THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Fouled Seat Belt Rewind

04-30-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
Shovelman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

Fouled Seat Belt Rewind

It seems that the belt can get fouled by feeding it back too fast. Slack going into the post lets a fold enter with a bad result. This is more likely if you have the seat way back and leaned back. Those of us who are properly sized can't reach anywhere near the post and can't feed the belt to it so it retracts at it's own pace. If you are vertically challenged (by door frames etc) feed cautiously.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #2
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Yep common issue for SOME people. I have always "walked my belt back" ever since I started driving so it's a non-issue here... my gf on the other hand...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

A not too long ago post had suggestions and a fix for this (DIY way to get them out, IIRC), also many stories of getting dealers to open things up. I hven't had mine lock up or pull a foldover into itself, but it has jammed up a few times enough to stop retracting; happens if I'm in a real hurry and don't keep a little tension on it as it retracts.
Appreciate 0