THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Orders/Allocations

05-09-2016, 06:55 AM   #177
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzaaddict View Post
Do you remember how soon after you were told that, when the actually build started ?
I am not 100% sure sorry
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:04 AM   #178
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
So I found out that our car was still sitting in the compound despite what the trucking / delivery information indicated. Believe it or night my son had to call the trucking company. They had indicated if the dealership had called them they would have expedited the car sooner! So we have gone from the car being delivered on Thursday March 5th to Monday March 9th and that is only because my son called them (trucking company). It's important you stay on top of your CA. In our case we did the work for him.
Yep, mine said it was picked up April 29th my LHF, then on May 4th the status reverted and it said it wasn't picked up yet.. then May 5th it got picked up and moved to the dealer. Maybe this is why they don't have tracking through BMW Canada - so the average consumer wont figure out how flaky their entire logistics chain is once the car hits Canada.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #179
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
So I found out that our car was still sitting in the compound despite what the trucking / delivery information indicated. Believe it or night my son had to call the trucking company. They had indicated if the dealership had called them they would have expedited the car sooner! So we have gone from the car being delivered on Thursday March 5th to Monday March 9th and that is only because my son called them (trucking company). It's important you stay on top of your CA. In our case we did the work for him.
I agree on being on top of it with your dealership. Mine called the regular driver on their route and asked him to move my delivery up and it was on the truck the next morning...Driver even made sure to keep the dealer up on his track from Toronto to Kingston.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 05:02 PM   #180
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
My Son's car finally arrived this morning and they are getting it ready to deliver tomorrow. She's a bit dirty as it was heading to get cleaned up. We'll pick it up with the M Black Grills and the following day (Thursday) she is booked in with Brooks De Geer @ Topgeerwraps for Clear Bra 3M Pro Full Hood, Bumper, Fenders A Pillars, Mirrors and luggage area (trunk) plus 35% Formula Tint all the way around. The day after (Friday) it's getting the VMR 710's in black installed by John at Leny's and the following week (Saturday) getting it coded by Steve at code my bimmer.
Attached Images

Last edited by X54TH; 05-10-2016 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #181
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive EBII

Quote:
My Son's car final arrived this morning and they are getting it ready to deliver tomorrow. She's a bit dirty as it was heading to get cleaned up. We'll pick it up with the M Black Grills and the following day (Thursday) she is booked in with Brooks De Geer @ Topgeerwraps for Clear Bra 3M Pro Full Hood, Bumper, Fenders A Pillars, Mirrors and luggage area (trunk) plus 35% Formula Tint all the way around. The day after (Friday) it's getting the VMR 710's in black installed by John at Leny's and the following week (Saturday) getting it coded by Steve at code my bimmer.
Congrats! Looks awesome. Bet it will look even better with the black grills and wheels and tint.
Pretty sure my car is still at port. Going on thirty days there with no real explanation why. Awesome...
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #182
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDrill View Post
Congrats! Looks awesome. Bet it will look even better with the black grills and wheels and tint.
Pretty sure my car is still at port. Going on thirty days there with no real explanation why. Awesome...
I looked for you and it still hasn't gotten on the rails.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #183
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I looked for you and it still hasn't gotten on the rails.
Thanks for looking. It could be loaded in another day or another thirty and the wait is killing me. Just would like to know when it will arrive.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #184
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for looking. It could be loaded in another day or another thirty and the wait is killing me. Just would like to know when it will arrive.
Trust me my son has haunted the dealership. Our sales guy is probably glad to deliver because we were driving him nuts.

Don't get what causes this delay on your car. Yours was in a week before ours and we are picking ours up at the dealer tomorrow. Potentially there is another delay which is the trucking company. Our car would have sat there until my son called them. We could have got it on the weekend if we would have pushed them. Maybe it's the dealer and or their location. Maybe they wait for a number of cars to accumulate a particular dealer or area...I'm guessing.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #185
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Trust me my son has haunted the dealership. Our sales guy is probably glad to deliver because we were driving him nuts.

Don't get what causes this delay on your car. Yours was in a week before ours and we are picking ours up at the dealer tomorrow. Potentially there is another delay which is the trucking company. Our car would have sat there until my son called them. We could have got it on the weekend if we would have pushed them. Maybe it's the dealer and or their location. Maybe they wait for a number of cars to accumulate a particular dealer or area...I'm guessing.
I have no idea either. I thought I remembered you got yours through Budd's in Oakville? Cause I got mine through the same dealer. Personally I don't believe there's much organization at all in terms of order and I just got shit luck and it's taken a while. Hopefully it loads soon.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #186
canadaeh89
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 02' 330xi / 16' M235i / 18' M2

Quote:
My Son's car finally arrived this morning and they are getting it ready to deliver tomorrow. She's a bit dirty as it was heading to get cleaned up. We'll pick it up with the M Black Grills and the following day (Thursday) she is booked in with Brooks De Geer @ Topgeerwraps for Clear Bra 3M Pro Full Hood, Bumper, Fenders A Pillars, Mirrors and luggage area (trunk) plus 35% Formula Tint all the way around. The day after (Friday) it's getting the VMR 710's in black installed by John at Leny's and the following week (Saturday) getting it coded by Steve at code my bimmer.

