THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Should I cancel my M235i order?

01-19-2016, 07:16 AM   #45
tbonez3858
Private
Rep
Drives: Car

There is no way I'm buying a BMW with a relatively new motor in it. I would buy the M235i...

...and for the warranty changes this may be my first and last BMW. I LOVE this car and its been virtually trouble free. I carefully calculated the financials around the short warranty and the maintenance program. When I ran the theoretical numbers I barely came out in the black (for warranty/maintenance). With the reduction of warranty it would have most likely put me in the red. Im not going any deeper in the red for total cost of ownership for a car.

Not covering brakes is a huge thing. You are supposed to replace rotors, pads, etc when doing BMW brakes. Hence the cost is going to be significant...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 07:25 AM   #46
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by selmeralto View Post
I was told by BMUSA that the My BMW website is having some difficulties allowing people to add vehicles to the BMW personalized webpages. If your vehicle doesn't appear on the My BMW page, you can't track it via the BMW website. I asked BMW to add my vehicle to the site. BMW said they would and that it would take 3-5 business days to do so.

This glitch doesn't affect your ability to track the car via the BMW telephone tree or by one of the customer service agents on the phone.
Interesting. I sent them an email yesterday asking why I'm not able to track my vehicle. Maybe they'll do the same for me, but at that point my car will be ready to be on a boat. It's scheduled to finish production tomorrow.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 07:39 AM   #47
selmeralto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Interesting. I sent them an email yesterday asking why I'm not able to track my vehicle. Maybe they'll do the same for me, but at that point my car will be ready to be on a boat. It's scheduled to finish production tomorrow.
You probably will have to allow for a few more days. After the car is built it is assigned to an inland carrier. It is then shipped to the port for transit to the USA. It took a few days for this to happen for my car. Your car must then await to be assigned to an available ship. Then it's on the water.

Patience, my friend.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2016, 07:42 AM   #48
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm trying to be patient. I've only bought a couple of things for the car so far haha. At least I have my PCD date, so now I'm trying to make the tracking of the car a fun process instead of a painful one. I was thinking that I'd wait until 2/1 to call the genius line to find out what ship my car will be or, hopefully, is on.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2016, 08:16 AM   #49
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
I'm trying to be patient. I've only bought a couple of things for the car so far haha. At least I have my PCD date, so now I'm trying to make the tracking of the car a fun process instead of a painful one. I was thinking that I'd wait until 2/1 to call the genius line to find out what ship my car will be or, hopefully, is on.
Tracking the ship is fun so you've got that to look forward to
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #50
Hemisedan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming in March: 2016 BMW M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
What date are you picking up at the PCD? I'm picking up mine on March 9th, then the drive back to Iowa. Looking forward to the PCD delivery.

My m23)I just landed in Charleston, now for the port installs
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #51
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Oh man, that's exciting. Why is the PCD date so far away? I pick up on 3/15. I'll have it for like 20 mins since I'm driving straight to extreme colors to get the xpel put on. They do the ppf for the performance center.

Handing it over is going to hurt. I've waited so long to finally get this car. Oh well, what's one more day.

Definitely lmk how the experience is man.
Appreciate 0