and other brands have all fallen, Tesla has fallen 35% more than GM this year, and 50% more than many other segment leaders, despite being a leader in their own sector.

If it's not the financials, or their market position (they seem to be a leader), it might just be something else, like the Elon factor. That they also have inventory stacking up and the market has soured on high end EV's seems to be double-trouble for them. The elon factor has being a liability lately, and the market is putting a lot of pressure on the bottom line. Investors seem to have noticed this.

Many Auto manufacturers are facing difficult financials, but most don't have a sketchy CEO situation and a bunch of lawsuits going on at the same time. Those that don't will likely recover better/sooner.

Last edited by chad86tsi; 12-17-2022 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 3
TheMaxXHD641.00
KRS_SN13535.50
      12-19-2022, 09:25 AM   #322
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...imit-ourselves
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      12-19-2022, 01:03 PM   #323
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Tesla isn't going anywhere. Their profit margin per vehicle is unmatched and only going to get better.

For example here is Q3 2022 numbers vs Toyota(ice/phev/bev)

Toyota:
* 2,625 thousand sales
* $3,342 billion overall net profit
* $1,273 profit per vehicle

Tesla:
* 344 thousand sales
* $3,292 billion overall net profit
* $9,754 profit per vehicle

That's a near 9x profit per vehicle for Tesla.

It gets even worse when you start singling out just the competitor's EVs. Ford is struggling to make their EVs return a profit. Ford has raised the price of Lightning three times, it is now $16,000 or 40% more than original launch price. They are raising prices in such large chunks because they aren't making sh*t on their EVs. ICE sales are driving their profits and that goes for all legacy automakers. They could not survive on EV sales alone right now. Ford CFO stated in June they were now net negtive on MachE production due to inflation. MachE cost $25k more to produce than a Ford Edge, yet the two vehicles msrp are less than $10k apart.

Last edited by M3WC; 12-19-2022 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #324
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Tesla isn't going anywhere. Their profit margin per vehicle is unmatched and only going to get better.

Toyota:
* 2,625 thousand sales

Tesla:
* 344 thousand sales

It gets even worse when you start singling out just the competitor's EVs. Ford is struggling to make their EVs return a profit. Ford has raised the price of Lightning three times, it is now $16,000 or 40% more than original launch price. They are raising prices in such large chunks because they aren't making sh*t on their EVs. ICE sales are driving their profits and that goes for all legacy automakers. They could not survive on EV sales alone right now. Ford CFO stated in June they were now net negtive on MachE production due to inflation. MachE cost $25k more to produce than a Ford Edge, yet the two vehicles msrp are less than $10k apart.
10% of their profits come directly from Regulatory credits, AKA tax payer money. Feels so good to know my taxes are being used to enrich a profitable business. Redistribution of wealth, aint it great ?
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 05:18 PM   #325
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:

Toyota:
* 2,625 thousand sales

Tesla:
* 344 thousand sales

Horribly stripper interior and an exterior fit and finish that's nothing to write home about for the price and laughable customization than 4 or 5 drab colours etc...
of course they'll make more profit per unit due to cost cutting till customers realize it for what they are
a prestige item when none around (those days are gone) and an ultra generic item when everyone getting one and are driven as taxis etc.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
eluded3041.50
      12-23-2022, 12:52 PM   #326
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, totally overvalued. are they really worth 10 times GM? I don't think so. There is also this :

Elon Musk disclosed another $3.6 billion in stock sales on Wednesday, taking his total near $40 billion this year

All used cars are falling finally, and for a while Tesla was immune to that. Not any more. I looked at the cars.com listing a few days ago and there were a lot of them that have been on the lots for months and have had 15% price reductions, and are still for sale. On top of that, the new ones are stacking up at tesla stores. I looked earlier this week at my local "Existing Inventory" and it was up ~1000% over recent historical normal levels. Even the top selling models/versions are stacking up. I looked again today and now inventory is up 1200%, in less than a week.

This will get much worse for them before it gets better.
Stock was ~$150 when I wrote this ^ 9 days ago, now down to ~$125. Down ~19% in just the last week and .~69% year to date.

Google stock price check:
124.89 USD
-28.87 (-18.76%)past 5 days
-274.89 (-68.74%)year to date

I went to their website to check stock because I read they are now offering $7500 off 3's and Y's, plus 10K supercharge miles. Confirmed they are.

