THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning N20 oil cooler conversion + Accusump install (wip)

04-13-2023, 10:51 PM   #23
jas00x
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M-sport

Thanks for the info. Went ahead and ordered everything up. Hopefully, this will all work to help to protect the engine so I can be a little more confident about getting back on track.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 10:04 AM   #24
jas00x
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 228i M-sport

Hey guys, I got all the parts in last week and starting to map everything out. that Accusump is a bit larger than I thought it would be. I don't think that will fit properly in the engine bay as laid out in that photo. So just wondering where people are mounting this thing. Most people I know have full on race cars, so they mount them in the passenger side/footwell area. I'm trying to keep my street car interior, so was thinking about mounting it behind the driver seat on the floor, and maybe routing the lines through the transmission tunnel. Just wondering where you guys ended up putting the accusump on your cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2024, 08:52 AM   #25
ngl
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Since I am currently happy with the install, it's time to update this thread. I updated the first post with the parts list.

As observed by others, the 2Qt Accusump is quite big, so I also got the 1Qt to try. It helps, but it is too small to offer adequate protection for both hard braking and high G cornering. It gets empty quite fast.

It was better than nothing but still not enough, though as I found out, it depends on the track.

In order to make room for the accusump I had to change the intake from the oversized stock one to something that would leave more room. I found the Mishimoto CAI to be a good choice for this, since it still pulls air from outside like the stock one.

I had to heat wrap it because it is metal and was getting really hot and so did my IAT. With heat wrap is almost as good as the stock intake. If I had to do it again, I would probably look for something made out of plastic, I think aFe makes one.

I did not used the switch that came with the accusump, because aesthetics Besides, I already had more things needing buttons in the car so I made this:

The accusump selenoid is powered by a relay that is energized by the button in the car.

This is located next to the engine bay fusebox, and I will change it since I don't like it, but it works for now. The relay takes power from the permanent 12V of the car and is protected by a fuse. Ground is also connected to the provided ground in the engine bay. The button controlling the relay requires ignition to be ON, so the accusump will be off when the engine is off and will not discharge.

I wanted the accusump to be removable so I added a waterproof connector to the selenoid:

The accusump is anchored by a custom made bracket and the strutbar:

And finally, I made the hose with a slight bend in it to account for the engine movement. I used a 45° AN10 PTFE fiting to slightly orient to hose down so the hood could close:

And the finished product:

Quaife LSD | BC Racing Coilovers | H&R ARB | F8x LCA+TS | Wiechers Strutbar | Mishimoto CAI | Mishimoto Oil Cooler | Mishimoto Oil Catch Can | Mishimoto FMIC | 2Qt Accusump | VRSF DP | Masata TIC | Masata CP | DV+ | Custom Kline Exhaust | GTS Style Roll Cage | Sparco Evo QRT | Brey-Krause seat mounts | Schroth Profi 2 ASM 6p | 10" Android HU| xHP Stage3 | BM3 | RaceCapture Data Logger
Appreciate 1
msendit437.00