THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET40 235/265 Set Up

04-04-2016, 01:49 PM   #243
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemcs View Post
I'm hoping it is! The photos and comments from you and @drpoomanchu were what made me go with the slightly higher offset than is customary on here.
Yeah I had a good 3/4" to 1" of clearance with my setup. I pretty confident you will be fine.

I am loving mine more and more every day. I actually brought mine in for service a couple days ago and the techs thought it was an m2 at a glance from the looks of the wheel fitment.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #244
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Yeah I had a good 3/4" to 1" of clearance with my setup. I pretty confident you will be fine.

I am loving mine more and more every day. I actually brought mine in for service a couple days ago and the techs thought it was an m2 at a glance from the looks of the wheel fitment.
Are you FBO JM... ? If so what do the techs say about your mods... Im half scared to take mine in... The cold start would shatter their glass building
All in all with the Dinan springs and new wheels its a totally different animal...
The car looks mean from the rear and has a nasty stance to it... I get looks all the time now and even got a "thats a badass car" from a guy in a business suit thats a first for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #245
wakemcs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Type

Quote:

Is that clearance toward the inside of the rear? That's good to hear as I was somewhat concerned about the rear tires rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
Are you FBO JM... ? If so what do the techs say about your mods... Im half scared to take mine in... The cold start would shatter their glass building
All in all with the Dinan springs and new wheels its a totally different animal...
The car looks mean from the rear and has a nasty stance to it... I get looks all the time now and even got a "thats a badass car" from a guy in a business suit thats a first for me.
Haha compliments are always great. I'll be taking my car in for its first service soon, I hope the techs/service adviser don't give me a hard time or take any joy rides..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #246
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha I'm 24 and I'm a construction manager. Sometimes one Fridays I'll take it to a jobsite if I don't have to off-road it for access. You should see the looks I get from some of these guys when they see me step out of it haha.

I'm not FBO yet. I had my dp removed beforehand. Half for the reason of bringing it for aervice, and the other half being I was swapping it anyways. I did have an intake, charge pipe and aftermarket cf spoiler, splitter and rear valence.

They were really cool about mods actually. My SA had an FBO 335 now has a new m3. My service guy used to work with Dinan or was associated with them and was telling me how ridiculous the 235 is with dinans big turbo. And one of the geniuses and I just talked for an hour straight about my car and his car. So it seems my dealership is pretty relaxed about it. If my engine blows up from a tune though I'm sure it will be a different story.

Also I am planning a trip down to enzo sometime in the next couple weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #247
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha I'm 24 and I'm a construction manager. Sometimes one Fridays I'll take it to a jobsite if I don't have to off-road it for access. You should see the looks I get from some of these guys when they see me step out of it haha.

I'm not FBO yet. I had my dp removed beforehand. Half for the reason of bringing it for aervice, and the other half being I was swapping it anyways. I did have an intake, charge pipe and aftermarket cf spoiler, splitter and rear valence.

They were really cool about mods actually. My SA had an FBO 335 now has a new m3. My service guy used to work with Dinan or was associated with them and was telling me how ridiculous the 235 is with dinans big turbo. And one of the geniuses and I just talked for an hour straight about my car and his car. So it seems my dealership is pretty relaxed about it. If my engine blows up from a tune though I'm sure it will be a different story.

Also I am planning a trip down to enzo sometime in the next couple weeks.
Nice..! Why did u swap DP's were you not liking one or the other..?. Sounds like you have a winner of a dealer there. I don't know about my dealer most local to me... They seem like all they care about is moving cars and not very experience oriented. Im gonna check out a dealer a little further away and feel them out a little. Keep me posted on your trip to Enzo. Seems like a great shop. Still debating on how much further to take this car and whether or not to do an ECU tune/pure setup...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #248
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Haha compliments are always great. I'll be taking my car in for its first service soon, I hope the techs/service adviser don't give me a hard time or take any joy rides..[/QUOTE]

Yea, i dont even know if its worth the hassle for servicing. Now if something goes wrong then yea, but just for an oil change i dont know. I may not even have it serviced by them. What else do they typically do during a routine service anyways..? I have never been in for one.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:04 AM   #249
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice..! Why did u swap DP's were you not liking one or the other..?. Sounds like you have a winner of a dealer there. I don't know about my dealer most local to me... They seem like all they care about is moving cars and not very experience oriented. Im gonna check out a dealer a little further away and feel them out a little. Keep me posted on your trip to Enzo. Seems like a great shop. Still debating on how much further to take this car and whether or not to do an ECU tune/pure setup...
Not to derail this too much but yeah I think I did get lucky which is why I'm staying with the same dealership even though I moved a little further away and there are probably other ones closer.

