THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Silver Project Camber Plates - Anyone used them?

05-13-2024, 05:52 AM   #1
Jaik
Rep
Drives: White

Silver Project Camber Plates - Anyone used them?

I came across these well priced camber plates from Silver Project. They're only $200... so with that price comes some scepticism. I couldn't find anything on Aliexpress that looked similar... so perhaps they are made in Poland.

https://silverproject.eu/camber-plat...0-f31-f32-f80/

Has anyone purchased them? What are your thoughts on the quality? Any long term review?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2024, 09:49 AM   #2
Dom147
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i, 2017 BMW M240i

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [0.00]
it does seem very sketch...

If you end up going with them, let us know how it goes! I don't think they'll last very lonk though. Maybe its just the pictures but they look paper thin! I believe this would also mess up the height of the perch as well. I wonder where the perch sits anyway? will it use the OEM perch? There's absolutely no instructions or specifications.

If I had to guess they will definitely clunk like crazy
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 10:28 AM   #3
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

It’s less expensive because it’s an inferior design using all 2D parts except for the sliding plate that has a bearing retainer sleeve welded to it. If this was a f8x camber plate, the CF strut brace would be bolted to the secondary plate that holds the camber setting. Its stack height looks a lot thinner than the oem upper strut mount and well known camber plates. This could result in a car that sits too low. I wish the actual spring seat was shown on the underside instead of five vertical tabs that hold something. It should be something that spins on a bearing so the strut is easily turned with steering angle. I’d pass and go with either a well known and used GC, Vorslag or Millway camber plates. I have GC on f82 and f22 with MCS 2WR dampers and not a single issue for 8 and 4 years, respectively.
Appreciate 1
Dom147119.50