Looks amazing, congrats!! Mine just got built last week haha so I'm still waiting for it to leave Germany!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #187
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here she is. My son was showing some love.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #188
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Had the car out with my wife through a few winding country roads. This is an amazing car. I absolutely love driving it. My wife's 2016 X5 MSport that cost about $25K more doesn't come anywhere near the handling and power. You guys will love it!!

Tomorrow: 3M Pro Full Clear Bra and 35% Tint
Friday: New shoes - VMR 710's Black
Attached Images

Last edited by X54TH; 05-12-2016 at 05:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 09:06 PM   #189
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Had the car out with my wife through a few winding country roads. This is an amazing car. I absolutely love driving it. My wife's 2016 X5 MSport that cost about $25K more doesn't come anywhere near the handling and power. You guys will love it!!

Tomorrow: 3M Pro Full Clear Bra and 35% Tint
Friday: New shows - VMR 710's Black
So jealous! Looks great though and glad to hear you're so happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 05:06 AM   #190
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So jealous! Looks great though and glad to hear you're so happy with it.
Man, you need to get the dealer to do something. I look on the CN site for you everyday and nothing. You need to kick up a fuss.

Anyway, this is a great car. Real fun to drive. Found it comfortable, quiet smooth but yet responsive. Just so impressed with it. You'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 03:59 PM   #191
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Man, you need to get the dealer to do something. I look on the CN site for you everyday and nothing. You need to kick up a fuss.

Anyway, this is a great car. Real fun to drive. Found it comfortable, quiet smooth but yet responsive. Just so impressed with it. You'll love it.
I just got an email today that my car has left port. Finally. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up the car in the next week and a half to two weeks. Though I suppose I shouldn't be so optimistic given how long it sat at port. Either way, ecstatic to finally have some movement.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #192
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just got an email today that my car has left port. Finally. So I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick up the car in the next week and a half to two weeks. Though I suppose I shouldn't be so optimistic given how long it sat at port. Either way, ecstatic to finally have some movement.
Humm, don't see anything on the rail. Maybe CN's system is bit behind.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #193
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Humm, don't see anything on the rail. Maybe CN's system is bit behind.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #194
M2KH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 235, White

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Hang in there dude. It's worth the wait. Just keep pushing your sales guy, call the shipping company once it gets in Concord. Put a rush on it.

Budds will say they need 3 days for PDI. Push them for 1 business day like I did. Just keep the pressure on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 06:50 AM   #195
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 235Beast View Post
Hang in there dude. It's worth the wait. Just keep pushing your sales guy, call the shipping company once it gets in Concord. Put a rush on it.

Budds will say they need 3 days for PDI. Push them for 1 business day like I did. Just keep the pressure on them.
Thanks for the tips. You and X54TH both. I appreciate it. I will keep on them.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #196
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Here she is all done up. Clear Bra, 35% Tint, Black Mirrors and Black VMR 710 Rims. My son is very happy and so am I. I think this car looks better than any other car we have in our stable and damn it's fun to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #197
BeeDrill
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Here she is all done up. Clear Bra, 35% Tint, Black Mirrors and Black VMR 710 Rims. My son is very happy and so am I. I think this car looks better than any other car we have in our stable and damn it's fun to drive.
Looking good! I like the wheels. And based on your pictures I'm thinking 35% tint might be the way to go. I was thinking 20% on the rear window but I think 35% might be perfect.

Also, you guys are going to love this shit, but apparently my car just arrived at the dealer! Apparently logistics are way behind, but hey, I'll take it. They told me they need three days to prep it but this weekend doesn't work for me to go pick it up anyways so I'm not going to push on it. Should be able to pick the car up Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #198
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looking good! I like the wheels. And based on your pictures I'm thinking 35% tint might be the way to go. I was thinking 20% on the rear window but I think 35% might be perfect.

Also, you guys are going to love this shit, but apparently my car just arrived at the dealer! Apparently logistics are way behind, but hey, I'll take it. They told me they need three days to prep it but this weekend doesn't work for me to go pick it up anyways so I'm not going to push on it. Should be able to pick the car up Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait.
No way??? What the hell I didn't see it on the rails. Oh well, it here!!! I so happy. You'll love this beast.
Appreciate 0