THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F22 coding cheat sheet

07-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #1497
reala
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16' MG M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
It's on or off
Anybody tried changing power class to turn down ASD?

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1222030
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #1498
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reala View Post

I believe it has no effect but you can give it a try
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 11:19 PM   #1499
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by reala
Quote:
It's on or off

Let me know if it works so I can turn it up lol.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 11:05 AM   #1500
reala
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16' MG M235i xDrive

so far I don't see any difference with different power class.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #1501
Rommel42
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i 2016

Question,
Is anyone using windows 10 to do E-Sys coding?I like to get away from my old heavy HP laptop,and use my Surface 3 Pro which I clean installed windows 10 on.Just like to get some feedback from users who may have coded with E-Sys.Thanks for any replies.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 07:42 PM   #1502
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel42 View Post
Question,
Is anyone using windows 10 to do E-Sys coding?I like to get away from my old heavy HP laptop,and use my Surface 3 Pro which I clean installed windows 10 on.Just like to get some feedback from users who may have coded with E-Sys.Thanks for any replies.
I had win 7 and then updated to win10 and it keeps running
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #1503
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Question,
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. No issues with E-sys, ISTA+. or ISTA-P. The only program that needs Windows XP is BMW Standard Tools (INPA, NCSExpert, etc), but I run those in compatibility mode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-26-2016, 09:52 PM   #1504
Rommel42
Private
Rep

Quote:
I had win 7 and then updated to win10 and it keeps running
Thanks for the good news,pikcachu.Will install it before the night is over.
BTW.Microsoft will release that GIANT windows 10 update on august 5.Good luck to all that update,incl.me.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #1505
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
BTW.Microsoft will release that GIANT windows 10 update on august 5.Good luck to all that update,incl.me.
I already run the Insider Previews so I am constantly updating. They still have some issues to work out before August.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #1506
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep
Drives: 13 GT50014 AW M235i(sold)

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
I just got Esys installed and it went smoothly, however the only cable I have is a USB obd2- is it correct I need a LAN obd2 cable for the vin to register?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #1507
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questofthetune View Post
I just got Esys installed and it went smoothly, however the only cable I have is a USB obd2- is it correct I need a LAN obd2 cable for the vin to register?
Correct. ENET for F-series. K+DCAN for E-series. Different software and connection interface.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #1508
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Correct. ENET for F-series. K+DCAN for E-series. Different software and connection interface.
Thanks- I was getting frustrated then it dawned on me enet = Ethernet ha
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #1509
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks- I was getting frustrated then it dawned on me enet = Ethernet ha
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #1510
Rommel42
Private
Rep

Quote:
I already run the Insider Previews so I am constantly updating. They still have some issues to work out before August.
Thanks for your info.Did install the E-Sys files with no problems.What was a pain,was the win 10 updates.One file would d/load,but not install.Had to be the one with over 900mb,right?Ended up getting that KBxxxxxx file from Microsoft direct,and it installed.This weekend I will hook up the Surface Pro to the car,and do a test run.
I did some coding last weekend (Unlock doors when engine is off)also my first visit to FEM_BODY.No problem with coding,all working fine.The reason I bring this up,so far when coding,like in ACSM or HU_NBT2,I never saw any cheat codes.But in FEM_BODY I actually saw some,and even some in (I don't make this up)in french.I made a test with the Activ and Nicht Activ values,
but no joy.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 10:57 PM   #1511
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your info.Did install the E-Sys files with no problems.What was a pain,was the win 10 updates.One file would d/load,but not install.Had to be the one with over 900mb,right?Ended up getting that KBxxxxxx file from Microsoft direct,and it installed.This weekend I will hook up the Surface Pro to the car,and do a test run.
I did some coding last weekend (Unlock doors when engine is off)also my first visit to FEM_BODY.No problem with coding,all working fine.The reason I bring this up,so far when coding,like in ACSM or HU_NBT2,I never saw any cheat codes.But in FEM_BODY I actually saw some,and even some in (I don't make this up)in french.I made a test with the Activ and Nicht Activ values,
but no joy.
There is no problem installing E-sys or Launcher on Windows 7-10. I am not sure to what you are referring for a file over 900mb. If you are having update troubles, you can use alternatives like WHDownloader.

