THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Anyone have experience with the H&R 15mm springs?

03-25-2021, 07:33 PM   #1
radio3
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Anyone have experience with the H&R 15mm springs?

I was curious if anyone has experience with the H&R 28896-2 springs. In particular, I wonder how they compare to the MP springs in terms of spring rate.

I actually want pretty much factory stiffness, but a slight drop. These springs have a reasonably conservative amount of drop, however they were originally designed to drop a different model of car a large amount, which makes me suspect that they may be stiffer.

Any feedback anyone could provide on how stiff these springs are would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 09:33 PM   #2
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

Not sure where you're seeing 15mm drop for these springs..?

On H&R's website for this P/N: 28896-2 it lists a 1.2" drop which converted to metric is about 30mm, not 15mm.

http://www.hrsprings.com/application...s/4/Suspension

I believe from a previous post you have a M240i so I wouldn't run this exact H&R part number anyways since they are spec'd for a 228/230 vert (or "Cabrio" for the Euro folk).

If in fact your really looking for the 28896-3, these are H&R's spec'd for 235i/240i XDrive cars, but they still lower the car 1" (about 25mm, not 15mm)

If your M240i is a rear wheel drive then look at the H&R P/N 28891-2, which again is still a 1" drop (25mm)

Just do what I did if you want to spend the least amount of money for the least amount of drop: buy some used Dinan springs and get some 10MM spacers for the rear so you'll end up with about a .5/.6" (13mm/15mm) drop front and rear. Anything else will drop the car more and/or cost more (not counting the MSS springs which are height adjustable so you can dial in next to no drop if you want but they're not cheap and also not counting the Triple S springs which at a great price of $250 they lower only 10mm/15mm front and rear but there are no reviews on here on those so you can take a chance on those and report back for the good of the forum!)
https://www.springrates.com/triple-s...bmw-m240i-f22/
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 01:49 PM   #3
radio3
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv92red View Post
Not sure where you're seeing 15mm drop for these springs..?

On H&R's website for this P/N: 28896-2 it lists a 1.2" drop which converted to metric is about 30mm, not 15mm.

http://www.hrsprings.com/application...s/4/Suspension

I believe from a previous post you have a M240i so I wouldn't run this exact H&R part number anyways since they are spec'd for a 228/230 vert (or "Cabrio" for the Euro folk).

If in fact your really looking for the 28896-3, these are H&R's spec'd for 235i/240i XDrive cars, but they still lower the car 1" (about 25mm, not 15mm)

If your M240i is a rear wheel drive then look at the H&R P/N 28891-2, which again is still a 1" drop (25mm)

Just do what I did if you want to spend the least amount of money for the least amount of drop: buy some used Dinan springs and get some 10MM spacers for the rear so you'll end up with about a .5/.6" (13mm/15mm) drop front and rear. Anything else will drop the car more and/or cost more (not counting the MSS springs which are height adjustable so you can dial in next to no drop if you want but they're not cheap and also not counting the Triple S springs which at a great price of $250 they lower only 10mm/15mm front and rear but there are no reviews on here on those so you can take a chance on those and report back for the good of the forum!)
https://www.springrates.com/triple-s...bmw-m240i-f22/
Thank you for the advice. I have read a few places that they drop the M240i by 15mm (for example: https://williamsperformance.co.uk/pr...mm-some-models).

My preference would be for the Dinan springs, they would be perfect with that spacer, however they are exorbitantly expensive here in the EU and I haven’t been able to find them used.
Appreciate 0