THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Screen upgrade

02-15-2022, 08:11 PM   #1
Dave97
Rep
Drives: BMW Porsche

Screen upgrade

I’m looking to buy a m240. 2017 and on. I’ve read thru posts on upgrading the screen to navigation and CarPlay. Some of the cars I’m looking at don’t have navi. These appear to have the “smaller” screens. Since I don’t have the car I don’t know what operating system they have. What would be the cost to upgrade? Or should I just wait for a car with navigation. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 07:59 AM   #2
Itsjoshshep
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave97 View Post
I’m looking to buy a m240. 2017 and on. I’ve read thru posts on upgrading the screen to navigation and CarPlay. Some of the cars I’m looking at don’t have navi. These appear to have the “smaller” screens. Since I don’t have the car I don’t know what operating system they have. What would be the cost to upgrade? Or should I just wait for a car with navigation. Thanks
Interested in this also.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
73tiiDavidPA
Rep
Drives: 73 tii

I have a 228i, 6sp, slick-top, manual seats, no NAV, no tech / comfort or any packages. Only zenon lights and heat seats. A previous owner had upgraded the screen to the larger video screen.

I just checked / chatting with the Bimmer Remote Coding (BIMMER-REMOTE.com) who posts on this site a bunch and does all sorts of upgrades.

I sent a photo of my screen / software version.

The short answer was no NAV, no upgrade possible. I would double check with the person at that site, but I'd only be looking for cars with NAV if you ever want CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
Dave97
Rep
Drives: BMW Porsche

I have also looked into a Android head unit. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see any units for Id 5 or6 units. Does anyone make one of those?
Appreciate 0