Re Cheat sheets and Coding: there are cheat sheets for most of the more commonly coded ECU's and remember coding is ECU, not chassis specific. A few new codes have come to light recently, but you will not see many until more people have G-series vehicles and newer ECU modules (eg., HU_NBT2). The other issue is mapping ECU's as the launcher uses legacy data.

If you are referring to the build in E-sys cheat sheets, those have to do with launcher (C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\FDLCodes). They can be updated and edited. BMW's are driven all over the world and cheat sheets have been submitted from various individuals from these different countries, including those whose first language is French (Bortho) or Spanish (ruben_17non). You can use the filters for chassis and author. But, be aware that codes may appear that may not be relevant for your vehicle; therefore, you should select "Review" to verify before you select "Apply."
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #1512
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
A question I'm having regarding coding 6NS- I have non tech non navi head unit. I have the walk through from Sean and am going through it repeatedly to understand what I'll do when I get the cable but the step where it says "add/ delete FA from bottom left window and click apply changes icon"
I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to alter or add?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #1513
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A question I'm having regarding coding 6NS- I have non tech non navi head unit. I have the walk through from Sean and am going through it repeatedly to understand what I'll do when I get the cable but the step where it says "add/ delete FA from bottom left window and click apply changes icon"
I have a non-tech package head unit as well. Honestly, unless you're gonna connect two phones via bluetooth it's not worth the hassle. Who knows though, maybe I did something wrong and I'm not getting the full benefit. I just know that with my Nexus 6 i didn't really notice much of anything after coding besides the ability to connect a second phone.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #1514
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I have a non-tech package head unit as well. Honestly, unless you're gonna connect two phones via bluetooth it's not worth the hassle. Who knows though, maybe I did something wrong and I'm not getting the full benefit. I just know that with my Nexus 6 i didn't really notice much of anything after coding besides the ability to connect a second phone.
I can't stream Bluetooth or use my USB- I was under the impression it would give me the usability of it since I can only talk on the phone for now and AUX cords suck to use haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 10:37 AM   #1515
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't stream Bluetooth or use my USB- I was under the impression it would give me the usability of it since I can only talk on the phone for now and AUX cords suck to use haha.
That's odd. I was able to stream from day 1 prior to any coding. Wait, i have a 2016. I think that may not have been standard at one point?

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #1516
Questofthetune
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
That's odd. I was able to stream from day 1 prior to any coding. Wait, i have a 2016. I think that may not have been standard at one point?
Bingo. 2014 was the dark ages for BMW from what it looks like 😅
I need enhanced to even unlock streaming OR USB usage from what I see.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #1517
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What is currently in FA dictates whether and which option codes to remove or change.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #1518
Rommel42
Private
Rep

Quote:
There is no problem installing E-sys or Launcher on Windows 7-10. I am not sure to what you are referring for a file over 900mb. If you are having update troubles, you can use alternatives like WHDownloader.

Re Cheat sheets and Coding: there are cheat sheets for most of the more commonly coded ECU's and remember coding is ECU, not chassis specific. A few new codes have come to light recently, but you will not see many until more people have G-series vehicles and newer ECU modules (eg., HU_NBT2). The other issue is mapping ECU's as the launcher uses legacy data.

If you are referring to the build in E-sys cheat sheets, those have to do with launcher (C:\Program Files (x86)\TokenMaster\E-Sys Launcher Premium\FDLCodes). They can be updated and edited. BMW's are driven all over the world and cheat sheets have been submitted from various individuals from these different countries, including those whose first language is French (Bortho) or Spanish (ruben_17non). You can use the filters for chassis and author. But, be aware that codes may appear that may not be relevant for your vehicle; therefore, you should select "Review" to verify before you select "Apply."
Thanks for explaining a few things to me.To tell you the truth,I rather do the coding manually,because in my case,I would go to all the modules I changed with the embedded cheat sheet,(which I can't do at the moment anyway)just to check if it actually changed to the proper value.
About that 900mb file,just remember the last 3 digits KBxxxx285 I think it was some update for win10 1511 version.I even needed the latest firmware for my Surface Pro.Since I have not used it for a while,hence the big size for that KB update?
Anyway the Surface Pro is up to date until Aug/2/16 right?A side note:Was reading on Betanews.com that after the BIG update,one can not disable many annoying parameters any longer.Windows 10 could use some CODING,if you know what I mean.
Appreciate 0