THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery new owner of 2017 230i xdrive convertible questions

07-09-2024, 11:19 AM   #1
Kurbmaster
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i convertible

new owner of 2017 230i xdrive convertible questions

New owner of Bmw car wife bought while I was away on my BMW GSA motorcycle. I do a lot of my own Maintenace on my motorcycles.

Since I'm unfamiliar with this car. The maintenance records (bought from a dealer) seem to be up to date at the 78,000 mile mark. It is BMW certified. I bought a platinum Maintenace plan for two years. Yea I know I paid to much. Car seems immaculate. When does the timing chain need to be replaced or other parts like tensioner? What problems or known issues are with this car and what do I need to look at or watch closely. Is the car relatively reliable?

I would like to change my own oil and filters and have access to a lift. Do brake jobs etc. Any hints where to get filters besides dealer and other parts that are genuine BMW or Mahle like I use on my motorcycle.

Do I have the B46 engine?

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0