THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Metis Leader (voyage complete)

03-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #111
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

03-03-2015, 02:48 PM   #112
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

03-03-2015, 09:56 PM   #113
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

No update to report :'(

Vessel tracker hasn't updated in the last 8 hours, so my update from this morning is it for now.

03-04-2015, 12:26 AM   #114
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Ok, so let's see ...

- I got a fair bit of work done today ... more than I have in the last week altogether.
- I napped for 2.5 hours after work, instead of my normal 1.5 hours.
- I had more than average energy at the gym, attributable to Jack in the box and The Natural Cafe, which have been responsible for my ... Hey ! Why aren't you listening ? You're not interested in what happened in my life today ? ...

Fine ! Be that way !

Alright, I guess you came here to find out where the Metis Leader currently is. I'll tell you where it is - NOT ANYWHERE NEAR Oxnard, California, U.S.A.

Looks like its pings have finally found a way to reach the satellite(s), after a tense 10 hour blackout.

On the bright side, no more Central America on the map I only see Mehico and Die Bundesstaat Kalifornien
Attached Images

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-04-2015 at 01:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:36 AM   #115
Xiaoxi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a Miata

^haha, I've never seen someone with this much anticipation!
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2015, 01:51 AM   #116
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi View Post
^haha, I've never seen someone with this much anticipation!

How's it goin in the new auto ?
      03-04-2015, 02:20 AM   #117
baxley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i MSPORT

Inline you're a Programmer aren't you?

If our cars hit Oxnard on Tuesday... when are we betting our cars hit the dealer?
-Wishful thinking Thursday
-More likely, Saturday... typing that just reminded me of someone on here saying they don't detail over the weekend... if we have to wait until Monday I may die.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:36 AM   #118
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxley View Post
Inline you're a Programmer aren't you?

If our cars hit Oxnard on Tuesday... when are we betting our cars hit the dealer?
-Wishful thinking Thursday
-More likely, Saturday... typing that just reminded me of someone on here saying they don't detail over the weekend... if we have to wait until Monday I may die.
Yup, I'm a programmer, though I prefer the sound of "Senior Software Engineer 1" I guess I've been dropping enough clues, huh ?

- Writes a computer program to monitor the Panama canal cams
- Is single (there are more accurate words to describe my "relationship status", but I don't know y'all well enough to use them )
- Seems to have nothing to do other than the same crap everyday ... work, sleep, gym, monitor the Metis Leader
- Makes poor and ultimately vain attempts at humor

LOL, as for reaching the dealer, actually let's make that dealer pickup, hmm ... yeah, I'd say find something to keep you occupied till Tuesday 3/17.

To fill the void in my life at the moment, I'm writing a computer program to count down the time till Tue Mar 17 5 pm (when I leave work). It will tell me the number of days, hours, mins, seconds, milliseconds, etc, to that date/time.

Being the pessimist that I am, I won't count on ME getting MY car before Tue Mar 17. Don't hate me.

If you're planning on dying if you're 228i-less on Monday 3/16, vaya con dios, mi amigo.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-04-2015 at 02:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 02:53 AM   #119
baxley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I'm from the Bay so I've acquired several Developer friends... god I hate you all! ahaha kidding!

Bloody hell, TUESDAY?! I figured since our dealers are so close to port it would be quick. Could swear I read someone on here received his in a few days, and that one guy with a business trip is worried about his being here in less than a week...

:b arf:
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 03:02 AM   #120
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxley View Post
I'm from the Bay so I've acquired several Developer friends... god I hate you all! ahaha kidding!

Bloody hell, TUESDAY?! I figured since our dealers are so close to port it would be quick. Could swear I read someone on here received his in a few days, and that one guy with a business trip is worried about his being here in less than a week...

:b arf:
LOL, finally someone who's just as tense about this whole thing as I am

The reasoning behind my Tue Mar 17 estimate is:

- 1 day to sit at the port to account for "Oh, Angelina Jolie's entourage happened to be driving by the port, and that created a huge traffic jam." or "But the dude who was supposed to drive your car to the VPC had to leave work early coz his wife couldn't pick their son up after soccer practice".
- 2 to 3 days for US customs to look inside the car for organic matter that might destroy entire ecosystems of precious California blue jays. (They wouldn't let me bring plant seeds back from Venice, Italy ... true story)
- TGIF
- 1 day to truck the car to the dealer ... this brings us to Mon 3/16
- 1 day for detailing

I've added some padding for shit happens.

Hence, Tue Mar 17

I'm also from the South bay (8 yrs, before SoCal). Truth be told, I prefer to spend most of my time away from developers and will go to great lengths to avoid them outside of my work hours
      03-04-2015, 03:22 AM   #121
baxley
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

"02-27-2015, 06:17 PM #252
entrylevelenthusiast

My car arrived in port on the 25th. Just received a call from my CA about 90 minutes ago saying it arrived at the dealer. My dealer is about an hour commute from the port. Hopefully this is a bit helpful.

Unfortunately my CA said pick up won't be until at atleast Monday because the team that prepares the cars had already left for the day. Do they not normally work Saturday and Sundays?"

I'm going cup half full here and keeping my fingers crossed for a 2 day turn around
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2015, 03:35 AM   #122
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm going to be in such denial when I pick mine up. I'm gonna ask my CA to bitch slap me to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Pessimism and jokes aside, dude, we have to all make a pact, agreeing that, once we get our cars, we will share pictures and pickup experiences with our shipmates here !

Esp. since we're all going to be picking up within a short time span (a week?), it'll really add to the fun n excitement to see proof that, after 10 weeks of hellish waiting, people really do get their cars ... that it's not a Nigerian scam or a sadistic prank by BMW to read about people's infantile anticipation, anxiety, and tracking, over the expectation of receiving nice cars.

