THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions F22 coding cheat sheet

01-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #1079
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth6 View Post
They unfold when you unlock the car with that setting as well, you just need to make both ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN and ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN active.

As a fail safe the car automatically unfolds the mirrors at about 10 MPH. Someone probably has the exact speed.
Thank you!
      01-18-2016, 05:41 PM   #1080
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth6
I have been playing a bunch with the coding on the car and wanted to share my experience. Not sure if there are changes to the 2016 cars that may impact how some of these codes work.

To start ...
'16 M235i Coupe, Technology Package (ZTP), Driver Assist Package (ZDA)
Order Options - 1CA, 2TB, 2VB, 3AG, 3DZ, 302, 319, 322, 4FT, 4NE, 403, 423, 430, 431, 441, 459, 488, 493, 494, 508, 521, 522, 524, 534, 563, 6AC, 6AE, 6AK, 6AM, 6AP, 6NH, 6WA, 609, 655, 676, 697, 8KL, 8S4, 8TN, 840, 9AA, 925

VO Coding - Remove 8S4 - Works
VO Coding - Change 6NH to 6NS - Partially working. Office functions work, 2 phones do not work. I ended up going back to 6NH as the only two functions between 6NH and 6NS was Office and 2 phones on 2016 F22s.

FDL Coding -

The good
  • Remove Seatbelt Alarm (SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer & SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer) - Works
  • Close Mirror / Open Mirror with fob (ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN & ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN) - Works
  • Delay for mirror close (KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN) - Works
  • Unlock Doors with engine off (CLM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK) - Works
  • Brighter Halos while driving (MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD & MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD) - Works
  • Radio / Navi off with open door (TCM_LOGIC_R_OFF_DOOR) - Works
  • Doorhandle LED when backing (OVT_BEI_RUECKFAHRLICHT) - Works
  • Emergency Brake Light "Flashing" (ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG) - Works
  • Legal Disclaimer removal (LEGAL_DISCLAIMER_TIME & MACRO_CAM_LEGALDISCLAIMER) - Works
  • M Startup Logo (startup_emblem) - Works
  • TPMS Temp (RDC_SAFETY) - Works
  • Digital Speed (BC_Digital_V) - Works

The questionable
  • Own ring tone (Inband_ringing) - Works, but I can not find a way to increase the ring volume. It is so faint, that the only reason I can tell the phone is the visual indicator on the cluster.
  • GPS Sync (GPS_UHR) - Not sure. When I set it, I had to manually update the time to get the alert to clear. Since the car is new, I can't tell if the time is coming from GPS or connected app.
  • Google local voice search (GOOGLE_LOCAL_VOICE_SEARCH) - Not sure. I enabled it but can't figure out how to test it.

The ugly
  • Enable Video through USB "Both" (API_IPOD_VIDEO) - Does not work. Only get audio no video. Tried multiple formats and devices. Cant validate the codec's yet as I can't get the video to play.
  • Using 2 phones though (Bluetooth_2nd_HFP & Two_Phones_parallel & SINGLE_OR_MULTILINK) - Does not work. Removed and added both phones. Only one can be connected and the other is shown as paired. Tried a few iPhones and they all responded the same way.

I am going to continue to play as I really would like 2 phones to work as I live on the phone for work.
I think for the ring tone you need to increase the volume through the knob or the steering control while it's ringing

I think you can hit the talk button and say POI to use the voice search

I think the Dual phone will not show up but if you receive a call on the non connected phone it will come out their the speakers too but only 1 phone will be connected at a time
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #1081
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
I think for the ring tone you need to increase the volume through the knob or the steering control while it's ringing

I think you can hit the talk button and say POI to use the voice search

I think the Dual phone will not show up but if you receive a call on the non connected phone it will come out their the speakers too but only 1 phone will be connected at a time
Thanks for the help. Ring tone worked perfectly as did POI. Will update my last post.

As for the phone. I see one connected and that one receives and makes calls perfectly. The other one (paired) does not do anything with the car.

I have also tried to split the activity. Phone 1 connected for phone calls and Phone 2 connected for streaming audio. Calling Phone 1 works, Phone 2 does not. The audio on Phone 2 drops the streaming volume while the phone rings, but you do not hear the ringing or see any indication on the car. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #1082
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quickest Stock Turbo F8X

Quote:
It still chimes when the car starts, but as soon as you drive off no alarming. The cluster light still shines showing seatbelt open. That is exactly what I was looking for.

The only thing I am having issues with is enhanced bluetooth. VO coded it. I can't have two phones active at the same time. Acts just like the 6NH did. Trying to find instructions on how it should work if you bought it. The only ECU I coded was HU_NBT2 after applying the 6NS.
Mine works. No chimes at all. The bad is that I still have the little red seatbelt icon on the dash unless I buckle up.
      01-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #1083
PeteSoulDeep
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Hi Shaun, if you're reading do you have the latest E-Sys software and token to work with a 2016 F21 LCI at all?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #1084
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSoulDeep View Post
Hi Shaun, if you're reading do you have the latest E-Sys software and token to work with a 2016 F21 LCI at all?
I replied to your same PM on Bimmerfest.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #1085
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The ugly
  • Enable Video through USB "Both" (API_IPOD_VIDEO) - Does not work. Only get audio no video. Tried multiple formats and devices. Cant validate the codec's yet as I can't get the video to play.

I wanted to make sure that the USB port worked and did the video playback on the head unit, so I activated API_USB_VIDEO. That worked like a charm. I could see the additional menu item for movie and it played successfully.

