THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Axle Back Exhaust Installation ($300)

04-26-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Axle Back Exhaust Installation ($300)

I have to travel 22 miles to find to closes Muffler Shop, however these muffler shop doesn't inspire me too much confident even that they charge around $75.

So I called Performance Innovation that specialized in BMW, MB and other European Cars. The guy that does the quotes was not there so later on he calls me.

He ask me the year and model. He then say it would be $300 because it would take them 2 hours. Really? This job will take at best 45 mins. I don't do it myself because the tubing that needs to be cut.

People around here think that BMW are Lamborghini or Ferrari, is a freaking axle back exhaust.

I don't even want to ask how much they charge to install the Dinan springs ...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 09:30 PM   #2
paposalsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i

Well after somebody in another thread mentioned watching Youtube the light bulb turned on. So after watching a vid found out of a pipe cutter that you can get in Auto Zone as a Free Loaner.

Exhaust installed even that the clamp nuts worn me out.
Appreciate 1
harma24411.00