THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover FS: 2014 228i 6MT M-Sport

12-09-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
GoldfishRT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX

FS: 2014 228i 6MT M-Sport

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2014 228i

White on brown leather

85,000 miles and will go up

Has M-Sport, Lighting, Premium, Tech, Driver Assistance, and Cold Weather packages.

I bought the car with ~47,000 miles and have had it for over 4 years now.

You'll be hard pressed to find any car with this mileage in as nice of shape as this one. I have kept extensive maintenance records on the car and many expensive service items have been completed under my ownership, including a recent oil pan replacement and the timing chain service under the extended service bulletin. Additional history is included in the pictures below. The car as it sits really needs nothing but, it does have a clunk on fast transitions with steering input, which I think may be strut mounts. It's intermittent and doesn't impact drive-ability but it's there. On that note, there is some amount of driveline vibration at 45mph and 80mph that it has had since I purchased it, also minor. The car comes on DWS06 tires on square 18x7.5 M235i lobster claw wheels. The tires are still good for dry and wet weather but are past the snow wear markers.

Cosmetically, only minor defects in line with the age and environment the car has lived in; that is to say, this car has seen its fair share of snow storms and sunny days. Some scraping under the front valence, a small scratch on the rear bumper that could be buffed, typical Colorado car rock chips, and some headlight fading. There's a small wear spot on the inside drivers door jamb as is common on 2ers. Drivers seat bolster and thigh support have a little wear too as you can see in the photos. Window tint is holding up okay but it's probably as old as the car at this point and so it's showing signs of aging.

I believe I am the the third or fourth owner of the car. The Carfax shows minor damage. A truck bed cover fell on the rear trunk deck and bumper of my car shortly after purchase. If you dig through the forums here you can find history of that. Ultimately I wanted it repaired right so it was fixed by Stuttgart here in Denver. You'd never know if it wasn't listed on the report.

Attached Images

Last edited by GoldfishRT; 07-23-2024 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Back on the market
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 09:57 PM   #2
lawn_mower
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Is this still available?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2024, 10:39 AM   #3
GoldfishRT
Private First Class