Even more ideal would be owner's reviews on YouTube. That is one thing that YouTube seriously lacks - reviews from ACTUAL M235I OWNERS, not just fanboys or haters who keep whining about "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M" "but it's not a true M".

Tell you what - please call my M235i a "Aduai Dela Messavussu" and don't wager on me giving a FLYING FUCKING FUCK ... and I will joyously, pompously, and proudly parade it around on the streets and on YouTube.

Last edited by Inline_Six; 03-04-2015 at 04:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 08:53 AM   #123
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

Looks like we're just off the coast of Mexico, nearing Acapulco. InlineSix, did vesseltracker.com cut off your satellite access now? Mine is now saying I have to upgrade to the Coastal Account to track the ship. Fortunately it checked in this morning about an hour ago so I switched back to marinetraffic.

Anyone know how the Port of Long Beach is doing? Somewhere in a thread earlier it was mentioned (maybe just speculated) that the ship was skipping Long Beach and that's why it would be to Port Hueneme a day early, but NYK's schedule (updated yesterday) still show the stop in Long Beach.

Hopefully it's not like the Port of Oakland, which is still a bit of a mess.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #124
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
Looks like we're just off the coast of Mexico, nearing Acapulco. InlineSix, did vesseltracker.com cut off your satellite access now? Mine is now saying I have to upgrade to the Coastal Account to track the ship. Fortunately it checked in this morning about an hour ago so I switched back to marinetraffic.

Anyone know how the Port of Long Beach is doing? Somewhere in a thread earlier it was mentioned (maybe just speculated) that the ship was skipping Long Beach and that's why it would be to Port Hueneme a day early, but NYK's schedule (updated yesterday) still show the stop in Long Beach.

Hopefully it's not like the Port of Oakland, which is still a bit of a mess.
Hey, yes, the vessel tracker free accounts do that after a week. Just sign up for a new account (you'll need a new email address to provide).

About the port of Long Beach, I read that it's going to be in a major slowdown for the next 3 months, while they sort out wages/salaries. In that time, Hueneme will take on much of that workload for incoming ships.

So, I don't understand why the ship still needs to stop at Long Beach. I wrongly assumed that it won't stop at Long Beach because of the union strike mess. I guess it's ahead just because they made good time.

I'm not sure whether it will actually stop. Let's just see what happens
      03-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #125
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yup, Acapulco de Juarez.
Attached Images

03-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #126
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

People from SoCal ... once we get our rides, would y'all be interested in meeting up and hanging out ?

Just casual, no need for an agenda or a 100 people to show up. Just a small gathering of 2ers. Something like "cars n coffee" ?

Anyone interested ? From what I remember, there's (not necessarily on the Metis Leader):

- myc132
- baxley
- myself
- Nuwheels
- Alpine F31

I'll post this elsewhere to get more responses. There's the California forum.
      03-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #127
ellincali
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Convertible

[QUOTE=InlineSixTwinScroll;17502513]
Pessimism and jokes aside, dude, we have to all make a pact, agreeing that, once we get our cars, we will share pictures and pickup experiences with our shipmates here !QUOTE]

So...will you keep this pact better than that pact you made with yourself (like we all probably did) to try to ignore this site and not obsess while our cars are en route?

I can't wait for you (in SoCal) to get your cars--those last few days will be agonizing for those of us further away but it will help to know yours made it.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #128
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elincali View Post
Pessimism and jokes aside, dude, we have to all make a pact, agreeing that, once we get our cars, we will share pictures and pickup experiences with our shipmates here !

So...will you keep this pact better than that pact you made with yourself (like we all probably did) to try to ignore this site and not obsess while our cars are en route?

I can't wait for you (in SoCal) to get your cars--those last few days will be agonizing for those of us further away but it will help to know yours made it.

Yup, I will keep this new pact much better ! I'll be posting tons of pics almost right away !

Will keep y'all posted the whole way through !

We should start a "pickup experiences" thread
      03-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #129
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Cool Feeling Blue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billJ View Post
The new one is a Liquid Blue (UCLA color) 435i Coupe manual trans. It's our 4th, the others are/were: '79 Fjord Blue 320i stick (retired); '90 Glacier Blue 325i stick; '03 Toledo Blue 530i stick shift. You may discern a color preference.

The other options are unremarkable (HK sound, premium pkg, backup camera).
You may want to check out one in BLUE

Congratulations! Sounds nice. Post pics when you get it. Looking forward to seeing it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #130
1ChrisRuck
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2 LCI  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
We should start a "pickup experiences" thread
AGREED! Especially since 1ChrisRuck hasn't received his and has no idea when to expect it... Yeah let's start one of those
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 01:00 PM   #131
Nuwheels
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSixTwinScroll View Post
People from SoCal ... once we get our rides, would y'all be interested in meeting up and hanging out ?

Just casual, no need for an agenda or a 100 people to show up. Just a small gathering of 2ers. Something like "cars n coffee" ?

Anyone interested ? From what I remember, there's (not necessarily on the Metis Leader):

- myc132
- baxley
- myself
- Nuwheels
- Alpine F31

I'll post this elsewhere to get more responses. There's the California forum.
Absolutely... I'm in....I travel a lot for work but if I'm in town I'd definitely make the drive somewhere for a meet up. Hopefully if all stays on schedule I'll be picking mine up this Sat. If so, will post my 'pickup experience'. Seems strange this crazy, obsessive, car/boat tracking 2 months is almost over now...these last few days are the worst though!
      03-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #132
Inline_Six
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ChrisRuck View Post
AGREED! Especially since 1ChrisRuck hasn't received his and has no idea when to expect it... Yeah let's start one of those
Luckily for 1ChrisRuck, he can respond to this thread at a later time, when he does get his