Looked at the S inventory, still extremely bloated. I went at the main webpage to build my own S so I could deduce the discounts now offered on those compared to normal prices, "build your own" now links directly to the existing inventory. The site won't even let you build your own anymore, only option is to buy one on the lot I know they have an end of year push they always do, but this year they must also have an inventory problem. There are currently 50 S's within 200 miles of me, normal inventory level is 2-4. Prices appear highly discounted, but since I can't look at the normal prices anymore, I can't be sure how much.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #327
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Stock was ~$150 when I wrote this ^ 9 days ago, now down to ~$125. Down ~19% in just the last week and .~69% year to date.

Google stock price check:
124.89 USD
-28.87 (-18.76%)past 5 days
-274.89 (-68.74%)year to date
The entire auto sector has been hammered year to date. Rivian down 81%, Lucid down 84%, Tesla down 68%, Ford down 49%, GM down 45%, Stellantis down 30%, Toyota down 27%. This week in particular it seems reality has set in for traders, all auto sector stocks are down quite a bit. Carmax missed their earnings estimates bigly. 2023 is looking like it could be even worse for the new and used car market.
Quote:
I went to their website to check stock because I read they are now offering $7500 off 3's and Y's, plus 10K supercharge miles. Confirmed they are.
It is because the Treasury delayed the minerals sourcing requirements from IRA until March. Opening a 2 month window starting Jan 1st where all NA built EVs will get $7500 credit, including Tesla and GM products. So, people started putting holds on their EV purchases, including other brands. Tesla likes to end the year with big numbers. Inventory of base M3's disappeared overnight, so it is working.

Quote:
Looked at the S inventory, still extremely bloated. I went at the main webpage to build my own S so I could deduce the discounts now offered on those compared to normal prices, "build your own" now links directly to the existing inventory. The site won't even let you build your own anymore, only option is to buy one on the lot I know they have an end of year push they always do, but this year they must also have an inventory problem. There are currently 50 S's within 200 miles of me, normal inventory level is 2-4. Prices appear highly discounted, but since I can't look at the normal prices anymore, I can't be sure how much.
Yes it will, scroll down click "custom order".

Last edited by M3WC; 12-23-2022 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 01:11 PM   #328
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The entire auto sector has been hammered year to date. Rivian down 81%, Lucid down 84%, Tesla down 68%, Ford down 49%, GM down 45%, Stellantis down 30%, Toyota down 27%. This week in particular it seems reality has set in for traders, all auto sector stocks are down quite a bit. Carmax missed their earnings estimates bigly. 2023 is looking like it could be even worse for the new and used car market.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...h=730f3f973a84

It’s the third-worst day for Tesla stock of 2022, sending the company’s market capitalization to $393 billion, nearly 70% off of its $1.2 trillion mark in January.

They are down $807 billion since January, that's 8/10's of a trillion US dollars of lost value. With that much money, you could probably buy the top 5 other auto manufactures outright based on market cap.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      12-23-2022, 01:13 PM   #329
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Yes it will, scroll down click "custom order".
Mine doesn't, tried on 2 different computers.

Quote:
It is because the Treasury delayed the minerals sourcing requirements from IRA until March. Opening a 2 month window starting Jan 1st where all NA built EVs will get $7500 credit, including Tesla and GM products. So, people started putting holds on their EV purchases, including other brands. Tesla likes to end the year with big numbers. Inventory of base M3's disappeared overnight, so it is working.
If you read trending articles, you find there are a lot of other issues specific to Tesla. I searched using "tesla inventory problems" and sorted for last 24 hours. there are lot of articles. Everything you said is "true", but Tesla has a lot of other "true" issues others are not facing.

The $7500 credit only applies to cars under $55,000, and SUV's under $80,000. That doesn't cover most Teslas, and thus isn't the only reason for their discount.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 01:23 PM   #330
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...h=730f3f973a84

It’s the third-worst day for Tesla stock of 2022, sending the company’s market capitalization to $393 billion, nearly 70% off of its $1.2 trillion mark in January.

They are down $807 billion since January, that's 8/10's of a trillion US dollars of lost value. With that much money, you could probably buy the top 5 other auto manufactures outright based on market cap.
Yup that is called math. Tesla's marketcap is multiple times larger than most vehicle brands. So yes when the entire sector has been hammered year to date, their marketcap goes down more in dollar amount. YTD percentage wise they are on the lower end of pure EV manufacturers and upper end compared to legacy automakers.

They still are one of the largest marketcaps in the sector, building vehicles with 9x more profit margin per car than Toyota(including ICE). They can afford to do end of year discount to hit unit sales targets.

The auto sector got annihilated this year and it will be worse next year.
Appreciate 0