Now to figure out why movies via iPhone is not working.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #1086
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud IX View Post
Mine works. No chimes at all. The bad is that I still have the little red seatbelt icon on the dash unless I buckle up.
That is exactly what I was looking for. I did not try to remove the indicators when I updated the configuration.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #1087
Cloud IX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Quickest Stock Turbo F8X

I would love to know how to remove them. The main reason I'm not getting new seats is because I don't want to stare at the seatbelt and airbag indicators on my dash all day...
      01-20-2016, 06:30 AM   #1088
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud IX View Post
I would love to know how to remove them. The main reason I'm not getting new seats is because I don't want to stare at the seatbelt and airbag indicators on my dash all day...
Did setting the following not work?

Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF to nicht_aktiv
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA to nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #1089
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Did setting the following not work?

Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF to nicht_aktiv
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA to nicht_aktiv
I think it doesn't work on the latest versions
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #1090
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the help. Ring tone worked perfectly as did POI. Will update my last post.

As for the phone. I see one connected and that one receives and makes calls perfectly. The other one (paired) does not do anything with the car.

I have also tried to split the activity. Phone 1 connected for phone calls and Phone 2 connected for streaming audio. Calling Phone 1 works, Phone 2 does not. The audio on Phone 2 drops the streaming volume while the phone rings, but you do not hear the ringing or see any indication on the car. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Someone on Bimmerfest got me thinking based on a post.

Under Settings, Connections, Bluetooth, in the menu if you scroll right while Bluetooth is highlighted you see the setting to configure bluetooth. Under there I found Telephone 2. All I had to do was check it and then go back to my secondary phone and select phone 2 as opposed to phone 1. Worked like a charm. Looks like VO coding 6NS still requires you to go make a few manual settings via iDrive.

Maybe I missed this somewhere in all of the documentation, but I am glad that it worked!!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #1091
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Someone on Bimmerfest got me thinking based on a post.

Under Settings, Connections, Bluetooth, in the menu if you scroll right while Bluetooth is highlighted you see the setting to configure bluetooth. Under there I found Telephone 2. All I had to do was check it and then go back to my secondary phone and select phone 2 as opposed to phone 1. Worked like a charm. Looks like VO coding 6NS still requires you to go make a few manual settings via iDrive.

Maybe I missed this somewhere in all of the documentation, but I am glad that it worked!!
Yes you need to configure correctly tel 1 and tel 2.... it's somewhere in the manual or bluetooth extra info online

VO coding just enables the features... will not change idrive stuff for you automatically
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #1092
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

I have a 2015 F21 135i LCI with prof Nav and standard 6NH Bluetooth.
I have successfully coded some stuff (thanks to Shawnsheridans guides) but can't get the FA coding to work.
I changed the 6NH to 6NS in the FA tree and then wrote it to the HU-NBT ECU but it doesn't seem to have worked?
There was some text that appeared when coding about the VCM not being read.
But that's beyond my understanding.
Anybody have any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:18 PM   #1093
Grave
Private
France
Rep
Drives: 220D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Thanks, you are the king

I got same error than Cloud IX but could you explain why this file was missing even in latest Psdzdata lite ? Only from Full database ?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 05:31 PM   #1094
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Thanks, you are the king

I got same error than Cloud IX but could you explain why this file was missing even in latest Psdzdata lite ? Only from Full database ?
Sometimes CAFD files are remove from PSdZData releases. This is the infinite wisdom of BMW AG. I have no explanation for it.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #1095
Grave
Private
France
Rep

Hi,

anyone knows how to keep sound level at start up > 25% ?

I read it's need coding but can't remember where.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #1096
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Hey guys,

A quick update. I finally received my ODB cable today. With my notebook already prepared with all the software, bits and pieces I decided to do a "quick coding session" to see how it would go.

Coded the ///M animation and set ASD to F06 (which seems to have eliminated it completely )

Tomorrow I'm going to take some more time and code some other stuff.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:52 AM   #1097
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ok
I've changed the FA to 6NS and VO coded the HU_NBT2. (No CMB MEDIA)
The Idrive codes and resets.(previous FDL coding I've done remains ok though)
Deleted phones and reconnect Bluetooth but no office function option in Bluetooth, or show notifications slider on iPhone Bluetooth page.So the phone isn't recognising the HU as an MAP device? (works ok on wife's X5)
I guess it's just not coding the FA to the module.
What else can I try?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #1098
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusH View Post
Ok
I've changed the FA to 6NS and VO coded the HU_NBT2. (No CMB MEDIA)
The Idrive codes and resets.(previous FDL coding I've done remains ok though)
Deleted phones and reconnect Bluetooth but no office function option in Bluetooth, or show notifications slider on iPhone Bluetooth page.So the phone isn't recognising the HU as an MAP device? (works ok on wife's X5)
I guess it's just not coding the FA to the module.
What else can I try?
If previous FDL coding on the HU NBT2 remains ok then it means that you didin't actually VO code it.

Look at the video again in the first post and make sure you pressing the correct button
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #1099
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep

Think I've followed the guide to the letter but will try again tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 04:10 PM   #1100
Grave
Private
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grave View Post
Hi,

anyone knows how to keep sound level at start up > 25% ?

I read it's need coding but can't remember where.
Found it in http://f30.bimmerpost.com
Change maximum radio volume upon vehicle start
HU_NBT 3002 VOL_MAX_ON

Defaut : werte=19
19 is the hex value for 25%
32 is the hex value for 50%
4B is the hex value for 75%
64 is the hex value for 100%

Last edited by Grave; 01-27-2016 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0