-installed dp got exhaust leak and realized there was a gasket I didn't put in
-took dp of and installed gasket
- threw a CEL so I got an o2 sensor spacer and tried so I took it off again to install the spacer
-didn't fit so I ordered a new spacer... Installed new spacer and threw a different code
-I figured if I was gonna be throwing a code I might as well take the spacer out
-had service coming up for first oil change and a seatbelt sensor so I said screw it, I'll put the stock back in for the visit and just keep it stock till I get the tune and can have the code deleted
-so I will be reinstalling the dp before I go to get the tune and hopefully that's the last time.

I absolutely love the sound. It's actually killing me to be back at stock right now!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 07:37 PM   #250
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

I finally installed my wheel spacers:

5mm front
12.5mm rear

There's now proper clearance and no outside rub issues for my 225 front/265 rear setup.

Running Apex EC-7, 18x8.5 ET45 front, 18x9.5 ET58 rear.

The front looks flush and rear has just a tad poke.

I think the 235s should clear the front now.

I can take and post pics if anyone really wants them.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #251
wakemcs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post

5mm front
12.5mm rear

There's now proper clearance and no outside rub issues for my 225 front/265 rear setup.

Nice! Let's see some photos. The more info and photos the better for everyone. Any chance you have comparison photos for the rear?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #252
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

I'll take some pics.

No comps. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 02:17 PM   #253
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

5mm front
12.5mm rear

OK, here are my photos WITH the 5mm spacer in front and 12.5mm spacer in rear, with the proper bolts. Thank you ocN55 for your help brofessor.

BTW, yes I have a handi tag. And, yes my car is dirty as hell.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #254
Poboy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
OK, here are my photos WITH the 5mm spacer in front and 12.5mm spacer in rear, with the proper bolts. Thank you ocN55 for your help brofessor.

Those look great, is that the anthracite color?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #255
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy View Post
Those look great, is that the anthracite color?
Thanks man. Yup, anthracite. Only thing is, not sure everyone would be happy with that bit of poke...

And for any of you guys whom want to install This APEX setup you will need spacers. I ran without them for a while but its not optimal.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #256
Rus.K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW ZCP M3

Hey guys, definitely just a hypothetical question.

Is it possible to run a 19x10 et. 45 in the rear? What would the offset have to be? Since most are running 19x9.5 et.40-45 adding the additional .5" width you are gaining 6mm of backspace while additionally adding 6mm of poke.

This would mean you would have to cut the strut guard to clear correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #257
wakemcs
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

That looks great! Thanks for the photos. The rear poke is minimal, makes me think a 50-52 offset is a great "conservative" fitment for a 9.5" rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 01:11 AM   #258
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That looks great! Thanks for the photos. The rear poke is minimal, makes me think a 50-52 offset is a great "conservative" fitment for a 9.5" rear.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #259
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Ugh. You guys have got me wanting a wider footprint!

I want to do 265/30 rear but I'm worried that with 19x9.5 ET45 it may poke more than I want. I have 18x9.5 ET45 255/35 rear Michelin PA4 and they poke about 5-10mm.
Some of these 265 pics even with ET40 in this thread look like they're not poking that much.

If I measure my PA4 255 on a 9.5" width wheel, it's a full 10" width (no stretch). If I measure PSS 255 on a 8.5" wheel (my Audi), it's only 9" width (very minimal bulge).

