THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Review of MT M235i

03-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #23
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r3Series View Post
Nacho, good write up. You do know there is an m performance exhaust and fixed suspension available for the M235i? If you haven't heard the m performance exhaust the clip is on this forum somewhere or you can check it out on YouTube, sounds great.
Part of my frustration is that BMW USA is making active suspension standard and we cannot get the fixed M-sport suspension in the USA on the M235i. Yes I am aware there is a standard M sport suspension and MSport base Alcantara super-bitchin' interior but we cannot get it in the USA. I have asked several times. As I said before, if I could get a 235i with the Alcantara interior, fixed M sport suspension, limited or full lock diff and a decent exhaust, I would probably be very close to seriously consider or buy one if they don't make an M2 version but BMW USA says no.

That's why I posted BMW email hoping people ask for this stuff. When I spoke to BMW USA, they said they only get calls for more features, bigger bundles, leather base, etc. She told me I was the first call ever asking for Alcantara, normal suspension etc. I know there are other guys out there that feel the same way.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

If they appeal to only a small minority of buyers it makes sense the BMW would offer these options as port/dealer M Performance add-ons rather than standard features - it simplifies the production line and allows them to charge fat premiums for them at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #25
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon K View Post
If they appeal to only a small minority of buyers it makes sense the BMW would offer these options as port/dealer M Performance add-ons rather than standard features - it simplifies the production line and allows them to charge fat premiums for them at the same time.
Not sure it would work for taking off idrive, video display, removing active suspension and swapping interior. The crazy things is that I have toured the BMW factory in Munich and they spend millions on just-in-time manufacturing. It's incredibly advanced. send a sedan, coupe, wagon one after another and the robots know which parts to weld, etc. They have this capacity already, they just don't employ it for the US because most Americans want to buy a car off the shelf and will take whichever is available. Most Europeans are pickier and will spec their cars out and wait for them to be built so it wouldn't be difficult at all to allow more choice. Also, the choices I am asking for are actually the most common ones that are available around the world. However, if no one says anything, there is no reason for BMW to care and also, I think many don't know how alcantara interior looks or feels like. The 1M was built because a few crazies like me told BMW that the M3 was getting too big, bloated, heavy and it was a huge hit. So my intentions are strictly noble. I just want to let people know that the rest of the world gets cool choices and if you like them, let BMW know.

I just go my Car and Driver and they picked an Audi over the 435i. The M5 also lost and Car and Driver has been BMW's biggest advocates for years! They had the same concerns, isolated sound, little feedback from steering, lack of excitement. The crazy thing is that a few minor tweaks could change that.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
G8r3Series
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Nachob,

The M Performance Suspension is a fixed suspension, and it is available in the US and can be port or dealer installed. My CA already gave me pricing on it...Can't help you with the removal of the I-drive though!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #27
basiluf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 S450 2018 S90

This guy seemed to really like the 6MT M235i.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #28
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by basiluf
This guy seemed to really like the 6MT M235i.

Ahahah
Appreciate 0