Here is my 18x9.5 ET45 with 255/35/18:

So are PA4s just freakishly wide? Would I be annoyed with the poke of 265 PSS on ET45? Seems to me the PSS 265 may be equal actual width to the PA4 255. Or maybe I'm just nuts.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #260
wakemcs
Private First Class
Rep

I finally got around to having everything mounted, balanced, and put on the car. You guys were NOT kidding, it's very tight all around. My setup clears the front struts and locking collars and the rear shock cover and fender liner. Could probably go in a few mm in the front at this height without hitting the locking collars. Could also go in a few mm in the rear without hitting the shock dust cover but it would be close to a part of the fender liner. All in all I love the fitment, but I get rubbing on the front on dips at least. I'll be rolling the fenders and maybe bring the front up a hair.

Wheels are MRR FS01 in Liquid Silver.

Front:
19x8.5, ET40
235/35/19 MPSS

Rear:
19x9.5, ET52
265/30/19 MPSS
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 07:59 PM   #261
usabia
sillyphuck
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 M235i  [7.00]
I have to say folks this is a killer forum. Im new around here but just wanted to say thank you to all of you that gave such great advice on fitments. After going stage 3 Dinan tune, my stock tires just cant hold grip anymore. Glad to see all these awesome fitments that helped me decide what sizes to go.

After admiring CloudIX's fitment looks i decided to go with his exact wheel and tire size. I went ahead and ordered these babies:

http://www.nicheroadwheels.com/brush...ar-w-10646.htm

Only problem is its a 7-9 week wait!

Once again you guys give awesome info.
Ill post pics when i get it done

peacout.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #262
T&PBMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4

Hi Guys, I'm back on the forum again as we just got our 2016 M235i X-Drive Convertible a few week ago and I wanted to share my wheel experience.

After reading/seeing CloudIX and his fitment, I decided to try it out for myself and ordered the same sizes from a different wheel manufacturer.

19x8.5F +35ET 235/35/19
19x9.5R +40ET 265/30/19
Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Factory Suspension.

Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to show you because the wheels were taken off immediately after being installed. The rears appeared to poke at least 15mm+ and the fronts where flush (barely). I really did not like the way it looked in the rear as they where not a good fitment for my application and appeared to poke much more than CloudIX. Perhaps, it may have had something to do with X-Drive.

Being X-Drive, I initially debated between a square or staggered setup but decided on staggered. After determining that the 265s did not work, we proceeded to place a front 235 on the rear. The result was a square setup running 19x8.5 +35ET 235/35/19 both front and rear, is flush all around and very aggressive looking. This is what I ended up going with and I now have the advantage of rotating the tires.

The fronts are a tight fit for sure, especially with MPSS. In parking lots (with winter road debris) and backing out, I do get a slight rub from the sand and small stones that attach themselves to the softer MPSS. That is how close they really are. When clean, there is no front rub in either forward or reverse at full lock (so far). I was actually doing circles in a parking lot to test the fitment!

To be safe, and through experience I would recommend ordering staggered setups with the following spec unless you are able to do test fitments prior. This one is tried-and-true.

19x8.5F +35ET 225/35/19
19x9.5R +45ET 255/30/19
Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I'll take pictures of my setup once my camera battery charges.

Just for reference, here is the 19x9.5 +45ET 255/30/19 compared to my setup.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...culate#content

One last thing. The 19" MPSS non run-flat is a better ride than the 18" stock Pirelli run-flats.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #263
T&PBMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4

Corrected.

Just for reference, here is the 19x9.5 +45ET 255/30/19 compared to my setup.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...culate#content
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #264
M-tavo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
I finally got around to having everything mounted, balanced, and put on the car. You guys were NOT kidding, it's very tight all around. My setup clears the front struts and locking collars and the rear shock cover and fender liner. Could probably go in a few mm in the front at this height without hitting the locking collars. Could also go in a few mm in the rear without hitting the shock dust cover but it would be close to a part of the fender liner. All in all I love the fitment, but I get rubbing on the front on dips at least. I'll be rolling the fenders and maybe bring the front up a hair.

Wheels are MRR FS01 in Liquid Silver.

Front:
19x8.5, ET40
235/35/19 MPSS

Rear:
19x9.5, ET52
265/30/19 MPSS
Looks really good, What suspension are you running on?

I'm running H&R springs and my fronts rub once in a while (even with rolled fenders)

Mine are
F 19x8.5 et40 235/35 Hankook evo2 V12
R 19x9.5 et45 265/30 Hankook evo2 V12
Appreciate 0